the_dying_dream

Kerryon Johnson 2018 Outlook

2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

For what it's worth, the site that was the first to report OJ Howard had a significant injury (before the IR news obviously) speculated Kerryon would be out a month.

Wont be a problem for leages that have an IR slot

8 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Well a month brings us to championship week, and if he in fact does miss that entire month, can you even trust him week 16? I'd say IR slot or not, that's still a pretty big problem (assuming it's correct).

5 hours ago, cnewbykkn said:

Hey Yahoo......hes OUT!!!

Has been ruled out yet? I have zero expectation that he will play, but I haven't actually seen anything from the Lions indicating he is out for the game. I am sure we will see something today. 

2 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

For what it's worth, the site that was the first to report OJ Howard had a significant injury (before the IR news obviously) speculated Kerryon would be out a month.

It's possible. It's also possible he is back next week. Unless they saw his MRI, they can't know for sure how long he will be out. They also don't know how cautious the Lions will be with Johnson.  

30 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

We don’t have an IR slot in the league I own him in... if the Lions say it’s gonna be a month, I’m dropping.  Wouldn’t feel comfortable running him out there in the Championship with possible workload concerns.

3 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Has been ruled out yet? I have zero expectation that he will play, but I haven't actually seen anything from the Lions indicating he is out for the game. I am sure we will see something today. 

It's possible. It's also possible he is back next week. Unless they saw his MRI, they can't know for sure how long he will be out. They also don't know how cautious the Lions will be with Johnson.  

DET probably won't be ruling him out till the very last injury report, why give the opposition an edge if there is a grey area you can play around with.

it is pretty simple to figure out if he is going to play again this year.  if DET manages to stay in the playoff hunt then Kerryon will be back, but once they are out of the hunt it would not surprise one bit if they put him on IR to allow the injury to fully heal ahead of next year

3 minutes ago, SonataArctica said:

No one knows these things even if you have a mri it is still an estimate. Different people heal at different rates 

Exactly. And different teams handle injuries differently. It's safe to assume he is out this week, but after that it's sheer speculation. 

1 minute ago, championship or bust said:

Why rush a potential franchise running back when playoffs are not realistic? 

Who said anything about "rushing"?  If hes healthy, he will play.

Edited by cnewbykkn

Now he is officially OUT this week. Lets go Yahoo.

Yahoo is ON IT!   IR he goes!!!!!

Edited by cnewbykkn

11 minutes ago, Mr White said:

This guy cost me my week.

Are you sure you mean him and not DJ?

As new heroes slow down, the old hero from past times stands up to take the mantle 

Image result for legarrette blount

• Haha 1

Blount is the man here...I expect an IR tag for Kerryon soon as they should not risk him nor give him a full load again this year

5 hours ago, Jon21 said:

As new heroes slow down, the old hero from past times stands up to take the mantle 

Image result for legarrette blount

Robin Quivers needs a shave 

If they would have IR stint why wouldn't the Lions do it already? There were numerous players who were put on IR today

• Like 2

Thoughts if he will play this week? Trying to decide on picking up Blount or not....

If he plays and the Lions don’t mess up his medical, I will put him in my lineup 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Spyplane said:

Proceed as if you'll never see him again.

The Lions had plenty of time to IR him...For some reason, it didn’t happen. So, yes we should see him again