dashoe

Lamar Jackson 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

My prediction based on nothing is if you grab this guy now, you'll be one week (maybe 2 weeks) ahead of the waiver mob whos gonna salivate all over him

Added

What am I missing here? 

My prediction based on nothing is if you grab this guy now, you'll be one week (maybe 2 weeks) ahead of the waiver mob whos gonna salivate all over him

Added

Man I agree, in my 2 QB league I picked him up this morning, and just going to stash him. There are several paths for him to get starts late in the season, none of which are too far fetched. 

1) Flacco Injury

2) Flacco Sucking

3) Ravens out of playoffs (least likely)

I wouldn't recommend picking him in short bench 1 QB league, but in 2 QB'ers he could be a huge asset. This guy would run his way into being at the very least a decent start.

4 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Added

What makes you think he will replace flacoo anytime soon?

Just now, FantasyGuru24 said:

I already listed my sources

I said based on nothing

1 minute ago, FantasyGuru24 said:

Also how desperate can one be to stash a Ravens backup QB? Running back disaster and some pretty below average receiving corps. Are people aasuming his rushing may make him relevant? 

4 minutes ago, phisouza33 said:

How much longer do we have to watch flaco? Is his contract running out any time soon? 

yes they could save $10.5 million in cap space by cutting him after this season.

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Also how desperate can one be to stash a Ravens backup QB? Running back disaster and some pretty below average receiving corps. Are people aasuming his rushing may make him relevant? 

RG3 only threw for 3200 yards and 20 tds his rookie year and was the qb1 overall.

If this guy gets only one start, he's worth stashing over Raheem Mostert

At the very least it felt good to pull the trigger on him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

his rushing would absolutely make him relevant, we're talking Mike Vick level rushing ability. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ravens fan here.  There is no chance, zero, that LJ gets any more snaps than he already has unless Flacco gets hurt, and even then, RG3 gets first dibs on the job.  Flacco has actually been decent this year until the Carolina game.  Decent in a real sense, not a fantasy sense.  Harbs is fighting for his job, no way he rolls a rookie out there with his future on the line.  Dynasty league?  Sure, go for it.  Redraft?  Ain't happening.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rather B. Winning said:

Ravens fan here.  There is no chance, zero, that LJ gets any more snaps than he already has unless Flacco gets hurt, and even then, RG3 gets first dibs on the job.  Flacco has actually been decent this year until the Carolina game.  Decent in a real sense, not a fantasy sense.  Harbs is fighting for his job, no way he rolls a rookie out there with his future on the line.  Dynasty league?  Sure, go for it.  Redraft?  Ain't happening.  

LJ number 2 on official depth chart, and I could definitely see him getting a look if Flacco loses the next 2 games and plays as poorly as he did last game.

3 hours ago, Rather B. Winning said:

You being a Ravens fan doesn't make your analysis valid...

Flacco with a 56.8 qb rating in his last game

Lamar Jacksons for the year is 106.2

10 hours ago, pushaZ said:

You being a Ravens fan doesn't make your analysis valid...

Flacco with a 56.8 qb rating in his last game

Lamar Jacksons for the year is 106.2

Maybe not, just trying give the local buzz.  Take it for what it's worth.

By the way, you do realize the 106 passer rating is based on 11 career pass attempts?

• Like 2

He thinks Jackson would take league by storm which is quite funny, isnt it? 

Flacco is elite when u compare him to Jackson. Thinking Ravens would have better chance with Jackson is like saying Browns have legitimate shot at winning SB this year..totally clueless.

Ravens beat Steelers, go to the bye and then with the cupcake schedule they need to make postseason. The division is terrible this year. Only chance of seeing Jackson starting? When they are eliminated..otherwise no chance with season on the line the next couple of weeks

2 hours ago, Rather B. Winning said:

By the way, you do realize the 106 passer rating is based on 11 career pass attempts?

That's pretty good for a backup qb

2 hours ago, Rather B. Winning said:

We call this - 'the Derrick Henry argument'.

• Haha 1

That's pretty good for a backup qb

The sample size is minuscule and he's running a gimmick package... you can't infer anything from a passer rating based on 11 attempts. Get with the program.

• Like 2

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Ravens haven't ruled out a midseason coaching change.

The Ravens are acutely aware that they haven't made the postseason since 2014 and could be prompted to shuffle the deck if things don't improve quickly. While it's still unlikely Baltimore would make an in-season coaching change, John Harbaugh's seat has never been hotter. That may seem like hyperbole, especially given the success Harbaugh has had throughout his Baltimore tenure, though Rapoport cautions that the coach is indeed entering a "win-or-else situation." A loss to Pittsburgh on Sunday would give Ravens brass a lot to think about during the bye week.

Just now, BronXBombers51 said:

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, the Ravens haven't ruled out a midseason coaching change.

The Ravens are acutely aware that they haven't made the postseason since 2014 and could be prompted to shuffle the deck if things don't improve quickly. While it's still unlikely Baltimore would make an in-season coaching change, John Harbaugh's seat has never been hotter. That may seem like hyperbole, especially given the success Harbaugh has had throughout his Baltimore tenure, though Rapoport cautions that the coach is indeed entering a "win-or-else situation." A loss to Pittsburgh on Sunday would give Ravens brass a lot to think about during the bye week.

Given this...if Flacco and the Ravens are getting their doors blown off by Pittsburgh today, is there a chance Harbaugh turns to Jackson in a desperation move? 

Harbaugh wont turn to Jackson. Also, highly unlikely Ravens will make a midseason change even if they lose to Steelers. That's my take.

Another loss and Harbaugh in hot seat.  Do we see this kid in another week or so if they keep losing ?

Yeah, I might have been wrong on this in an earlier post.  There are rumblings of Harbs getting s-canned during the bye which I didn't see coming at all.  If he does, I guess all bets are off on Jackson v Flacco for the rest of the year.  Even if LJ gets the gig though, he still has a suspect and beat up O Line and questionable weapons.  But who knows, guys have done more with less.

49 minutes ago, Rather B. Winning said:

Yeah, I might have been wrong on this in an earlier post.  There are rumblings of Harbs getting s-canned during the bye which I didn't see coming at all.  If he does, I guess all bets are off on Jackson v Flacco for the rest of the year.  Even if LJ gets the gig though, he still has a suspect and beat up O Line and questionable weapons.  But who knows, guys have done more with less.

Where would Lamar rank in 2QB leagues if we is given the reigns?  Would we rank him higher than like Mayfield / Rosen rookie types or would he be near Mariota and Bortles?