dashoe

Lamar Jackson 2018 Outlook

13 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

on the road, vs the first tough defense he's had to face ...

... hard pass.  

all true but chargers best 2 players on D are pass rushers so think their "tough D" status is more so for passing QB's

2 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

all true but chargers best 2 players on D are pass rushers so think their "tough D" status is more so for passing QB's

hey, compared to the tomato can defenses Jackson has seen thus far the '18 Bolts are a hybrid of the '85 Bears/'00 Ravens ... plus the Bolts are arguably playing the best foosball in the entire leeg atm, with key components slated to teturn this week.   

yeah, Flacco will be in before halftime.  

sayonara. 

• Haha 3

18 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

hey, compared to the tomato can defenses Jackson has seen thus far the '18 Bolts are a hybrid of the '85 Bears/'00 Ravens ... plus the Bolts are arguably playing the best foosball in the entire leeg atm, with key components slated to teturn this week.   

sayonara. 

=more yardage with his legs and that occassional big play downfield, his floor should be fine

19 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

sayonara. 

Lamar won't get benched in a national television game unless he is playing so horrifically bad that everyone wants him pulled for his sake. 

The Ravens will give the Chargers a good game, I am hoping for a nice game here, we could see a little bit of everything from Lamar.  Charger's home field is no where close as hard to play as Arrowhead which Lamar played fine in. 

• Like 1

Yea, Lamar is not getting benched unless hurt or regresses badly. Flacco is finished. In fact, I am pretty sure Lamar has earned at least one total throw away game at this point.

Edited by AJJones

5 minutes ago, AJJones said:

Yea, Lamar is not getting benched unless hurt or regresses badly. Flacco is finished. In fact, I am pretty sure Lamar has earned at least one total throw away game at this point.

"total throw away game"??!? with the friggin' playoffs on the line for Harbags?  yeah, don't think so ... the stakes are a muchmuchmuchhigher now - if you think this kid stays in once they're down a couple/few scores out there, well ... i got a nice bridge to sell ya - CHRISTMAS MARKDOWN!!1!11!1

that being said - gl to you folks, though - brass ones to start this kid in this sitch for these stakes.  

have a good one.  

50 minutes ago, AJJones said:

I dont think he gets benched at this point.

We survived the Flacco active game where Lamar had the Ravens losing to the Bucs with 0 TD 1 TO at one point.   Harbaugh likes this new offense.  Run Run Run.   I don't think anyone on the Ravens wants to be forced to turn back to Joe and with a national TV spot to showcase his talents, I am hoping Lamar shows up BIG.  

Edited by Zak0221

Where are you guys targeting him in next year's draft? I'm super high on Jackson, I'm thinking around 10th round (12-team league).

I play dynasty, I'll be selling all my shares. People are excited and I've seen everything i need to in order to imo i need someone else. Hoping Haskins declares. 

30 minutes ago, JoeSports said:

Would you play Jackson over Goff this week? Goff may have more upside but Jackson seems to have a safer floor.

I probably wouldn't. But depends on your line up. If you need safe points go with Lamar. He'll probably get you 15 points. 

2 hours ago, potatoetree said:

I probably wouldn't. But depends on your line up. If you need safe points go with Lamar. He'll probably get you 15 points. 

The rest of my line-up is pretty safe

WR: Hopkins, Edelman

RB: Kamara, Mixon

TE: Ebron

Flex: Lindsay

DST: Tennessee

K: Lutz

24 minutes ago, JoeSports said:

The rest of my line-up is pretty safe

WR: Hopkins, Edelman

RB: Kamara, Mixon

TE: Ebron

Flex: Lindsay

DST: Tennessee

K: Lutz

My xmas wish came true 

6 hours ago, JoeSports said:

Would you play Jackson over Goff this week? Goff may have more upside but Jackson seems to have a safer floor.

This game could be ugly for Lamar.  There is always a range of outcomes, but we'll see what he does against a good NFL pass rushing team today.

7 hours ago, JoeSports said:

Actually I think I would. I could see Lamar having a decent game if he runs the ball well. I know the Chargers are good against the pass but they have not seen an offense like the Ravens. Not saying they are high powered but you rarely see this style of play anymore so a lot of teams aren't equipped to do so.

Will be very interesting to see the speed vs. power matchup. Chargers defense is all speed but they lack size. Ravens offense is more north south to me not east west.

Only way Lamar really gets in trouble is if the Chargers score early and often. If he has to become a drop back QB he will not do well. Chargers need to be super aggressive.

Edited by wolverine_irl

44 minutes ago, jaynice said:

I’m sitting Jackson for Allen 

hoping for the best 

Did the same. Need some Allen rushing stats

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, whatthef said:

Decent game for Lamar, could of had more but most of us started him for his safe floor.

I've started him all his starts. I'm disappointed for his lack of ceiling games but happy for what we got from him. Still believe in his huge upside next year.

• Like 1