the_dying_dream

Kerryon Johnson 2018 Outlook

8 minutes ago, eg4190 said:

The Lions didn't have a 100 yard rusher for *years* regardless of opponent and now Kerryon has done it twice in four games while in a timeshare.  If they phase Blount out, which is still a big if, he could easily put up RB1 numbers in the back half of the season.

I believe even Kerryon admitted he needs to be in a RBBC...not powerful enough after contact to get goalline and short-yardage. I won him and would love to own a RB1 ( Fournette, Howard, etc...)

1 minute ago, ludawg23 said:

The guy is averaging 6.4 YPC - that is pretty special regardless of who you are playing.

The Lions have been very one dimensional on offense for too many years to count - while they have a stud trio of WRs, having a one sided offense won't get you far.

They have invested a ton in the O-line and of course with the Kerryon draft pick.  With Patricia on board, he has been insisting that Cooter become more balanced on offense and you are seeing that.  Solid O-line and a passing offense that doesn't allow the defense to stack boxes, he will have favorably match-ups.

Blount will be here - there is no changing that so his upside is capped from a TD perspective but he was drafted in hopes that he would be a strong RB2 which is what we are seeing. 

Agreed...RB2 for sure just not RB1 or even low RB1 due to no goalline carries ( I know he got some and failed miserably )

I think Kerryon is good but also the recent schedule dictated them running more. I think it may be more difficult to establish the run against some of these teams the ROS. Five of their remaining fantasy games are against Top 10 defenses against the run. Their schedule up until Week 14 is against Top 15 run defenses. Kerryon in the playoffs may be good though as they round out the last two weeks against the Cards and Bills.

Seattle - 14th

Minnesota - 8th

Chicago - 3rd

Charlotte - 5th

Chicago - 3rd

LA Rams - 13th

The Minnesota, Chicago, and Charlotte games may prove to be very difficult to run.

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

From one game against a team that could not stop the run?

No. Watched him in college, preseason, and entire regular season. 

Soon, Kerryon is gonna turn these long runs into long TD's.

6 hours ago, cousinal111 said:

Lot of people were claiming Kerryon to be a league winner. Sure is shaping up that way. He could be a Top 20 pick in 2019.

Stud!

I like him in the future, but his situation is still a little iffy for me. Not sure about how the carries will be split going forward, and as long as Blount is around he's going to steal those goal line carries. I think after last weeks performance, this is the PERFECT time to sell high Kerryon.

Edited by Wize1

Wish I had him on my team.  Lions o-line is starting to click and looking great.  Kerryon looks like a young stud in the making.  This offense with it's multitude of options is borderline-matchup-proof if that's what you're worried about.

13 minutes ago, Wize1 said:

I like him in the future, but his situation is still a little iffy for me. Not sure about how the carries will be split going forward, and as long as Blount is around he's going to steal those goal line carries. I think after last weeks performance, this is the PERFECT time to sell high Kerryon.

Trying to sell in my Detroit-based league...Nobody is buying with Blount there to soak up all the TD's

6 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

From one game against a team that could not stop the run?

he's been doing it all year, not just one game

5 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

Agreed...RB2 for sure just not RB1 or even low RB1 due to no goalline carries ( I know he got some and failed miserably )

pretty sure he absolutely plowed over someone in DAL for his rushing TD a few weeks ago.  so he certainly can do short yardage if given the role

Theo Riddick (knee) remained sidelined at Wednesday's practice.

Riddick hasn't seen the field since Week 5. If he misses another game Sunday, it will open up passing-down reps for lead back Kerryon Johnson.
Edited by cnewbykkn

4 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Theo Riddick (knee) remained sidelined at Wednesday's practice.

Riddick hasn't seen the field since Week 5. If he misses another game Sunday, it will open up passing-down reps for lead back Kerryon Johnson.

Nice...I need RB1 numbers this week from Carryon in a tough matchup

8 minutes ago, Panthor said:

pretty sure he absolutely plowed over someone in DAL for his rushing TD a few weeks ago.  so he certainly can do short yardage if given the role

He will need to do that against Seattle as he won't make it to the edge with their defensive speed

[Cool Stories / Assistant Coach discussions removed.  Completed trades go here.  "Was thinking of offering X for Y" goes here.]

I don’t know why , it just hit me , Blount got hurt , it just realize it was a dream. Smh ??‍♂️ I need to stop playing fantasy football 

On 10/24/2018 at 3:09 PM, Wize1 said:

he still seems under the radar wth how well he is performing. I'm buying not selling. 

Week 13 looks tough but...

week 14 arizona

week 15 buffalo

looks tasty...

Edited by bhawks489

On 10/24/2018 at 3:25 PM, Panthor said:

@Dr. Whom  If we are thinking he will continue to get stuffed on 3rd and short and goal-line carries... Think again. Blount obviously is more than capable, and fantasy football aside, this is how you preserve a guy for 16 games... Kerryon will get opportunities though, and it would be unwise to write him off. Dude can truck. 

Edited by Motown_Magic
  • Like 1

I'm just starting to get the positive feeling that by season end he will be a weekly RB1, getting the majority of the redzone looks and working in regularly on passing downs. Patricia keeps saying KJ's workload is good where it is, yet it continues to grow (aided by Riddick's injury). He also was used in the redzone alot last week and got the first crack at the goalline TD last week before Blount went in untouched. I dunno, just wouldn't want to sell high on the guy yet.

Also, I think we might be happy he was eased in to the workhorse role instead of given it immediately, he will be fresher for the home stretch of the season.

Kerryon is definitely capable of punching it in from the goal-line.  The coaches want to spread the touches around to keep everyone fresh, especially the rookie.  With Blount being a good short-yardage guy, it makes sense for that to be the division of labor.  Plus Blount is a Patricia guy and I'm sure keeping the vet happy is playing a factor, too. 

This is not a sell-high situation, he is absolutely legit.  Just don't expect him to become a workhorse.  Mid-low RB2 ROS is reasonable, with the potential for big games.

3 hours ago, JJ1223 said:

Plus Blount is a Patricia guy and I'm sure keeping the vet happy is playing a factor, too. 

Post is spot on especially this.  Plus I'm sure most of us remember what happened with Blount in Pittsburgh...  He's a very competitive guy and wants to contribute and is vocal/emotional about it when he doesn't get any run.  He's been effective in his role so far this season so there's no sense for the Lions to run Kerryon into the ground.

2 hours ago, ShowStopper said:

So who is firing him up this weekend? Hoping for another big game. 

I am thanks to bye weeks.  At this point he seems to have a very reliable floor.  Week 1 aside he's scored double digit points every single week (PPR).  Not to mention it's a decent match up so I might have flexed him anyway.

Edited by Gabbed
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

Schedule gets rough but this is perfect usage as long as Theo's injury lingers

But I thought AA would stroll in and take over all the passing work.