vikingapocalypse

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Dear worriers,

 

You are in luck. I will start Chubb so you don’t have to. I will let you know how it turns out. I have these things called balls so I don’t worry as much. Sit back and let me do the heavy lifting. 

 

You’re welcome.

 

Signed,

Owner who believes the Chubb Era is in full effect.

 

We in this, dawg.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im happy the Barkley comparison is finally done because its not that close. However he's going to be a stud. Def high end RB2. Possible low end 1. And I don't own him but wish I did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wideopen21 said:

 

The Browns have a Rookie QB and since his first start they have about 550 yards rushing in the last 4 games. They are going to want to establish the run. Chubb is pretty much the only game in town at this point and will likely get at least 15-18 carries and a couple of targets.  

 

I don't care about the ESPN analysts, but be careful with your PIT analysis. They faced only 2 good RBs, Mixon (11 for 64 and a TD) and Kareem Hunt (18-75 and a TD). The other RBs were Hyde/Collins/Barber/Coleman and a little of Freeman. If they were shutting down Gurley/Barkley etc.. then I would maybe avoid Chubb, but I have seen nothing from the Steelers to indicate they can shut down a good RB. 

 

 

Thanks for the info I appreciate it. I agree with your point. I hope you’re right that the Browns o-line/Chubb combo can stack up against the Steelers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of reminds me of Jamal Lewis.

Edited by griffin727
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, griffin727 said:

Kind of reminds me of Jamal Lewis.

 

That's exactly what I thought when I watched his highlights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Panthor said:

Chubb is talented, CLE has improved but they still suck.  Chubb is a volume play, limited upside not because of his short comings but the short comings of his team and coaches

 

yeah think people are forgetting just how bad this offensive line is.

 

Chubb has to do most of the work. Tampa was awful against the run, yet held him in check until Alexander tore his ACL, which helped open up holes. Not a great sign

 

The one silver lining is Chubb has big-play potential. Just needs a crease and can break tackles for a big gain

 

Big-play volatility plus TD-dependency plus a zero in the passing game isn’t a great mix

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, jimithing11 said:

 

yeah think people are forgetting just how bad this offensive line is.

 

Chubb has to do most of the work. Tampa was awful against the run, yet held him in check until Alexander tore his ACL, which helped open up holes. Not a great sign

 

The one silver lining is Chubb has big-play potential. Just needs a crease and can break tackles for a big gain

 

Big-play volatility plus TD-dependency plus a zero in the passing game isn’t a great mix

 

 

TB is top 5 in Run D -_-, they get beat on pass D 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

TB is top 5 in Run D -_-, they get beat on pass D 

I thought the same thing when I read his post. TB is strong against the run but is susceptible to passes out of the backfield. Their secondary is horrendous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, jimithing11 said:

 

yeah think people are forgetting just how bad this offensive line is.

 

 

how bad is their O-line? I thought Cleveland had a decent O-Line...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

21 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

 

Weren't they missing Gerald McCoy and another DL? 

Looks like they were missing McCoy for sure. That probably played a role.

2 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

how bad is their O-line? I thought Cleveland had a decent O-Line...

PFF has them ranked #15 so saying their line is terrible isn't exactly accurate. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Screen-Shot-2018-10-25-at-13.36.53.png

 

PFF looks like they also have given Chubb a grade of 91.2 (out of 100) so far on the season but he's considered as "unranked" for the RB position due to the small sample size. Just for reference, Saquon Barkley has a score of 79.3, Gurley is 77, Gordon is 80.3, Kamara is 74.9, and Elliott is 61.5.

 

Again, extremely small sample size but there is plenty of room for excitement. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, munde53 said:

 

Looks like they were missing McCoy for sure. That probably played a role.

PFF has them ranked #15 so saying their line is terrible isn't exactly accurate. 

 

TB had several defenders put up front. Not the same run D

 

perception says Cleveland has a very good run blocking group. That narrative is false. 

 

Im not sure what the argument is. I like Chubb. I am just saying the team/system will limit his upside. NFL is more about scheme/fit/personnel than it is talent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wish they would throw him some passes smh....i dont understand how the screen game does not exist in this offense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Power-O said:

wish they would throw him some passes smh....i dont understand how the screen game does not exist in this offense

He had a few opportunities last game maybe 2-3...someone posted a nice video after the game and the 1 was a screen that looked like it would’ve been a big gain, but BM overthrew him.  I’d be perfectly fine with 15-20 carries and 3-5 looks in the passing game. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Bob69024 said:

He had a few opportunities last game maybe 2-3...someone posted a nice video after the game and the 1 was a screen that looked like it would’ve been a big gain, but BM overthrew him.  I’d be perfectly fine with 15-20 carries and 3-5 looks in the passing game. 

lol dude that is borderline-elite type usage.  of course you'd be fine with it.  I'd be fine with that from all of my RBs

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thebadferret said:

Gotta fire him up this week, too. I'm excited. I hope they still refuse to use Duke.

 

I worry about Pitt’s run D and Cleveland being a road dog. Game flow may cap the upside

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jimithing11 said:

 

I worry about Pitt’s run D and Cleveland being a road dog. Game flow may cap the upside

 

I'm more worried about Pitt's offense. If they put that game away early we maybe don't see as much Chubb as we would like.

It's a little bit of "TD or bust" in that case, so just let's hope they stay in this game for a long time and use the run game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Right now still have Mack in over Chubb. That will change if Mack is DNP today.

 

Do think Chubb's upside is limited. The matchup is just not there this week

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Right now still have Mack in over Chubb. That will change if Mack is DNP today.

 

Do think Chubb's upside is limited. The matchup is just not there this week

Chubb has unlimited upside. His upside is actually greater than Sony Michel's. The problem is the Browns offense. That's all that would hold him back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Chubb has unlimited upside. His upside is actually greater than Sony Michel's. The problem is the Browns offense. That's all that would hold him back.

 

Sure. 

 

Chubb could break one at any time against any opponent. That said, the stats say that's less likely against this D.

 

Maybe this game proves Chubb is matchup proof. We will see. I'm betting on this not being the case. That's me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Chubb has unlimited upside. His upside is actually greater than Sony Michel's. The problem is the Browns offense. That's all that would hold him back.

 

What makes you say the upside is greater than Michels? Both have about equal speed so it can’t be the home run capability. Can’t get many more carries than Michel was. More TD opportunities for Michel. I have Chubb and I’d be happy to get on board with that statement, but I’m just not seeing it

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.