Geaux Saints

Royce Freeman 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, DiddleThatKitty said:

Does anyone else feel like Royce is gonna be a top back this year? He is the only player I own in every league I’m in.

The pass game and pass pro will be his biggest weakness for that. And the Broncos have to be good for that to happen too. But if they're able to control games with the defense, I think Royce has a good chance of getting a good carry volume and a good YPC. 

1 hour ago, DiddleThatKitty said:

Does anyone else feel like Royce is gonna be a top back this year? He is the only player I own in every league I’m in.

Yahoo reviews your draft and gives you a grade. They graded me C+ and one negative comment was me taking RFreeman for my first RB in round four. Apparently they think a rookie is not worthy of such faith although nothing is said when Barkley was picked number 7. Unless I’m mistaken, he is a rookie too. 

Why i took RF over guys like  Miller,  Henry and Drake is basically my gut and the feeling I have that he will be the man in Denver. I hope I can get the last laugh at Yahoo on this one. I too did feel a bit concerned not having selected a RB until round 4, but that is the way things played out for me.

• Like 1

Possible RB1 numbers if coach plays him the way he should.  Best chance of rookies to produce close to Hunt 17 numbers.

15 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Yahoo reviews your draft and gives you a grade. They graded me C+ and one negative comment was me taking RFreeman for my first RB in round four. Apparently they think a rookie is not worthy of such faith although nothing is said when Barkley was picked number 7. Unless I’m mistaken, he is a rookie too. 

Why i took RF over guys like  Miller,  Henry and Drake is basically my gut and the feeling I have that he will be the man in Denver. I hope I can get the last laugh at Yahoo on this one. I too did feel a bit concerned not having selected a RB until round 4, but that is the way things played out for me.

LOL Draft grades are worthless, always will be. What else is worthless is IBM Watson's new fantasy analysis on ESPN. If that's the best that AI can do maybe we shouldn't be so worried about the robot revolution in 10 years...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Serious question: 

in standard (and maybe ppr too) what is the difference between R Freeman and Alf? On offense, very similar situations. Denver has a better D but best guestimate, their passing production should be similar, similar RBBC issues. 

I’d prefer Freeman due to youth and workhorse potential but I’m not sure how many rounds behind him Alf is. Fairly similar 

35 minutes ago, mjb said:

Possible RB1 numbers if coach plays him the way he should.  Best chance of rookies to produce close to Hunt 17 numbers.

Barkley? ?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, mjb said:

He has roughly equal chance of being Hunt or being Mixon. 

5 minutes ago, Chardo said:

He has roughly equal chance of being Hunt or being Mixon. 

How does this guy look or play like Mixon? He's a bowling ball and Mixon is a salsa dancer.

Just now, pushaZ said:

How does this guy look or play like Mixon? He's a bowling ball and Mixon is a salsa dancer.

I mean rookie with high expectations that disappoints. 

1 minute ago, Chardo said:

Then you are just making lazy comparisons

2 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

I think he meant in terms of success

1 minute ago, Chardo said:

A rookie that people expect to take over the job as well. Eerily similar situation to Mixon. Booker may be bad but Hill isn’t great either.

Just now, pushaZ said:

Then you are just making lazy comparisons

It’s not a lazy comparison.

Both should have started

Both had roughly 3rd round value

Both were on questionable offenses

Both had to compete with a less talented RB

Looking like that RB seemingly won’t go away for both

Both expected to become more and more valuable as the season goes on

6 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

A rookie that people expect to take over the job as well. Eerily similar situation to Mixon. Booker may be bad but Hill isn’t great either.

Mixon's problem was that he didn't get touchdowns, and that he had a low YPC. It wasn't Jeremy Hill.

Hill was out of the way by week 4.

Hill has also been a 1000 yard rusher before, and provided a power option to Mixon's footwork. Royce is the power option here, and has the footwork too. And hes scored 3 TDs in 3 games to go along with 60 TDs in college. Thats basically a guaranteed TD for 4 years running.

Royce has a better o-line and a better GM, I'll give you not a better coach but Vance looks.... controlled from what I've seen. I don't think Vance is calling this play.

Mixon had 3.9 YPC his rookie preseason, 0TDs Royce has 5.8 YPC 3 TDs. Royce has a game built for the NFL level. Mixon doesn't. Jeremy Hill> Devontae Booker in probably every way. If Devontae Booker got cut I don't think too many teams would want to claim him. Hill is now a Belichick guy.

Like I said, lazy comparison.

Edit: to add that Royce has been named the starter, that didn't happen to Mixon until week 4.

Edited by pushaZ
  • Like 1

What are you guys seeing royce go for in auctions? Hoping a few guys are sleeping on today's news. 

1 minute ago, mmcc1029 said:

What are you guys seeing royce go for in auctions? Hoping a few guys are sleeping on today's news. 

Haven't done auctions in awhile but if I did my strategy would be to select the name brand rbs, see how people spend their money, then try to squeeze this guy in after a dude that just gets overpaid for. If you're with your friends make a big joke beforehand about something unrelated.

Then bid as much as you have to.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

I got him for 14 in my league but that's mostly because everyone else blew their loads on the top 10 rbs and other areas early on. I ended up saving money and was able to get him cheap. I would have spent more if i got bidded up. This was last week btw. 

38 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

I paid $18 of my $240 in an auction keeper yesterday. I was expecting him to go for a bit more. I'm happy. 

With news of the startin role, you can still get 17-1 odds on him to win ROY if you don’t want to go with Barkley or Darnold. Not bad.

The question for fantasy will be whether or not of course he becomes a bell cow. Still not seeing it happen at least for the first 1/3 of the season.

16 hours ago, DiddleThatKitty said:

Nah... I dont see how he is much different from JHoward, AlfMorris, APeterson, DHenry two down backs who will most likely come out in two min drills and passing downs. 

You could argue he might be a more talented runner than the ones I mentioned, but I dont think so. 

Also, I just dont trust Keenum will be able to make Broncos O anything special. 

His ceiling is low rb 1, imho.