NYR Fan 116894

Nyheim Hines 2018 Outlook

20 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

This guy frequently lines up wide in spread formation. I don’t see that changing even when Mack is in the backfield.

Of course not... :unsure:

33 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

tzY5UvI.png

Buddy, in the story I blurbed, the head coach stated how pleased he was with the RBs currently playing. But he also stated that he knows who his clear cut #1 back is. If you choose to stay on the Hines ship, by all means, stay. But if it sinks, and you had a chance to land Mack for free, don't say no one warned you. The arrogant passengers of the Titanic referred to the ship's unsinkable status as it's nose pointed straight to the sky and they fell into the icy ocean. Your call man. Best of luck. 

Edit: Keep this in mind. Im not here to say one guy is better than the other. You get to decide that. Im just reporting the news and trying to help other owners get great value for rising assets. Im here to help, not have pole measuring contests. 

Edited by Fantasy Gooroo
Wanted to talk more on the topic without creating a seperate post.

how is concern trolling helping anyone especially when you own none of the players involved? Hines will retain PPR value, it does not matter what Mack does.

5 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

If they felt so poorly about him, he wouldn't have been the feature back last week and get that many touches. Nor be on the 2 minute drill. Nor be the come-from behind back.

You guys are crazy. Mack should not be a threat at all. He hasn't done anything and isn't even on scholarship. 

Because they had literally no one else to put in and turbin just came back from injury, a lot of his play was in come back mode to the Pat's in the 4th when they were down. Do you think the jets will be blowing them out? I own Hines but I don't see similar amount of touches each week. 

oh I'd be surprised to see Hines have double digit carries in a game again ROS. All of his value comes through the air

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nmartinez12443 said:

Because they had literally no one else to put in and turbin just came back from injury, a lot of his play was in come back mode to the Pat's in the 4th when they were down. Do you think the jets will be blowing them out? I own Hines but I don't see similar amount of touches each week. 

Turbin came off a 4 game suspension just for the record, not an injury. So he should have been in shape and ready to handle a few carries at least had they felt it. He won’t be getting more than a handful of carries per week but it seems as if the catches will be real. Red zone usage or lackthereof will dictate whether he’s anything more than a low end PPR flex play ROS

47 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

how is concern trolling helping anyone especially when you own none of the players involved? Hines will retain PPR value, it does not matter what Mack does.

For your sake, I hope you are right amigo. 

Just now, Fantasy Gooroo said:

For your sake, I hope you are right amigo. 

don't worry about me. Mack is on the wire and if I want him I'll probably get him

I don't

• Haha 1

Good luck to Mack truthers who want to invest in a guy that is having hamstring issues all season long.

Mack did get 11 touches in his only game, and 1 reception. Hines didn't play in that Washington game very well, but IDK. He's showed well lately. He should be plugged into your RB2 / Flex in PPR / half PPR. 

With DeFreeman looking like he's on the wrong side of playing now, I'm gonna have to roll Hines out there again. Praying for 10 points at least. As an Indianapolis resident though, I have no idea what that staff sees in Mack. Dude has done very little and is as brittle as tissue paper.  He's simply not the future of that team. Personally, Hines DOES have a future as the pass catching back for this team, for years to come. So if they completely hand the reigns over to Mack this week, they've lost their minds.

On 2018-10-09 at 6:34 PM, lolcopter said:

This guy frequently lines up wide in spread formation. I don’t see that changing even when Mack is in the backfield.

And I mean it's not like Hines was filling in for Marshall Faulk.

I just read that the Jets are the single worst at stopping receptions by running backs in the NFL this season. Hopefully, the Colts know that....Not to mention Mack had a 3.7 ypc last season. He’s no world buster. 

3 minutes ago, TennisDude said:

I just read that the Jets are the single worst at stopping receptions by running backs in the NFL this season. Hopefully, the Colts know that....Not to mention Mack had a 3.7 ypc last season. He’s no world buster. 

As a Jets fan, I can state with full certainty that the Jets are the single worst in many categories. Hines looks good. Chester Rogers looks good. Ryan Grant looks good. Luck is firing on all cylinders. As long as TY and Jack Doyle sit, how are these guys not a go.

On 10/11/2018 at 3:34 AM, MrPositive said:

With DeFreeman looking like he's on the wrong side of playing now, I'm gonna have to roll Hines out there again. Praying for 10 points at least. As an Indianapolis resident though, I have no idea what that staff sees in Mack. Dude has done very little and is as brittle as tissue paper.  He's simply not the future of that team. Personally, Hines DOES have a future as the pass catching back for this team, for years to come. So if they completely hand the reigns over to Mack this week, they've lost their minds.

Hines has been playing solid, and Mack is singing the hamstring blues. I expect Mack to take the field, but I still like Hines' role, and I can't imagine that the Colts will run Mack into the ground now that he's finally practicing in full.

I’m confused by the folks in here sounding the alarms over Mack. You picked up Hines for his receiving role where he’s on pace for 90+ receptions, not because he had a chance of being a lead back. You weren’t paying attention if you actually thought he’d dominate the RB touches in this backfield. If anything you should be glad he won’t be called upon to take handoffs up the middle for no gain 15 times a game like last Thursday night.

• Like 3

I just want him to get 5 rushes at least along with his catches. But this time I hope they can be more creative than just running him 15 times straight forward. Draws, and runs to the outside at least. 

I am playing him in my PPR instead of Enunwa.  Good luck all!

12 minutes ago, PhilsPhan90 said:

Anyone starting him today despite Mack's return?

I am starting him over L Miller and Buck Allen full PPR.  Despite Mack's return, I think Hines still gets receptions and maybe a few carries.  We have seen how hamstring issues can linger over the course of a season so it could be an issue for Mack today.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, res077y11 said:

I am starting him over L Miller and Buck Allen full PPR.  Despite Mack's return, I think Hines still gets receptions and maybe a few carries.  We have seen how hamstring issues can linger over the course of a season so it could be an issue for Mack today.  

I'm likely playing Ito Smith over Hines today only because of matchup. Hines does have a decent matchup himself against the Jets but I'd like to see how the whole "Return of the Mack" truly factors into the backfield.

• Haha 1

Mack just completely destroys Hines value. That's all there is to it. He barely was even in this game. Hines is only playable confidently, when Mack is out. It's sad, I don't understand it, but the Colts think they are better with Mack out there....they're not. Shrug

• Like 2