vikingapocalypse

Nick Chubb 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

tonycpsu

[Thread for previous season automatically locked. Feel free to post a new thread for 2019.]

Message added by tonycpsu

7 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

Image result for cool story bro tell it again

Lol my bad, I tend to ramble. Per my post on assist forum, I’m very nervous with playoffs almost here.

If you take away Nick Chubb's 90 yard+ rushing touchdowns, as well as his receiving touchdowns, as well as his arms and legs, he is probably only good for 9-10 fantasy points. 

Edited by n00chness
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, n00chness said:

If you take away Nick Chubb's 90 yard+ rushing touchdowns, as well as his receiving touchdowns, as well as his arms and legs, he is probably only good for 9-10 fantasy points. 

LOL> You def missed out on him. 

5 minutes ago, n00chness said:

To be fair you should also take away neck and torso, liver, lungs, kidneys, heart, and brain. Gotta make it a fair comparison for the other RBs.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jay85 said:

LOL> You def missed out on him. 

You missed the sarcasm. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, munde53 said:

You missed the sarcasm. 

haha.... Yup i did. Misread it. 

Massive game incoming this week.

I love how in Hard Knocks first episode, when they're at the airport, no one knows who the hell Nick Chubb is, yet Baker gets all the fan fare and the big contract signing scene ... yet Chubb is the one putting the team on his back now, and will be the reason they start beating division rivals this year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Massive game incoming this week.

I love how in Hard Knocks first episode, when they're at the airport, no one knows who the hell Nick Chubb is, yet Baker gets all the fan fare and the big contract signing scene ... yet Chubb is the one putting the team on his back now, and will be the reason they start beating division rivals this year.

Based on his metrics and college production Chubb should've had a crazy amount of hype coming out of college. He profiles the same as Jonathan Stewart coming out of college which everyone remembers Stewart was supposed to be a top 5 NFL running back for years to come until injuries derailed his career.

If you've ever heard Chubb speak he's very soft spoken and doesn't seem like he likes to talk. His teammates also describe him as "old school" and having been born in the wrong generation. Chubb doesn't have the flash of Baker which is why he doesn't get the hype. 

What a great matchup for him to come back to! Chubb Rock is primed and ready to:

A. Help teams make a final push for the playoffs

B. Help teams earn a first round bye 

C. Steal away what little hope other teams had at beating you weeks 14 - 16 (or 17) because he was a luxury add that put you over the top 

D. Give owners a reason to watch a Cleveland game week 13

Missed him last week. With uncertain uncertainty looming around Conner these days (don't know why but I sense it), nice to have a steamroller on hand to smooth things out. RUmble big fella rumble. Fellas....erect your Chubbs!!!!

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
  • Haha 1

About as exciting a matchup as possible for a RB. Breakout star coming off a bye against the worst rush def against the RB as it pertains to fantasy. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, THE_MAGIC_MAN said:

is he gonna put up a 40 burger?

No. But a TD would be nice. 

I’m anticipating a strong game 20+ points for sure.  Can’t wait to see the encore!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krambone said:

I’m anticipating a strong game 20+ points for sure.  Can’t wait to see the encore!

This guy is ranked within the top 10 RBs this week

My Chubb is getting really excited

• Haha 1

Definitely could use a 20+ game today. Going against Barkley, luckily have josh Adams for backup. I don’t see them shying away from him now especially in division but knowing the bengals, they get pretty nasty in game. Slightly concerned, but never taking out of line up.

23 minutes ago, ImthenewGoff said:

Definitely could use a 20+ game today. Going against Barkley, luckily have josh Adams for backup. I don’t see them shying away from him now especially in division but knowing the bengals, they get pretty nasty in game. Slightly concerned, but never taking out of line up.

Bro this isn’t 2016 anymore.  The only thing nasty about this defense is the amount of yards they give up per game. It being a division game doesn’t magically make them tackle better or run faster. They are what they are at this point 

Edited by NyMetsfan5

19 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

Bro this isn’t 2016 anymore.  The only thing nasty about this defense is the amount of yards they give up per game. It being a division game doesn’t magically make them tackle better or run faster. They are what they are at this point 

19 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

I meant in terms of playing dirty, and injury chance

20 minutes ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

I meant in terms of playing dirty and injury chance