the_dying_dream

Kerryon Johnson 2018 Outlook

Is Stafford the type of QB to throw on all three downs at the goalline just to pad his stats? Or do we think Patricia will tell him straight up nobody cares about your stats you’re not making any top QB lists without a playoff win.

19 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Is Stafford the type of QB to throw on all three downs at the goalline just to pad his stats? Or do we think Patricia will tell him straight up nobody cares about your stats you’re not making any top QB lists without a playoff win.

I feel bad for stafford, he's had some bad games but the guy can play, and he hasn't been at the best organization that's for sure.everytime I watch him I'm amazed at some of the throws he makes, good for him for not being scared to take risks too.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, sSektor said:

Difficult to say because Stafford has had to work with an endless parade of scrubs (Abdullah, Zenner, Washington, Joique) for the better half of a decade. The Lions’ last 1000 yard rusher was Reggie Bush in 2013, and no Lions RB has 10 rushing TDs since Stafford entered the league.  Stafford doesn’t strike me as the kind of player who’s been throwing TDs at the goal line to pad his stats, he’s just spent most of his career in a system that lacked a reliable ground game.

Edited by eg4190
  • Like 1

On 4/29/2018 at 8:48 PM, Rolling Thunder said:

I should have mentioned Penny along with Barkley and Jones.  Those three look like the best rookie bets in PPR IMO.

This hasn’t aged well.  Barkley was a free space.

1 hour ago, eg4190 said:

Difficult to say because Stafford has had to work with an endless parade of scrubs (Abdullah, Zenner, Washington, Joique) for the better half of a decade. The Lions’ last 1000 yard rusher was Reggie Bush in 2013, and no Lions RB has 10 rushing TDs since Stafford entered the league.  Stafford doesn’t strike me as the kind of player who’s been throwing TDs at the goal line to pad his stats, he’s just spent most of his career in a system that lacked a reliable ground game.

I thought Jahvid Best looked good. Too bad for the injuries but yeah i agree, they just arent used to a good RB :lol:

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, sSektor said:

You’re the epitome of ignorance if that’s actually your thought process. What quarterback would actually think that way, Stafford or not? Annual bottom 5 running game, annual bottom 10 defense, and getting sacked 35+ times a year are just a few things that prevent playoff wins. Tim Tebow won a playoff game. Is he better than Stafford? 

Anyway, back to kerryon. No TJ Lang this week isn’t great, but as long as the lions keep losing, it’s obvious the kid needs the ball more. Blount has been largely inefficient since week 1, and I expect the workload to continue to shift in Kerryon’s favor. I expect 15 carries this game as long as Rodgers doesn’t shred the lions defense in the first half. Home game, the Lions will be eager to establish the run early. Kerryon should return mid tier RB2 numbers this week. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Motown_Magic said:

You’re the epitome of ignorance if that’s actually your thought process. What quarterback would actually think that way, Stafford or not? Annual bottom 5 running game, annual bottom 10 defense, and getting sacked 35+ times a year are just a few things that prevent playoff wins. Tim Tebow won a playoff game. Is he better than Stafford? 

Anyway, back to kerryon. No TJ Lang this week isn’t great, but as long as the lions keep losing, it’s obvious the kid needs the ball more. Blount has been largely inefficient since week 1, and I expect the workload to continue to shift in Kerryon’s favor. I expect 15 carries this game as long as Rodgers doesn’t shred the lions defense in the first half. Home game, the Lions will be eager to establish the run early. Kerryon should return mid tier RB2 numbers this week. 

Was mostly joking because I assume he wants to win at this point in his career more than anything. But the Stat Padford moniker is alive and well and a lot of people feel he is an overpaid, mediocre QB. He's just a slightly better Andy Dalton up to this point and has yet to show much more. Maybe this is the year he finally does.

22 hours ago, AlwaysAYearEarly said:

This hasn’t aged well.  Barkley was a free space.

Did....you just read through this entire thread and then quote a guy from all he way back in APRIL to point out that he was wrong about a prediction? Why?

Kerryon has looked really good when I've seen him play. At it seems to be with 85% of the rest of the teams in the league it comes down to whether or not he's going to get touches. Given his HC is a Belichick disciple AND he's outright said he was happy with Kerryon getting a (relatively) low number of touches I'm not too hopeful for him to get the volume I think he deserves. Maybe Patricia will come around at some point. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

When Lion's played Pats they seemed to go to run game early and often seemingly to keep Brady off the field and prevent him from getting in a groove (and seemed to work). Any chance they employ a similar gameplan against Arod even with his WRs all banged up?

Give the dude the damn ball. Their offense is much more dynamic with him as the lead back. Every time Blount gets a carry I see 2 yards and feel mild vomit in my mouth.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, pushaZ said:

You know who hates this guy

Is Matthew Berry

Must start in every format.

Hes been great with opportunity. Pls just 15 touches at least per game

Just now, sSektor said:

Blount getting gimme goalline carries is infuriating.

And he will be here all year. Injuries aside, it's looking like were waiting for 19 for the KJ party. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jay85 said:

How bad is the injury? 

Haven't heard any news yet although it didn't look too terrible.  He got his ankle taped and was looking like he was warming up to come back in but didn't make it.

Hopefully just a minor ankle sprain but with how tight lipped Fat Matt is... not sure we'll get much of an update and we'll probably have to determine the severity from the practice reports.

Edit: Just saw a beat report where Johnson said he could have come back in.  So looks like Lions were just being cautious.

"Yeah, I think I could have (played, if needed)," Johnson said. "If I can walk, I can run, so that's just the mind-set I've always tried to play with. If I needed to, I think I could have."

https://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2018/10/kerryon_johnson_seems_ok_after.html

Edited by Gabbed
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Tax77 said:

And he will be here all year. Injuries aside, it's looking like were waiting for 19 for the KJ party. 

Quite an assumption to believe that a guy regularly getting 12 for 22 will "be here all year"...

I don't even think Carlos Hyde owners would believe that

Can we start a crowdfunding page to pay Blount to walk away? Or maybe pay the coaching staff to get a clue? 

Seriously though, it won't happen but in any other normally coached organization they'd use the bye week to realize they have to make some changes and ride KJ the rest of the season. 

• Haha 1

Best case scenario barring injury, Blount is going to get his carries in garbage time plus goal line work. I do not see him going away based on coach philosophy. 

• Like 2

I guess we need to hope they get more first and goal from the 5 or 6 yard line to give it to KJ and less plays from the 1 yard line.  Better yet can we get a random drug test on Blount? He is definitely puffing on the ganja with how fat and slow he looks. 

When are they gonna feature him?? Its so upsetting watching slow Blount taking the goal line carries. 

Should I trade him away? Everyone in my league knows about his potential, I'm just sick of the situation.

11 minutes ago, em33 said:

When are they gonna feature him?? Its so upsetting watching slow Blount taking the goal line carries. 

Should I trade him away? Everyone in my league knows about his potential, I'm just sick of the situation.

If you're in my league you can trade him to me. I have a nice pennies on the dollar offer for you. It's competitive with what others will probably offer you for a RB with upside but no guarantees.

You drafted him, you knew he's a rookie, this is part of drafting a rookie.

With the news of Ajayi tearing his ACL...the Lions need to trade Blount to Philly.  Make it happen, Detroit!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ludawg23 said:

With the news of Ajayi tearing his ACL...the Lions need to trade Blount to Philly.  Make it happen, Detroit!

That would be wonderful!