• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
dashoe

Lamar Jackson 2018 Outlook

Ravens could cut Flacco in the  2019-20  off seasons and they save anywhere from 10-18mm in cap

2 minutes ago, Flyers_28 said:

watching the game from the side lines in 2018 

Don't forget Flacco is good for a minor injury here and there

What do you think his ADP is in a dynasty draft? He will essentially be a bench stash for 2018. I don't expect them to move on from Flacco until next season. His rushing ability alone makes him an attractive fantasy QB, regardless if his passing improves.

5 hours ago, devaster said:

What do you think his ADP is in a dynasty draft? He will essentially be a bench stash for 2018. I don't expect them to move on from Flacco until next season. His rushing ability alone makes him an attractive fantasy QB, regardless if his passing improves.

2 QB dynasty and I’m taking him at 1.04. Highest fantasy upside of any of the QBs this year. 

6 hours ago, dashoe said:

Ravens could cut Flacco in the  2019-20  off seasons and they save anywhere from 10-18mm in cap

They should really do it. He's average at best anymore. 

40 minutes ago, tootallball said:

2 QB dynasty and I’m taking him at 1.04. Highest fantasy upside of any of the QBs this year. 

Makes sense in 2 QB. But what about regular dynasty formats? I don't expect him to play at all in 2018 unless Flacco gets hurt. He needs time to develop his mechanics anyway.

I'm thinking 2nd round or 3rd round.

1 hour ago, tootallball said:

Lowest floor too.

1 minute ago, dmb3684 said:

Lowest floor too.

Not lower than Josh Allen

Just now, joshua18 said:

Not lower than Josh Allen

Well his floor is he doesn't  even play qb in the NFL. So disagree.

1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

Well his floor is he doesn't  even play qb in the NFL. So disagree.

So is Allen's. 

45 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

So is Allen's. 

Well so is everyone's I guess. I think I'm gonna quit talking  you. Best of luck.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dmb3684 said:

Well so is everyone's I guess. I think I'm gonna quit talking  you. Best of luck.

You too.

Flacco is on notice.

10 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

You too.

Flacco is on notice.

So what round are you taking him in in a dynasty draft? 1st since you traded?

13 minutes ago, devaster said:

So what round are you taking him in in a dynasty draft? 1st since you traded?

In a 1QB league, I'm taking him mid-2nd round. 

In 2QB leagues, he'd be in the 1.02-1.05 range.

7 hours ago, joshua18 said:

You too.

Flacco is on notice.

It would not surprise me at all if Jackson starts all 16. I think they are so fed up with Flacco that he may even get released. If they keep him they are on the hook for big $$.

Posted (edited)
On 4/28/2018 at 1:51 PM, dashoe said:

Thats's fast :o

Jackson is so full of crap. Won't run at combine. Won't run at pro day.  Just mentions how fast he runs if he had, but passed on chances to do so. 

https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/louisville/2017/03/09/lamar-jackson-runs-40-yard-dash/98930194/

Anyone who watched a Louisville game last year saw that Heisman Trophy winner Lamar Jackson was clearly one of the fastest players in college football. Now, Jackson has a super-fast 40-yard dash time to drive home the message, according to numbers announced by U of L on Twitter during their annual spring testing week. The junior quarterback ran a 4.34-second 40 on Wednesday, slower only than junior cornerback Jaire Alexander (4.32), who is an All-America candidate in his own right. Jackson's 40 time is .08 faster than he ran last year during the testing week. Alexander's time is .01 better than last year.

Considering Alexander ran a 4.43 and then 4.38 at the combine, I have a hard time believing Jackson.  Another interesting thing is that he came out of high school running 4.77.  Usually high school times are inflated a bit.  Let's just say his was accurate.  That would have put him 5th at QB out of high school. 

Quarterback Top 40 Times of 2018

1. Quinton Flowers (South Florida), 4.63
  2. J.T. Barrett (Ohio State), 4.70
  3. Josh Allen (Wyoming), 4.75
  4. Danny Etling (LSU), 4.76
  5. Logan Woodside (Toledo), 4.79

Now, with a little college he gets faster, but now, his forty time would make him the 4th fastest player out of everyone tested at any position.  He would be tied for 15th fastest if you combined the last 5 combine results at any position.   He would be the fastest QB going back to 2006 (using NFL.com site and that is where it stops, and I think that is a pretty fair sample size.)  I read that RG3 time was the 2nd fastest for a QB behind McNeal, which would mean that Jackson is claiming the fastest 40 time for a QB ever at the combine. **If someone has a source for top 40's ever, they can verify if this is true.  It is accurate since 2006.**

QB Top 40 times since 2006 (might be all time at QB)

Lamar Jackson - 4.34

Reggie McNeal - 4.35 (2006)

RG3 - 4.41 (2012)

Marcus Vick - 4.42 (2006)

Brad Smith - 4.46 (2006)

T. Taylor - 4.51 (2011)

M. Mariota - 4.52 (2015)

C. Kaepernick - 4.53 (2011)

J. Brown - 4.54 (2010)

T. Knight - 4.54 (2017)

N. Marshall - 4.54 (2015)

(Two things, #1 Michael Vick didn't run at the combine.  4.33 at his pro day, though some say 4.25.  #2 2006 seemed to have a fast track OR they just were that fast.  3 of the 4 top times coming the same year is a bit of an anomaly)

When asked about his speed and not running, he told everyone to watch tape. I've watched tape.  He isn't that fast. He doesn't blow past people.  He is faster than the linemen and backers, but he doesn't run away from the guys in the secondary, he gets run down.  The use of deception in setting up his runs aids him.  He is quick, shifty, makes people miss, abuses bad tackles, and does a great job setting up blockers while running.

Let me be clear: I think he is a decent prospect.  I was pretty neutral about him coming out of college.  Very good to great college player, not sure it will translate to NFL.  I honestly never worried about his 40 time, because he looked fast enough playing.  It kept coming up though, he kept bragging, and he kept avoiding it, which didn't make a lot of sense.  A lot of the combine is fluff, but everyone pretty much cooperates and does it. Barkley didn't have to run, he would have still gotten drafted, but he ran anyway. As much as Jackson bragged about his running and how it set him apart from other QBs, it made it stand out more that he didn't run.  If he had run, and it wasn't as fast as he claimed, then he could fall back on game speed. "I play faster than that the time suggests" or, who hasn't heard the, "he plays fast in pads".  He could have used either of those.  Or, he could have been as fast as he claimed.

Now, after the draft he says he would have ran the fastest QB time ever, and he claims when he did it he did it WITH TURF TOE?  Please.

Reminds of the guy who talks crap watching a pickup game, and then someone tells the guy to come play.  That person declines and pulls the, "I don't want to embarrass you guys card".  Come on dude, put up or shut up.

One last point.  As much as I hated the pick for the Lions (especially coming off that injury), go watch some Jahvid Best highlights from college.  Best ran a 4.35 at the combine. He ran a 10.16 in the 100 trying to qualify for the Olympics.  He runs by EVERYONE on the football field in college.  Jackson is trying to tell me his tape is faster?

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 1

I hope it's obvious why he didn't run the 40...many teams tried to shoehorn him into WR drills. 

Acting like you don't know how fast someone is without their 40 time when they've put out 3+ yrs of game film = the definition of laziness. 

I would have liked to know his official 40 time. Would be interesting for Madden alone.

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

I hope it's obvious why he didn't run the 40...many teams tried to shoehorn him into WR drills. 

Acting like you don't know how fast someone is without their 40 time when they've put out 3+ yrs of game film = the definition of laziness. 

What a convenient BS excuse.  He gotten taken in the first as a QB.  You think someone would have taken him higher in the first as WR because of a fast 40 time and no WR drills?

Again, why do you defend him on this?  He doesn't run, then claims he was faster than everyone?  It is a self serving excuse using the WR talk as a defense. 

Do you think he is faster than Best, based on his "game film"?

Edited by Sternes

2 hours ago, Sternes said:

What a convenient BS excuse.  He gotten taken in the first as a QB.  You think someone would have taken him higher in the first as WR because of a fast 40 time and no WR drills?

Again, why do you defend him on this?  He doesn't run, then claims he was faster than everyone?  It is a self serving excuse using the WR talk as a defense. 

Do you think he is faster than Best, based on his "game film"?

Frankly, I don't care. Game speed is all I care about.

He's a faster, stronger Vick who is a better pocket QB than he ever was. 

12 hours ago, joshua18 said:

latest?cb=20151005121554

Heard an interesting stat this morning. The only 1st round QB to not start a game in this decade was EJ Manuel. Manuel was also a part of the worst QB class in this decade and the only 1st round QB that year.

Mahomes didn't really "start" any games either though. He got a start because the Chiefs were resting players. Probably some other 1st rounders this decade that only started a meaningless game or two at the end of a season as well.

But it does give hope to those that draft Lamar Jackson for a return this season. He could have some value this season as a fantasy playoff stash sleeper. I don't think he unseats Flacco this season. All the coaching brought in is to groom a Vick/Kaepernick type of QB though. Cutting Flacco next season still leaves the team with $16mil in dead cap.

12 hours ago, joshua18 said:

High praise to say he is a better athlete than Vick. And also a better thrower than Vick. Vick had a rocket arm and looked good when he had protection and a good QB coach in Reid. Vick was never developed properly in Atlanta. And you have to wonder if Lamar Jackson will be since a lot of the coaching staff brought in is the same as Vick had. Some of the coaching staff was with Kaepernick, who regressed as a passer after his first couple seasons of starting.