tootallball

Dante Pettis 2018 Outlook

1 hour ago, chrismikayla said:

Well with AJ done I put in a waiver claim for him. I could do worse this late in the year I guess.

I’m in the same boat. Trying to decide between him and Godwin though.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Key is how many targets are we realistically expecting this week? 

Denver likely up in this game I would think, on Denver with two left in survivor, I'll say Pettis gets 6-8 targets. Pettis has had two solid weeks in a row, seems to be ascending whether Goodwin makes it back or not. 

2 hours ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Denver likely up in this game I would think, on Denver with two left in survivor, I'll say Pettis gets 6-8 targets. Pettis has had two solid weeks in a row, seems to be ascending whether Goodwin makes it back or not. 

Yea 5-8 was what I was gonna say. They wanna see what they got with their young guys so I expect him to get a full complement of snaps regardless of who plays, plus I think he has earned it.

3 hours ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

I highly recommend you guys looking into the stats of good route runners vs the Denver defense. Matt Waldman did a great write up on Pettis' chance of having a big game because his routes are crisp and Denver can't defend that. Now, imagine Denver being up and not being able to defend Pettis. He could easily of 5-100-1.

20 hours ago, Boozted said:

I’m in the same boat. Trying to decide between him and Godwin though.

I might be rolling with Godwin and this cat.   I’m not sure if I can trust Landry anymore.  

Taking a chance on him. Chris Harris out is a big loss for the Bronco secondary and I think Mullens will be taking some shots downfield. Even with Goodwin back, Mullens seems to have a good thing going with Pettis and I don't see that slowing down now. 

Was able to claim him at 6 by some miracle. 

"“Right away when we lined up, I saw the safety was down low on the other side,” Pettis said of his fourth-career touchdown. “Normally I’m supposed to take a sharper angle, and I saw there was no safety in the middle of the field, so I kind of took it higher and just hoped that Nick saw it, too, and he did, and he hit me in stride.”

https://www.49ers.com/news/dante-pettis-two-touchdown-performance-earns-nfl-rookie-of-the-week-nomination

Anyone know the status of Garcon and Goodwin? I'm considering rolling this kid over Edelman. 

The Fantasy Impact

So, how much can Dante Pettis be trusted at this point?

His usage has been good, and while Nick Mullens isn't going to be a guy who slings the ball around the field, he seems to have found a connection he likes with Pettis.

It doesn't seem like Pierre Garcon or Marquise Goodwin are in San Francisco's plans for the rest of the season at this point, but you never know for sure, and the looming threat of Pettis returning to a secondary role on this offense is there. But in Week 14 against the Broncos, Pettis should remain atop the pecking order, and with Chris Harris out for Denver, the role of stopping him likely falls on Bradley Roby. Roby ranks 84th among defensive backs in fantasy points allowed per game when he's in coverage and 78th in receptions allowed. This is going to be a good matchup for Pettis, who should have a good shot to find his way into the end zone.

Will this week be Dante’s inferno or have we already seen Dante’s peak?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

14 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

Inferno. He's being covered by some bum off the street this week. Ranked 87th or so by PFF at CB. Pettis runs some of the cleanest routes I've ever seen for a rookie and his footwork is next level coming off the line to set up his route. 

I think Dante lights it up in week 14, considering him over Jules in the flex. 

Dante's highest rank in PPR on Rotoballer is like #22. His worst rank is WR 68. 

Ok 68... does that person even have ******** eyes. 

Roll him If ya got him! 

It seems he and Mullins have developed a pretty good rapport lately so I think he still gets his 5-7 catches even with goodwin out there. And as others posted he’s supposedly playing against a guy they picked up off the street. Fire him up boys. 

1 hour ago, jbarretta said:

Does anyone think Goodwin coming back affects him?  Garcon should still be out and they can use Pettis in the slot

Has he played slot this year? Its not as easy as it sounds to just switch a guy to slot.

1 hour ago, jbarretta said:

Does anyone think Goodwin coming back affects him?  Garcon should still be out and they can use Pettis in the slot

I'm betting it won't  Pettis is 6'1 200lb and goodwin is 5'10 180.  He's a much bigger target and mullens could be a QB who is more comfortable passing to a bigger target he can see. Speed guys like Goodwin a young QB may have to develop a rapport and timing with. 

What guys are you starting him over? I’m thinking of throwing him in my flex over Allen Robinson and josh Adams.... not sure if I’m chasing points... but the guy looks really talented 

12 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

What guys are you starting him over? I’m thinking of throwing him in my flex over Allen Robinson and josh Adams.... not sure if I’m chasing points... but the guy looks really talented 

Considering starting him over Landry and Larry Fitz. Don't feel comfortable starting either and lost AJ (again) last week. Feel like my matchup will rest solely on which receivers I start this week and not feeling good about it

Same boat. Have had enough of larry fitz’s 2 catch games. Their passing game is atrocious. Pettis provides so much more upside and with denver hurting in the secondary he should be a good play. 

7 hours ago, PizzaBeerFF said:

I have him in my line up... benched Gordon. Need to be bold this time of the year. 

I think I'm coming with you and firing this kid up over Edelman. The forecast in Miami for Sunday is brutal with wind and rain. 

I'll take the nice weather and the hot hand in Pettis out in SF. 

Firing this up in week 14. 

I like pettis upside so much so I may plug him in over steady  Edelman. . .