the_dying_dream

Kerryon Johnson 2018 Outlook

I benched him but happy to see that performance.  Hope that ankle is OK.

Besides the TDs, the best part of this game was that he was never game scripted out.  The clear #1 RB as a runner who will get volume but had 6 receptions which is big.

Might not be the best matchup this week, and with Marvin Jones out, the focus could be on stopping the run, but this is a week that looks like Kerryon could be getting plenty of touches and usage. Firing him up for my Flex

Dude literally DOUBLED his ceiling last week, right Dr Whom??

With Jones out Riddick is even more of a WR in this game. KJ will continue to see a few targets and be a strong flex play.

• Like 1

Any news on our boy? Went down on his knee pretty hard in the 3rd, and wondering if there is any news?

3 minutes ago, csv2209 said:

Any news on our boy? Went down on his knee pretty hard in the 3rd, and wondering if there is any news?

He’s on my dynasty team with Guice and Kupp.

Brace for impact.

• Sad 1

I saw a post saying it’s likely a PCL injury, I’ll try and find it.  No surgery required, but looking at multiple weeks. With any luck he could POSSIBLY be back for the fantasy playoffs, but that might be a long shot.

Feel bad for him, he was looking really good against a very stout defense before the injury.  I wish KJ a speedy recovery!

For those that benched him .. If news comes out before MNF, you can drop and get a player on bye (Elijah.. Gost.. NE D)

Only 5 games left for the Lions after this Thanksgiving, could be looking at him shutdown due to a lost season for the Lions if the Bears get the W on Thursday. 

But the Lions won. Therefore they could deceive themselves into playing him when back

Helped me out today...really sucks for those of us in the playoff picture with an already weak RB corps.  Hopefully the kids okay and can just take Turkey day off.

Hoping for the best, as he’s been an awesome Flex Player.  Sucks he has such a quick turnaround with a game on Thursday...

29 minutes ago, Bigfische said:

Sprained knee, no surgery, week to week per Schefter.

Yeah. If we apply the timeframe that is usually associated with this injury, we are probably looking at 2-4 weeks.  Assuming he comes back, hopefully the Lions go back to his usage the past two weeks instead of babying him in what is a lost season at this point.

No need to rush the young stud back into what is already a lost year. Regardless, should be a 3rd-4th rounder next year with room for upside. Just get him healthy and ready to go for our Super Bowl run next year

9 minutes ago, Motown_Magic said:

No need to rush the young stud back into what is already a lost year. Regardless, should be a 3rd-4th rounder next year with room for upside. Just get him healthy and ready to go for our Super Bowl run next year

Sorry, but no one cares about the Lions or their future super bowl aspirations in this thread. I'm sure there is a Detroit Lions forum where you can dream about that sort of stuff with other Lions fans. 

• Haha 2

Just now, urban2014 said:

Lions are 4 and 6.How is it already being declared a lost season? 

It is an annual ritual to declare the Lions' season lost on the eve of their Thanksgiving game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

He's a tough hold. Not many games left to go, especially with playoffs. An IR league would be awesome for him. For everyone else, it's a tough hold with him taking one of your bench spots, especially as you wanna stash defenses in advance as well.

I think it's a long shot he comes back in two weeks per the rotoworld note.  He'll maybe be back for week 14, fantasy playoffs but won't be 100% and his usage and effectiveness will be anyone's guess.