dashoe

Lamar Jackson 2018 Outlook

8 minutes ago, MurderInc said:

Not really. They both have very favorable matchups this week. I like Lamar just slighty better with Flacco inactive. It's a coin toss. Are you in the same boat, or do you like Baker better?

I don't want to turn this into AC but I am in the same boat..it's a must win. Baker has such a safe floor imo but Lamar upside is enormous. Lamar is ranked higher in most rankings if that helps you. 

4 minutes ago, kball09 said:

Injury serious? Anyone see it live?

I dropped him regardless. Flacco basically healthy at this point. 

Lamar won 3 in a row and did a great job against the best team in the AFC. He almost beat the Chiefs on the road. This Ravens team isn't build to win with Flacco airing it out. They have to rely on their defense and specal teams, who are among the best and played very well against the most explosive offense in the league. With Flacco they are a bad rushing team and average passing team at best. With Lamar they are the best rushing offense in the league. Harbaugh coaching for his job and I expect Lamar remaining the starter if he's healthy. In fact, running a similar offense with RGIII would be the better choice for the Ravens than going back to Flacco. He had a nice stretch during their Superbowl run, but has been average to below average ever since and won't lead them to the playoffs.

I agree. This team is built to win with Lamar/RG3, not Flacco. I can see the Ravens going back to Flacco, but it will just be delaying the inevitable. 

• Haha 1

Not sure what to make of Lamar's prospects this week to be honest. 

I feel Flacco being active could be very bad news this week.  

Harbaugh needs to be fired if he switches back to Flacco. Joe's time is over. There is no reason for Lamar to even be sharing any snaps with Flacco. Even if they sneak into the playoffs Baltimore isn't winning anything this season. So they should be focused on developing their young talent.

Worst part is that Harbaugh is on record today saying Joe's too good to sit. So if he's available to play Lamar will be ceding snaps to Flacco...

my fear is Flacco comes in on 3rd and long or 3rd and goal situations.

Lamar runs the running plays / play action 

He looks sketchy out there. I don’t like his long term outlook. He isn’t ever going to be a QB who can run. He is always going to be a running QB.

Just now, Krambone said:

He looks sketchy out there. I don’t like his long term outlook. He isn’t ever going to be a QB who can run. He is always going to be a running QB.

easy there - kid has like 4 career starts so far

If Flacco is active, I won't be starting Lamar.  I simply, don't know what Harbaugh is capable of.  Regular season, fine.  Playoffs, eff that.  Can't risk starting a part time QB.

Edited by Goatstain3
  • Like 1

No matter how you slice it Lamar has been a pleasant surprise this year. His future is looking much brighter at the end of his rookie year than I thought it would. 

It seems tenuous and yes he has looked sketchy at times, but he's a deep green rookie playing QB - sketchiness goes with the territory. 

This could be Vick II - possibly even better.

BAL has an interesting off-season ahead trying to figure out what to do here.

• Like 1

I dropped him for Josh Allen. I think the possibility he could lose significant playing time to Flacco is enough reason to keep him on your bench.

• Haha 1

Now that it's confirmed, I'm rolling out Lamar this weekend. Matchup is mouthwatering. Breakout coming this weekend folks. Hop on while you still can. Championship here we come.

Edited by Deadpool

He almost beat the best QB in the league at Arrowhead. No way he could be benched. People are insane. He had a better QBR than Mahomes.

Edited by AJJones

1 minute ago, AJJones said:

Haha he almost beat the best QB in the league at Arrowhead. No way he could be benched. People are insane. He had a better QBR than Mahomes.

He didn't almost beat the Chiefs, the Ravens almost did.  If you think Jackson had a better game than Mahomes based on QBR, that just proves QBR is a garbage stat.  

Jackson probably gives them a better chance to win than Flacco.  Currently they are both below average quarterbacks though in real life.  

I dont think this changes our fear theyll use Flacco this game though, wasnt Jackson always going to be assumed the starter this week with Joe mixing in for whatever the hell Harbaugh wants

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AJJones said:

He almost beat the best QB in the league at Arrowhead. No way he could be benched. People are insane. He had a better QBR than Mahomes.

Its almost like Mahomes and Jackson faced entirely different defenses.

I dropped him for Baker who has a much safer floor.

3 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Its almost like Mahomes and Jackson faced entirely different defenses.

I dropped him for Baker who has a much safer floor.

KC's defense is a lot better at home so not sure what point you're trying to make here.

8 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

I dont think this changes our fear theyll use Flacco this game though, wasnt Jackson always going to be assumed the starter this week with Joe mixing in for whatever the hell Harbaugh wants

This isn't college football. Flacco is not going to split work with Lamar. Harbaugh is not an idiot.

4 minutes ago, Deadpool said:

This isn't college football. Flacco is not going to split work with Lamar. Harbaugh is not an idiot.

See you say that, but why don't I believe you?

I would not be shocked in the least if both QBs play this weekend, which is why I'm going with Rivers instead for this week, and cutting Jackson for Allen in preparation for next week.

Does anyone here feel comfortable starting Jackson against the Chargers next week?

1 minute ago, CamNewton said:

See you say that, but why don't I believe you?

I would not be shocked in the least if both QBs play this weekend, which is why I'm going with Rivers instead for this week, and cutting Jackson for Allen in preparation for next week.

Does anyone here feel comfortable starting Jackson against the Chargers next week?

When's the last time you saw a team in the NFL employ multiple QB's in a game not due to injury for more than just gadget plays? The answer is you don't.

Lamar is the future here. Not Flacco. They need to see what they have here.