Geaux Saints

Royce Freeman 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, n4sa said:

I just think that's similar to what his stats will be. 240+ rushes 1k+ yards and about 10 touchdowns. I don't think it's even questionable who the GL back is. Can he push everyone else aside early enough to get enough touches is the real question.

I also think he gets 30-50 catches in the backfield. 

Basically a much better CJ Anderson.

I hope you’re right-   Because CJA was very good when he was healthy.   

1 minute ago, devaster said:

Those quotes from Vance Joseph are really worrisome. Have ourselves another Hue Jackson on our hands. Some head-scratching coaching decisions.

I just hope he doesn’t do something stupid like cutting Deangelo Henderson or Lindsay- who have shown real promise-  to keep Booker or Lynch.  

Freeman is a beast. His rushing style is built for the NFL.

Speed, power, and deceptively elusive too.

I don't have any shares (he got sniped a pick before me) but he won't let you guys down. Draft with confidence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

Freeman is a beast. His rushing style is built for the NFL.

Speed, power, and deceptively elusive too.

I don't have any shares (he got sniped a pick before me) but he won't let you guys down. Draft with confidence. 

Good enough for me :)

• Haha 1

I like the way Royce is shaped. Tough like Derrick Henry but round and stout like a balancing egg. Feel like if he hits you he can bounce off and cut rather than having to carry a whole pile through him.

Strong, thick neck and sturdy thighs. Head shape fits perfectly in a helmet. Built tough to last through the cold winter weather. Bounces at you time and time again, just grinding out those yards.

He wobbles but he won't fall down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

I hope you’re right-   Because CJA was very good when he was healthy.   

I just hope he doesn’t do something stupid like cutting Deangelo Henderson or Lindsay- who have shown real promise-  to keep Booker or Lynch.  

Im pretty sure thats Elway's call and Henderson will be the one who's cut.

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

1515115404155.gif

I'm weak in the knees from laughter after reading the quote and watching your gif simultaneously.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Head shape fits perfectly in a helmet

I'm like you,

I just can't stand them buckethead players

Brandon Weeden makes me wanna' puke

8 minutes ago, wendellrott said:

I'm like you,

I just can't stand them buckethead players

Brandon Weeden makes me wanna' puke

Nothing like Peyton Manning

ap_broncos_football_78331166.jpg?w=1000&

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, n4sa said:

I'm weak in the knees from laughter after reading the quote and watching your gif simultaneously.

Might be the most appropriate gif ever used on this forum. So good.  That right next to the McMahon-josh Gordon one from a year or two ago. 

I showed my wife who knows nothing about anything and even she laughed. Well done! 

3 hours ago, pushaZ said:

I like the way Royce is shaped. Tough like Derrick Henry but round and stout like a balancing egg. Feel like if he hits you he can bounce off and cut rather than having to carry a whole pile through him.

Strong, thick neck and sturdy thighs. Head shape fits perfectly in a helmet. Built tough to last through the cold winter weather. Bounces at you time and time again, just grinding out those yards.

This does sound like something John Madden would say on Thanksgiving when describing the gobbler LMAO

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pushaZ said:

Freeman.JPG?width=300

He doesn't have a neck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We’re in some weird territory in our assessment of this guy.

I’m having Eddy Lacy flashbacks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://247sports.com/nfl/denver-broncos/Article/Royce-Freeman-mishandled-by-Broncos-scheduled-to-play-in-preseason-finale-121105873/

Has Devontae Booker sewn up the starting running back gig?

In an indication that Booker remains the RB1, at least temporarily, Denver Broncos head coach Vance Joseph said superior rookie Royce Freeman is slated to go in Thursday's preseason finale against the Arizona Cardinals.

Joseph declined to say whether Booker would be active.

“Right now, we’ve got Freeman scheduled to play," he announced. "He’s had a good preseason. He’s run the ball tough, he’s practiced well and he’s run downhill. We’ll see if he plays and how much he plays.”

12 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Not going to overreact here...they could just be giving him more experience but it is a little odd to roll him out there if they plan on him being the guy week 1 <_<

What a stupid move.  Honestly.  Freeman is going to run circles around Booker, anyone with two brain cells to rub together could see this.  So even if this coaching staff is too stupid to realize that, they HAVE to know Freeman is going to play a big role in the offense regardless.  They also HAVE to know that nearly ALL rookies hit a wall late in the season.  WTF is the rational of giving your potential starting RB carries in a meaningless 4th preseason game?  This has to be one of the dumbest ideas I've heard of.  To me, this ranks up there with the Chargers playing hardball with Joey Bosa on contract wording and making him hold out.  Then trying to turn the fan base against him and make him look like a bad guy when no other first round picks were having to deal with "off-set language" or "technicalities" in their contracts.  For the record, I am not a Chargers fan, or Ohio State fan, or Broncos fan. If i were I would be calling for heads (not that it would matter).  Also for the record I am targeting Freeman in my drafts this coming weekend.  I think this dude is the real deal. Here's hoping that he doesn't get injured in this stupid, meaningless preseason game.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Just chill out he might not even play at all

Give us Deangelo Henderson this week!!

Boatloads of it.  

Then cut some dead weight:

C Henderson 

Lynch

Booker

mckenzie

Let royce, Deangelo, and Lindsay lead the backfield.  

But... Elway and VJ will do none of this.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Gohawks said:

Freeman.JPG?width=300

He doesn't have a neck.

Needs to work out with this guy to improve that

spikes_takeo.jpg?w=640

1449.png&w=350&h=254

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Give us Deangelo Henderson this week!!

Boatloads of it.  

Then cut some dead weight:

C Henderson 

Lynch

Booker

mckenzie

Let royce, Deangelo, and Lindsay lead the backfield.  

But... Elway and VJ will do none of this.  

Carlos probably going to PS

50 minutes ago, bam327 said:

What a stupid move.  Honestly.  Freeman is going to run circles around Booker, anyone with two brain cells to rub together could see this.  So even if this coaching staff is too stupid to realize that, they HAVE to know Freeman is going to play a big role in the offense regardless.  They also HAVE to know that nearly ALL rookies hit a wall late in the season.  WTF is the rational of giving your potential starting RB carries in a meaningless 4th preseason game?  This has to be one of the dumbest ideas I've heard of.  To me, this ranks up there with the Chargers playing hardball with Joey Bosa on contract wording and making him hold out.  Then trying to turn the fan base against him and make him look like a bad guy when no other first round picks were having to deal with "off-set language" or "technicalities" in their contracts.  For the record, I am not a Chargers fan, or Ohio State fan, or Broncos fan. If i were I would be calling for heads (not that it would matter).  Also for the record I am targeting Freeman in my drafts this coming weekend.  I think this dude is the real deal. Here's hoping that he doesn't get injured in this stupid, meaningless preseason game.

Couldn't have said it better myself. You'd think Vance Joseph would try to do things right with his job on the line. They can't fire this guy quick enough in my opinion. Last season was an embarrassment.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, bam327 said:

Is gonna be like one drive most likely, probably just to keep his thick neck fresh and to show the vets proper helmet usage

• Haha 2