Rolling Thunder

Lamar Miller 2018 Outlook

8 hours ago, dams513 said:

He also had 15 or less carries in 5 of the 7 games this season, less than 10 points in 4 out of 7 games this season, a horrible Texans O-Line, and Foreman, who they really like, is coming back soonish(another cook in the kitchen).  I'm not saying he's not an RB2, but still to early to say his struggles earlier this season are behind him, that's all.

If you only look at carries sure but my point (even before this week when I was telling people not to drop him) was that he is getting 15+ touches a week.  You don't drop a RB getting that much opportunity for a dart throw ww add.

I'm also not saying he's an rb2 I was only ever arguing (against what seemed to be the majority in this thread) that you should keep him on your bench as depth at the very least.

Dropping him for a Doug Martin type was reactionary and foolish.

Edited by Kyle87
  • Like 1

This guy going to be startable Thursday? Had a big workload yesterday, so I think it could be a little more split this week between Miller and Blue. Not sure if I want to start, but would hate to leave another double digit performance on the bench.

I guess Watson is still banged up, so they may keep it on the ground to protect him. Miami would also be the 'revenge' game angle, and they did get thrashed by Kerryon and Blount yesterday.

Edited by NJLionsFan

7 hours ago, Kyle87 said:

If you only look at carries sure but my point (even before this week when I was telling people not to drop him) was that he is getting 15+ touches a week.  You don't drop a RB getting that much opportunity for a dart throw ww add.

I'm also not saying he's an rb2 I was only ever arguing (against what seemed to be the majority in this thread) that you should keep him on your bench as depth at the very least.

Dropping him for a Doug Martin type was reactionary and foolish.

We shall see '87. We shall see.

Well, that was... unexpected.

After watching the Lions manhandle the Dolphins in the run game yesterday, I don't think I can keep him on the bench next week, but I'm still nervous about it;

Whats his ROS value? I'm trying to dump him but rightfully so getting alot of push back, should i settle on whatever i can get or hold out?

Edited by selamander

1 hour ago, selamander said:

Whats his ROS value? I'm trying to dump him but rightfully so getting alot of push back, should i settle on whatever i can get or hold out?

Mid RB2. 

• Haha 2

I think not much has changed. He is currently an RB3 with the potential to be an RB2 if the offense continues to improve.

• Like 2

not to get too AC, but i swapped Jordan Reed for Miller prior to last Sundays games.  Guessing his value has probably taken a slight bump since then, but RB2/3 seems about right....

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gbill2004 said:

Mid RB2. 

Exactly.  The guy gets volume and doesn't have much competition for his role.  Foreman's window keeps getting pushed farther and farther into the distance.  Ride him until the bye, then pick up Foreman for free as a handcuff and see how it shakes out.

And for those of you in a league in which Miller was dropped (I'm in a 12-team PPR league where he's on the wire this week for some reason): he is absolutely the #1 claim in such a league and is worthy of a #1 waiver wire priority.

• Like 1

Just now, ThePerfectBeard said:

Anyone starting him with confidence this week?  Trying to set my flex(I know Thursday game) and I'm having trouble pulling the trigger.

Having to start him as my RB2.   I'm pretty confident that he'll at least get low end RB2 numbers this week.  

But if it was a flex position, I'd look hard at my other options.  

9 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

Anyone starting him with confidence this week?  Trying to set my flex(I know Thursday game) and I'm having trouble pulling the trigger.

Yea, with the bye's I've got to start him. 

TNF is usually pretty high-scoring and with DeShaun banged up Texans will probably rely on the run more and with Miami being a not-so-great opponent it's a friendly scenario for Miller I think.

33 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

Firing him up. Miami has given up a lot on the ground the last two weeks and the Texans are going to have to lean on Miller more with Watson hurt. 

36 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

Yes.  In line for another monster workload IMO.  And Miami's been getting gashed against the run...

Week 1 - Lewis/Henry 26-101-1

Week 2 - Jets did nothing

Week 3 - Lynch/Martin 22-107-1

Week 4 - Michel 25-112-1, White 8-44-1

Week 5 - Mixon 22-93

Week 6 - Cohen/Howard 19-100

Week 7 - K. Johnson 19-158 (!!!), Blount 10-50-1

They've also allowed seven or more catches by RBs in five of seven games this season.

This is what you call a "dream matchup."  Honestly if you don't fire up Miller this week you'll never use him.  

Starting with supreme confidence.

2 minutes ago, WaiverLooter said:

3 years is a long time to be mad bro  :lol:

Obviously you've never met my ex wife. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Lol

MID RB2?

This thread is INSANITY.

I own him in 3-4 leagues and barely had that expectation when the season started. Guy will give maybe 2-3 more GOOD games, maybe even one great -- but, he is going to piddle around like he has for most of ROS.

That all being said, this week looks better than most. 

Just now, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

Lol

MID RB2?

This thread is INSANITY.

I own him in 3-4 leagues and barely had that expectation when the season started. Guy will give maybe 2-3 more GOOD games, maybe even one great -- but, he is going to piddle around like he has for most of ROS.

That all being said, this week looks better than most. 

Well that's just about where his adp was, Mid RB2.

If you think that's insane I don't know why you drafted him repeatedly

Just now, Cotton Jones said:

Well that's just about where his adp was, Mid RB2.

If you think that's insane I don't know why you drafted him repeatedly

I think you've missed the issue:

He isn't anywhere near as valuable as he was during draft period -- Simply restating his value to be the same as it was is a joke.

Just now, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

I think you've missed the issue:

He isn't anywhere near as valuable as he was during draft period -- Simply restating his value to be the same as it was is a joke.

He ranks as RB30 in 0.5 PPR leagues. 

He was RB11 last week in the same scoring system. 

He'll probably finish somewhere in the 16-20. That seems pretty much spot on for RB2 land. 

Also, go take a peek at the RBs currently sitting 12-24 in 0.5 ppr.

Stunning names such as:

Crowell

Cohen

Lindsay

Ekeler

AP

Coleman

Breida

Mixon

Hyde

Drake

Collins

Lynch 

Michel

Yea...Even if you think Miller's a listless talent it doesn't take much to be an RB2.