Fuzzy_Slippers

4/29 - GAME DAY THREAD

After a brutal start, Longoria is continuing to show signs of life with a HR in the first today. He came into Sunday at .333/.370/.667 over his last 15 games.

He was actually waived in my 14 teamer last week.

1 minute ago, High&Inside said:

he stayed on the bench  and didnt go to the locker room for treatment. He"s just being Cespedes.

Off day tomorrow and he probably has a tee time. Can't mess with the golf game.

Hopefully!!!!

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

The promised analysis of Weaver's start... he sucks. ;)

Seriously though, he was good through 5, with much better control than in his last start.  The umpire was horrible, costing him a handful of pitches here and there, but then obviously everything turned to crap in the 6th.

All in all, obviously an improvement over his last two starts, but I'm have no idea what I'm doing with him at this point.

Starting to get really annoyed with this guy. I checked his stats thru 4 and looked like he was cruising, then next thing I know he has given up 4 runs. Did his stuff look good? 

Is it crazy steals day today? Got 5 steals on one team, only Cain being a proper base stealer (Cesp, Abreu, bruce).

1 minute ago, RedRaider27 said:

Starting to get really annoyed with this guy. I checked his stats thru 4 and looked like he was cruising, then next thing I know he has given up 4 runs. Did his stuff look good? 

His changeup was fairly useless today from what I remember, but his other two pitches looked fine.  It was the typical teen-per inning pitch count that keeps him from going deep into games because he likes to nibble, but I really thought he was pitching fine overall until the 6th.  I don't remember much of the 6th inning because I was getting pretty frustrated.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

His changeup was fairly useless today from what I remember, but his other two pitches looked fine.  It was the typical teen-per inning pitch count that keeps him from going deep into games because he likes to nibble, but I really thought he was pitching fine overall until the 6th.  I don't remember much of the 6th inning because I was getting pretty frustrated.

It's too bad. Guy is talented but just beats around the bush too much. Go at these guys and get them out. He has the stuff to do it. Always seems to find trouble and things go real bad.

Surprised not to hear a single mention of Caleb Smith. Dude has straight dealt his last couple start and has legit swing and miss stuff. 

1 minute ago, RedRaider27 said:

It's too bad. Guy is talented but just beats around the bush too much. Go at these guys and get them out. He has the stuff to do it. Always seems to find trouble and things go real bad.

Pretty much.  He still obviously can go on rolls and have great start after great start like he had last season, and he very well still may do that at some point, but I'm still puzzled what I am going to do with him.  Obviously I'm not cutting him, but the trading block is not out of the question.

One thing that really puzzles me though is why the Cards don't do anything about the nibbling.  I do remember hearing during a broadcast this season that Matheny knows that he likes to nibble because of his good command, but why don't he and/or the pitching coach get him to stop it I don't know.

1 hour ago, AnonymousRob said:

Brutal back to back blunders. At least CF has an excuse of inexperience (weak excuse, but a legitimate one). Semien dropping the popup was simply inexcusable. Brutal. 

The A's defense, and Semien in particular have been absolutely brutal defensively for the past few years

Semien has no business at all playing SS. Probably doesn't belong anywhere on the infield. Worst hands in baseball.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, treat88 said:

Surprised not to hear a single mention of Caleb Smith. Dude has straight dealt his last couple start and has legit swing and miss stuff. 

Curious about him. He had 2 other games where the command was horrible

1 hour ago, treat88 said:

20 minutes ago, pbjfb said:

Curious about him. He had 2 other games where the command was horrible

Lots of chatter about him in his thread. Credit to @taobball he's been talking about him for a few weeks now. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nygiantsfan913 said:

anyone know what happened to bellinger?

Sounding like he was benched for not hustling and settling for a double when he had an easy triple

Benched Skaggs so the Yankees will be shut out.

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Benched Skaggs so the Yankees will be shut out.

While the Yankees are a powerhouse - I feel like they have enough K potential to actually stream against on occasion.  I think Skaggs gets a solid 4 early tonight

Angel Hernandez continually amazes me by his ability to remain employed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Angel Hernandez continually amazes me by his ability to remain employed.

I worked at a golf course 14 years ago that he played at, he was just as much a dick off the diamond to us as he was on the diamond.  Guy has issues.

• Thanks 3

Angel has missed so many ball/strike calls, I honestly don’t even know what to say

• Like 2

Talk about nerve racking!!! Leading in fantasy 414 - 412.334   My opponent has Stanton and Sanchez who both came up in the 9th inning.  Even though I'm a huge Yankee fan I'm glad they didn't get any hits.  Although I have Hicks and he just doubled.  Also have CC so I'm hoping for a W but its still a 2-1 game so I could easily lose the W.  After the double I'm up 416 - 412.334  PHEW!

Edited by MrBrown