Geaux Saints

Royce Freeman 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

I have pick #32 and #41 in a 12 teamer tonight.  Redraft.  We figure some RBs from the Collins/Drake/Miller/Freeman group will be on the board at 32, but not likely at 41.   I drafted Hunt last year and he was a beast.  The Hunt 2.0 talk on this kid has me considering him at #32 now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

I have pick #32 and #41 in a 12 teamer tonight.  Redraft.  We figure some RBs from the Collins/Drake/Miller/Freeman group will be on the board at 32, but not likely at 41.   I drafted Hunt last year and he was a beast.  The Hunt 2.0 talk on this kid has me considering him at #32 now.

Absolutely.  I love landing 2 from that group u mentioned.  Add Henry and Ajayi to it, btw. 

 

If you can get 2 from that group, plus one stud rb and a stud wr up top-  you’re sitting pretty.  A ton of good wr talent for your second slot left. 

Edited by Impreza178
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

I have pick #32 and #41 in a 12 teamer tonight.  Redraft.  We figure some RBs from the Collins/Drake/Miller/Freeman group will be on the board at 32, but not likely at 41.   I drafted Hunt last year and he was a beast.  The Hunt 2.0 talk on this kid has me considering him at #32 now.

 

I agree, Freeman won’t be there at 41. In fact, that whole list may not make it to 41.  I say Drake is the last to go of that group, Henry included.  Not Ajayi In my opinion though......I don’t feel him that much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked #3 overall in a 12 team league. Grabbed Zeke first and then RBs went flying off the board. Hated reaching for either Freeman or Collins late 2nd, but then grabbed Freeman at 3.03.

 

Feels reachy. Then again, he looks good in my lineup. And love the matchup against the SEA D.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got him in 4th the other day, love it... Ready for this train to roll 

Edited by Savatage79

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Picked #3 overall in a 12 team league. Grabbed Zeke first and then RBs went flying off the board. Hated reaching for either Freeman or Collins late 2nd, but then grabbed Freeman at 3.03.

 

Feels reachy. Then again, he looks good in my lineup. And love the matchup against the SEA D.

 

Reachy is a relative term. If you wanted him, that’s where you needed to take him b/c he certainly wasn’t coming back around. Very similar to my league, RB heavy, so sometimes you have to make this type of move if you really believe in a player. I would have done the same. 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

 

I agree, Freeman won’t be there at 41. In fact, that whole list may not make it to 41.  I say Drake is the last to go of that group, Henry included.  Not Ajayi In my opinion though......I don’t feel him that much. 

 

FWIW, I took him at pick 35 last night after going zero RB first 2 rounds.  

 

Drake went 2 picks before, Ajayi and Henry went the next 2 picks after.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

 

Reachy is a relative term. If you wanted him, that’s where you needed to take him b/c he certainly wasn’t coming back around. Very similar to my league, RB heavy, so sometimes you have to make this type of move if you really believe in a player. I would have done the same. 

 

 

 

Yes.  And you have to do a lot of reaching for players when you are drafting on the ends.  I had the 7th pick in a draft last week, and felt like a genius as I just waited for Value picks to fall in my lap.  Picked at #11 last night and felt like I was reaching for players all night, but if you don't, they never make it back around to you. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a bit surprised but in a good way. Watching the Broncos camp all summer I was convinced Rolls Royce was being drafted way to high. I mean he was really bad at pass pro. I will admit I haven’t been  to a practice in over 2 weeks. But VJ has come out and said he likes what he has done in pass pro. And he is a lock for the 1st and 2nd down reps plus goal line work. With an improving o line and some ok depth on that line I am backtracking and saying Freeman is a good option for rb 2 with some good upside. I guess he must have really turned a corner in pass pro. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Absolutely.  I love landing 2 from that group u mentioned.  Add Henry and Ajayi to it, btw. 

 

If you can get 2 from that group, plus one stud rb and a stud wr up top-  you’re sitting pretty.  A ton of good wr talent for your second slot left. 

 

20 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

 

I agree, Freeman won’t be there at 41. In fact, that whole list may not make it to 41.  I say Drake is the last to go of that group, Henry included.  Not Ajayi In my opinion though......I don’t feel him that much. 

We ended up with Lamar Miller at pick #32 (or 3.08).   Only he and Collins were on the board.  I like Collins more, but my buddy preferred Miller and I was ok with him too so Miller it was.  It went

 

Mixon #24

Drake #25

Freeman #28

Miller #32

Collins #36

Henry #42

Ajayi #46

 

12 team redraft btw.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got him at 48 and McCoy at 53 in a 10 teams standard. I'm relatively happy with this. Kamara is my number one rb. I have Kamara in both leagues, as well as McCoy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2018 at 9:23 AM, SpartanEric said:

 

Yes.  And you have to do a lot of reaching for players when you are drafting on the ends.  I had the 7th pick in a draft last week, and felt like a genius as I just waited for Value picks to fall in my lap.  Picked at #11 last night and felt like I was reaching for players all night, but if you don't, they never make it back around to you. 

 

 

This.

 

Haha yeah, at 7 you feel like you're stealing on every pick. You get that excitement in anticipation that the top guy in your queue will be there watching the last few picks before yours peeling off and even if that top guy was taken, you have like 3 or 4 more you're genuinely ecstatic to get as a consolation prize. Then if by chance one of your top queues makes it back on your next pick, shazaam! *Tyrone Biggums voice

 

At 11 your 1st 2 picks feel like practical robbery, then you feel like you're reaching 30 picks too early for everyone you pick til like round 7/8 at earliest lol.

Edited by Lt. Frank Drebin
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dlionsfan901 said:

I ended up getting Freeman at pick 48 of a PPR 12 man league.  Should I feel ecstatic? Are you guys starting him? 

got him at 53 in a 12 team standard from the 7th spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, cdd10 said:

got him at 53 in a 12 team standard from the 7th spot. 

 

Should we jump up and down? Is he last year’s Kareem Hunt? I just don’t know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dlionsfan901 said:

 

Should we jump up and down? Is he last year’s Kareem Hunt? I just don’t know.

hope and pray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does he have good hands? I don't watch much college football, from what I have read he's not someone whose likely to get many receptions. Is that because he isn't a great receiver, or because most think Denver will stick with Booker on passing downs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really paid up for him. I drew #1 overall in the only 2 redrafts I play--both 14 teamers...Went Gurley in both and selected Freeman in both on the 2/3 turn--very much aggressive but the way RBs were flying maybe not. I think he's gonna rush for a lot of yards, but gonna need him to stay on the field for 3 downs and catch some passes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dorsett33 said:

Any week 1 predictions at home vs Seattle?  

19 carries 83 yards 1 reception 6 yards and a TD.

Edited by Zekepeak86

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2018 at 9:07 AM, rasto21585 said:

Last week in my 10 team league I got him at pick 39. 

Lol....pick 39 for me as well in a 14 team league. Had a chance at Ajayi but chose Freeman over him.....a little worrisome watching Ajayi score two TD's on Thursday. Hopefully the upside on Freeman pays off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/7/2018 at 9:45 AM, ST. STEVEN said:

I really paid up for him. I drew #1 overall in the only 2 redrafts I play--both 14 teamers...Went Gurley in both and selected Freeman in both on the 2/3 turn--very much aggressive but the way RBs were flying maybe not. I think he's gonna rush for a lot of yards, but gonna need him to stay on the field for 3 downs and catch some passes.

A lot of yards and a lot of touchdowns.

 

All this obnoxious detraction about he's "unproven"... Literally he has proven himself at every possible chance he has received. 3tds in 3 preseason games, a TD every game for 4 years in college. All time leading rusher for the ducks. Perfect situation with Broncos who need a bruiser. Elway high on him.

 

ADPs are out the window week 1 and Royce will jump into first round value by then, at that point the "reach" is going to look painfully obvious. Kudos to you for being smart

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

A lot of yards and a lot of touchdowns.

 

All this obnoxious detraction about he's "unproven"... Literally he has proven himself at every possible chance he has received. 3tds in 3 preseason games, a TD every game for 4 years in college. All time leading rusher for the ducks. Perfect situation with Broncos who need a bruiser. Elway high on him.

 

ADPs are out the window week 1 and Royce will jump into first round value by then, at that point the "reach" is going to look painfully obvious. Kudos to you for being smart

Elway was high on Paxton Lynch too lol :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.