Geaux Saints

Royce Freeman 2018 Outlook

Anyone think he's worth the 3.03 or 27th overall pick in a 12 teamer? He's no way getting back to me at 4.10. Think R. Freeman's ADP is skyrocketing in the last drafts the next two days.

In round 3, if I'm looking for my RB2, it will most likely be between Howard, Mixon, Royce, or A. Collins.

37 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Anyone think he's worth the 3.03 or 27th overall pick in a 12 teamer? He's no way getting back to me at 4.10. Think R. Freeman's ADP is skyrocketing in the last drafts the next two days.

In round 3, if I'm looking for my RB2, it will most likely be between Howard, Mixon, Royce, or A. Collins.

That seems awfully high for Royce. I would prefer all of those guys over Royce in the third round. It’s possible he could still be available at 4.10. 

4 minutes ago, DiddleThatKitty said:

Royce is better than all of those guys. Excited about Denver’s O this year.

Thats like saying you are excited about Keenum.... hard to get excited over Keenum. 

28 minutes ago, DiddleThatKitty said:

as a royce owner  i would take howard or mixon over him in a heartbeat. still I am excited to see if he gets some momentum going. 

48 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

That seems awfully high for Royce. I would prefer all of those guys over Royce in the third round. It’s possible he could still be available at 4.10. 

Zero chance hes available at 4.10

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, DiddleThatKitty said:

No way is Royce better than Howard or Mixon. That is just silly talk. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

No way is Royce better than Howard or Mixon. That is just silly talk. 

He’s in a better offense and situation than Mixon at a cheaper price

1 hour ago, kyoun1e said:

There may be better picks at 27 but you take the guy you want at the stage where you know he's not coming back.

Matthew Berry had him at 26 and that's before he was officially listed the starter.

15 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

He’s in a better offense and situation than Mixon at a cheaper price

I would argue that.

I think Bengals bounce back this year, and Keenum goes back to what he was before last year. But it remains to be seen. 

Either way I think Mixon and Freeman could both have great years.

2 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Howard > Collins > Royce > Mixon

YMMV

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

Zero chance hes available at 4.10

I got Freeman 58 overall 10 days ago.

mmmmmwwwwahahahahahaha

I said on the McKinnon thread don’t chase him, there are good RB2’s available later - specifically Freeman.

I avoided Mixon because I consider him high risk, but I like Howard, Collins, Freeman.  Take whoever falls...

Anyone who has ever watched Booker knew he wasn’t the guy...

1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

I like Royce over Mixon & Collins for sure - prefer Howard over Royce

18 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

I got Freeman 58 overall 10 days ago.

mmmmmwwwwahahahahahaha

I said on the McKinnon thread don’t chase him, there are good RB2’s available later - specifically Freeman.

I avoided Mixon because I consider him high risk, but I like Howard, Collins, Freeman.  Take whoever falls...

Anyone who has ever watched Booker knew he wasn’t the guy...

Last week in my 10 team league I got him at pick 39. 

Yeah, by drafting this weekend, RF’s stock shot up big time. I got him in the 30s as well. I’m sure he would not have been available in my next pick at 49.

8 minutes ago, rasto21585 said:

Last week in my 10 team league I got him at pick 39. 

CBS’s average draft position for Freeman is 35.

I’m in the value camp, if no one falls (of the guys mentioned) I’d go with Ingram who is 55th.

The only guy I reached for was Penny after taking Carson later in the draft.  But, I felt it was necessary given the circumstances...

There’s not a huge difference between these guys, they all should be solid RB2s. 

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/draft/averages/both/h2h/all?&start_row=31

6 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Yeah, by drafting this weekend, RF’s stock shot up big time. I got him in the 30s as well. I’m sure he would not have been available in my next pick at 49.

You’re correct.  One of them should fall to the 4th, but if you have a strong preference you might have to reach in the 3rd.  Drake is also going in there somewhere, he’s intriguing.  I’m avoiding Ajayi though...

Freeman is suddenly the guy to own, that flip makes me nervous from a value perspective.  C.J. Anderson was no slouch, but struggled to get 1000 yards.  The o-line is better, the offense is better, but is it better than Chicago?  Is Freeman a better receiver?  That’s the only one I’m confident is a yes.

I think Freeman reward his owners...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Probably been said numerous times in this thread, but man does this feel like Kareem Hunt 2.0 or what

Haven't done much research on Freeman (but I have him in a lot of leagues)... He's as good as Hunt in receiving?

Also does Freeman LOOK for Contact and try to destroy his defender, the way Hunt does?

4 minutes ago, next big thing cp84 said:

Probably been said numerous times in this thread, but man does this feel like Kareem Hunt 2.0 or what

Hopefully without the touchdown drought 

5 minutes ago, ponza88 said:

Haven't done much research on Freeman (but I have him in a lot of leagues)... He's as good as Hunt in receiving?

Also does Freeman LOOK for Contact and try to destroy his defender, the way Hunt does?

Was a good receiver at Oregon, not great though.

And yes he does look for contact, had over 800 yards after contact in 2017. Add that to this tweet, very similar 

2 hours ago, lolcopter said:

3 hours ago, seanismorris said:

You’re correct.  One of them should fall to the 4th, but if you have a strong preference you might have to reach in the 3rd.  Drake is also going in there somewhere, he’s intriguing.  I’m avoiding Ajayi though...

Freeman is suddenly the guy to own, that flip makes me nervous from a value perspective.  C.J. Anderson was no slouch, but struggled to get 1000 yards.  The o-line is better, the offense is better, but is it better than Chicago?  Is Freeman a better receiver?  That’s the only one I’m confident is a yes.

I think Freeman reward his owners...

Since he was my first RB taken in the draft (two WR and one TE)  in round 4 (33), I sure hope he performs as well as Hunt, who was taken in round 2, I believe at 14.