Geaux Saints

Royce Freeman 2018 Outlook

3 hours ago, dicka24 said:

Can this kid catch passes, or is he more of a runner/2 down back?   I've seen some runs and he looks impressive, but I haven't seen if he has the ability to both play passing downs as a receiving threat, and also play them as a competent blocker for protection.  Can he do it all?

yes he can

• Like 1

4 hours ago, whoopsie said:

Is it noteworthy that The Broncos are going to play Freeman in the last pre-season game?

He is a rookie and not the starting RB so of course he should play alot in pre season. The hype on him is off  the charts right now. I think we all like him over Booker but Booker is starting. I have Freeman in a few leagues and just hope he gets half the work right away.

Very similar to Jordan Howard in both skill-set and rookie situation. Booker also very similar to Jeremy Langford...they both suck. Will he get 250 carries and 5 YPC? Wouldn't bank on it but it's absolutely possible. League winner if he's anywhere close to it.

• Like 1

I drafted him in the late 5th, which is probably a steal. But have a hard time trusting a rookie RB that will start the year behind Booker. Traded him and Kelvin Benjamin for Lamar Miller (drafted end of 3rd) and not looking back.

1 minute ago, TonyRomo said:

I drafted him in the late 5th, which is probably a steal. But have a hard time trusting a rookie RB that will start the year behind Booker. Traded him and Kelvin Benjamin for Lamar Miller (drafted end of 3rd) and not looking back.

Lol bro have fun sucking forever

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, TonyRomo said:

This means nothing outside of coach speak. They will split carries, and when Booker continually runs into his line his share of carries will continue to dwindle

9 minutes ago, TonyRomo said:

Trading potential excellence for certain mediocrity is usually not a recommend strategy in fantasy.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Trading potential excellence for certain mediocrity is usually not a recommend strategy in fantasy.

New year. Deshaun Watson is back. Miller shed some weight and has no competition. I just don't put that much stock into rookie RBs. Everyone has a different ranking system. We'll see how it plays out.

10 minutes ago, Chardo said:

Certain mediocrity is what brings home championships, in many cases.  Potential is the key word here.  I'd take Lamar Miller over Royce....all...day....long in drafts. 

It wasn't a bad trade. None of us know how well Royce will do. He could fall on his face. Hit the rookie wall. Get injured. He might not be a very good starting RB. A lot of rookie RBs are being overhyped this season hoping they are the next Zeke, Gurley, Kamara, or Hunt. In the same way we have been spoiled with some elite rookie WRs in recent years I think people are falling into a trap of sorts when it comes to rookie RBs and expecting instant top production. I am in no way saying Royce won't be good, but there is the rookie unknown with him.

Miller is in line for a lot of volume this season and has no competition. In an offense that was elite last season with Watson starting.

27 minutes ago, TonyRomo said:

I don’t even know if I would do it straight up. It’s VERY close. Miller is a safer choice but Freeman has upside. Then you decided to throw in the only WR the Bills have. 

I wouldnt say you got flat out fleeced but you did basically give him a 9th-10th round pick for free.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I don’t even know if I would do it straight up. It’s VERY close. Miller is a safer choice but Freeman has upside. Then you decided to throw in the only WR the Bills have. 

I wouldnt say you got flat out fleeced but you did basically give him a 9th-10th round pick for free.

My starting WRs are Hopkins and Mike Evans. I play in standard 12 team league and like to play a RB as a flex. Lockett and John Brown are my back ups. If the guy wanted Royce Freeman, he would've drafted him in round 3 & 4. Trading before the season starts, I think people look for round value. I traded my 5th & 10th for his 3rd.

2 minutes ago, TonyRomo said:

My starting WRs are Hopkins and Mike Evans. I play in standard 12 team league and like to play a RB as a flex. Lockett and John Brown are my back ups. If the guy wanted Royce Freeman, he would've drafted him in round 3 & 4. Trading before the season starts, I think people look for round value. I traded my 5th & 10th for his 3rd.

No you didn’t. You traded Freeman and Benjamin for Miller.

Just now, Gohawks said:

No you didn’t. You traded Freeman and Benjamin for Miller.

I must really like Miller then ;)

2 minutes ago, lenny123 said:

Thoughts on playing him week 1 or waiting to see what his actual usage will be

I think we’ll be rolling him out as at least a flex in most leagues against Seattle

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lenny123 said:

Its a pretty solid matchup. Should be a close game and I expect Freeman to get a goaline TD.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, lenny123 said:

You play him unless you have 3 better starting RBs. He is at the very least the co-starter. Maybe Booker takes a larger share of touches early in the season, but Booker will eventually be phased out if that is the case. Or Royce dominates the touches from the start.

I actually like Lamar Miller but imo, in order to win fantasy football you have to take chances on guys like Freeman in the 3rd-4th round.

I'm expecting 2013 Knowshon Moreno type numbers.

35 minutes ago, n4sa said:

I actually like Lamar Miller but imo, in order to win fantasy football you have to take chances on guys like Freeman in the 3rd-4th round.

He could be a good pick ... however Case Keenum isn’t Peyton Manning 

52 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Because there are a lot of similarities?  Lol

come on admit it— u just pulled out the name of a random bronco rb :D

2 hours ago, TonyRomo said:

New year. Deshaun Watson is back. Miller shed some weight and has no competition. I just don't put that much stock into rookie RBs. Everyone has a different ranking system. We'll see how it plays out.

Forgot Houston has one of the worst offensive lines in the league. The arrow is pointing down on Houston this year even though everyone is gaga over Watson.

40 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Because there are a lot of similarities?  Lol

come on admit it— u just pulled out the name of a random bronco rb :D

I just think that's similar to what his stats will be. 240+ rushes 1k+ yards and about 10 touchdowns. I don't think it's even questionable who the GL back is. Can he push everyone else aside early enough to get enough touches is the real question.

I also think he gets 30-50 catches in the backfield. 

Basically a much better CJ Anderson.

Edited by n4sa
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Those quotes from Vance Joseph are really worrisome. Have ourselves another Hue Jackson on our hands. Some head-scratching coaching decisions.