Rolling Thunder

Lamar Miller 2018 Outlook

Pretty generous forecast, dude. 

Especially considering:

-Still haven't had their bye week

-Still hasn't had his annual nagging injury (Hey, maybe this is the year he doesn't)

-Has yet to play: Denver, Washington, Cleveland, Indy, NYG, PHI -- all potentially tough RB match ups.

But, ya I guess we can cut his RB30 standing w/ his outlier game and just split the difference. 

2 hours ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

Anyone starting him with confidence this week?  Trying to set my flex(I know Thursday game) and I'm having trouble pulling the trigger.

Oh yeah.

Lions just put nearly 250 rushing yards on the Dolphins this past Sunday.

Dolphins WRs are all banged up + Brock starting again means this should be low scoring.

REVENGE GAME.

Just now, TheDoctor said:

Also, go take a peek at the RBs currently sitting 12-24 in 0.5 ppr.

Stunning names such as:

Crowell

Cohen

Lindsay

Ekeler

AP

Coleman

Breida

Mixon

Hyde

Drake

Collins

Lynch 

Michel

Yea...Even if you think Miller's a listless talent it doesn't take much to be an RB2. 

I agree. It is thin this year. You're a top 10 back if you dominate carries with efficiency and td upside and can catch the ball (only exception is  really James White). Anything after that, there is a noticeable gap and you're looking at high efficiency timeshare situations (Ekeler, Lindsay, Cohen) or a guy with low efficiency that dominates carries (Hyde pretrade, Lamar Miller, AP). Everyone in the RB2 mix is in the sliding spectrum pretty much.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

Especially considering:

-Still hasn't had his annual nagging injury (Hey, maybe this is the year he doesn't)

-Has yet to play: Denver, Washington, Cleveland, Indy, NYG, PHI -- all potentially tough RB match ups.

But, ya I guess we can cut his RB30 standing w/ his outlier game and just split the difference. 

Pretty generous forecast, but then you go ahead and forecast yourself a nagging injury and a bunch of defenses with potentially tough RB match ups. Good to know your assumptions can be stated as fact, but mine cannot! 

3 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Pretty generous forecast, but then you go ahead and forecast yourself a nagging injury and a bunch of defenses with potentially tough RB match ups. Good to know your assumptions can be stated as fact, but mine cannot! 

Definitely not the takeaway. No need to get defensive. 

9 hours ago, MillenWasmyFavorite said:

Especially considering:

He has already missed time/reps due to a chest injury spanning multiple games.

CLE, NYG and DEN have been downright awful in run D.  IND has been below average.

5 minutes ago, BMcP said:

He has already missed time/reps due to a chest injury spanning multiple games.

CLE, NYG and DEN have been downright awful in run D.  IND has been below average.

NYG also just traded away their best interior defender. Should be even easier to run on them. And I agree that none of those run D's are that good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devaster said:

NYG also just traded away their best interior defender. Should be even easier to run on them. And I agree that none of those run D's are that good.

PHI has been great in run D, and WAS has been quite good.  Otherwise, you should be salivating over that run-D schedule.

10 hours ago, TheDoctor said:

Also, go take a peek at the RBs currently sitting 12-24 in 0.5 ppr.

Stunning names such as:

Crowell

Cohen

Lindsay

Ekeler

AP

Coleman

Breida

Mixon

Hyde

Drake

Collins

Lynch 

Michel

Yea...Even if you think Miller's a listless talent it doesn't take much to be an RB2. 

He's clearly behind Cohen, Lindsay, AP, Mixon, Michel, Breida, Lynch, if all of those are healthy, imo.

2 hours ago, timexsocialclub said:

He's clearly behind Cohen, Lindsay, AP, Mixon, Michel, Breida, Lynch, if all of those are healthy, imo.

That’s a fairly heavy caveat for the likes of AP, Michel, Breida and Lynch (!?!).

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BMcP said:

That’s a fairly heavy caveat for the likes of AP, Michel, Breida and Lynch (!?!).

Indeed it is.  Might want to reassess there.  

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

Screw it, I'm playing him over Allison... Expect 6-9 points ladies and gentlemen. 

The Lamar Miller special? I.e 18 carries for 60 yards? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NBatum88 said:

The Lamar Miller special? I.e 18 carries for 60 yards? 

Exactly.  Throw in a TD vulture from Blue too.

Edited by ThePerfectBeard
  • Haha 1

You can be sure his rushing and receiving totals will both end in a 9, just to throw in a little "screw you" to us not playing in fractional point leagues.

Official prediction: 79 yards rushing, 19 yards receiving but he WILL secure a TD.

MIA is utterly putrescent versus the run- why wouldn’t you play him if you had him?

14 minutes ago, JJ1223 said:

You can be sure his rushing and receiving totals will both end in a 9, just to throw in a little "screw you" to us not playing in fractional point leagues.

Official prediction: 79 yards rushing, 19 yards receiving but he WILL secure a TD.

lol. My standard league is non-fraction. Miller is that kind of back that screws you by a yard. On the flip-side, at least we don't get penalized for negative 1-9 yards.

1 hour ago, ThePerfectBeard said:

Screw it, I'm playing him over Allison... Expect 6-9 points ladies and gentlemen. 

You could have waited to tell us you're playing him AFTER the game you know.  

50 minutes ago, BMcP said:

MIA is utterly putrescent versus the run- why wouldn’t you play him if you had him?

Agree...If you don't play Miller this week, you'll never feel good playing him.

Personally, I took last weeks game and this weeks matchup as an opportunity to sell him to an owner desperate for RB help.  He's basically been terrible every week of the season before last week....And terrible most of last year too. 

Everybody is expecting him to go out and have 100 yards and a TD or 2 tonight.  It would be just like him though to go out and put up 14 carries for 56 yards with 1 catch for 5 yards and no TD's tonight lol. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

Personally, I took last weeks game and this weeks matchup as an opportunity to sell him to an owner desperate for RB help.  He's basically been terrible every week of the season before last week....And terrible most of last year too. 

Everybody is expecting him to go out and have 100 yards and a TD or 2 tonight.  It would be just like him though to go out and put up 14 carries for 56 yards with 1 catch for 5 yards and no TD's tonight lol. 

Yep. Had someone offer him to me right after his "big" game and I knew exactly what he was up to - couldn't hit reject fast enough. Already have the "pleasure" of owning Miller in another league and that is enough. Counting on him to find a way to disappoint tonight.

6 minutes ago, tts42572 said:

A good week will up his trade value by even more, feel like you sold too early but time will tell.