tootallball

Dante Pettis 2018 Outlook

There will be some wind in Miami but no rain until later in the afternoon now in Tampa there will be rain

12 minutes ago, JrsKars said:

There will be some wind in Miami but no rain until later in the afternoon now in Tampa there will be rain

Hopefully it's not so bad that it affects the Bay Area. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hmmmm.... I love the talk in here and his route running ability is dynamic but how could you start him if Goodwin and Garçon are back?

Would anyone start him over the likes of Mike Williams and Curtis Samuel?

I am a desperate man, thanks to Kareem Hunt

Goodwin hasn’t been a target hog and I can’t see a reason why they would try to utilize  garcon even if he was ready, which sounds like he isn’t. Dante should still get his and I would start him over Williams, maybe not over son of Samuels but it’s close. 

I'm starting him with the news that Garcon is out. After losing Kupp, Marvin Jones and Kirk to IR, I'm hoping I can get a decent performance from Pettis. Starting him over Taylor Gabriel...

With Garcon out he slots in as the #2.

Per CBS 3 hours ago:

---------------------------

Pettis is expected to remain in the starting lineup Sunday against the Broncos with fellow wideout Pierre Garcon (knee) ruled out for the contest, Nick Wagoner of ESPN.com reports.

Pettis has gone wild over the past two weeks while Garcon and Marquise Goodwin (personal) were inactive for both contests, hauling in nine of 14 targets for 206 yards and three scores. With Goodwin having since rejoined the team and likely in store for a regular role on offense Sunday, Pettis' path to being the obvious No. 1 option at receiver becomes more blocked, but there should be enough looks to go around for both players. In the eight games he has played this season, Goodwin has commanded no more than five targets, so he's not the high-volume guy his spot on the depth chart would suggest.

----------------------------------

Oh, this is my sneaky if you need a WR with upside play.

Very startable if you need to swing for the fences at your WR #2 or flex spot. He may be the #2 on paper but the targets suggests he may remain the #1.

Edited by Blazer
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blazer said:

With Garcon out he slots in as the #2.

Per CBS 3 hours ago:

---------------------------

Pettis is expected to remain in the starting lineup Sunday against the Broncos with fellow wideout Pierre Garcon (knee) ruled out for the contest, Nick Wagoner of ESPN.com reports.

Pettis has gone wild over the past two weeks while Garcon and Marquise Goodwin (personal) were inactive for both contests, hauling in nine of 14 targets for 206 yards and three scores. With Goodwin having since rejoined the team and likely in store for a regular role on offense Sunday, Pettis' path to being the obvious No. 1 option at receiver becomes more blocked, but there should be enough looks to go around for both players. In the eight games he has played this season, Goodwin has commanded no more than five targets, so he's not the high-volume guy his spot on the depth chart would suggest.

----------------------------------

Oh, this is my sneaky if you need a WR with upside play.

Very startable if you need to swing for the fences at your WR #2 or flex spot. He may be the #2 on paper but the targets suggests he may remain the #1.

This. I'm starting this cat over Edelman. I don't need to swing for the fences as I'm favored by 30 but I simply think this kid is gonna score more than Edelman's 12-15 I've come accustomed to seeing. Pettis isn't TD dependent but he appears to have a nose for the end zone, and fresh young legs as he has emerged late. 

Pettis is gonna get trailed by some bum in the Denver secondary. 

Fire this up. 

IMO Pettis and Coutee would be bigger names if it weren't for lingering injuries. Luckily Dante appears to be healthy. He is probably the most polished of the 2019 class. Let's hope he can stay healthy. I adore his routes.

• Like 1

I’m in. I’ve been rotating the Williams boys, Landry, and Fitzgerald as my wr2 all year and haven’t come close to the back to back performances Pettis is coming off of. Like hearing about the route running that can really separate a receiver from the rest of the pack.

42 minutes ago, thebrowns said:

IMO Pettis and Coutee would be bigger names if it weren't for lingering injuries. Luckily Dante appears to be healthy. He is probably the most polished of the 2019 class. Let's hope he can stay healthy. I adore his routes.

This man studies the game. Pettis's footowork when he releases off the line to set up his route is second to none. Plain and simple, he wins off the line of scrimmage. He isn't a burner, but then again, neither was Jerry Rice. Rice won and scored a ton because he was a master at creating separation. The sky is the limit for this kid If he keeps working at it. Marquise Goodwin is a "take the top off" burner, Pettis is a motherf***ing artist running the okee doke on sucker corners. 

He will light Denver up. 

35 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

I’m in. I’ve been rotating the Williams boys, Landry, and Fitzgerald as my wr2 all year and haven’t come close to the back to back performances Pettis is coming off of. Like hearing about the route running that can really separate a receiver from the rest of the pack.

Welcome. I think the floor is 15 here. Lots of chips on this. 

I think Pettis is a great dart-throw this week, especially if you've got a receiver like Tyler Boyd or someone similar who has a horrible matchup this week...

I think this game will be closer than people think, and if anything, Broncos will likely be leading, meaning the 49ers will be forced to throw it more.

*BONUS* - Nick Mullens is averaging 39 Passing Attempts per game over his past 3 games...the likelihood that Pettis maintains 7-10 targets is VERY HIGH.

If there was ever a "under-the-radar dart-throw" who could help you win your first playoff week, it's this guy...against a now Chris Harris(less) Broncos seconday...I did it a couple years ago with Taylor Gabriel when he was with ATL..(coincidentally when Kyle Shana was coaching there..)

DEN ranked in the Bottom-10 in passing yards allowed per-game...

Everything leads me to believe that at the very minimum, Pettis should have an 7-10 point floor PPR wise, and could end up being a 15-20 point scorer with his playmaking abilities.

Edited by CORTEz
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CORTEz said:

I think Pettis is a great dart-throw this week, especially if you've got a receiver like Tyler Boyd or someone similar who has a horrible matchup this week...

I think this game will be closer than people think, and if anything, Broncos will likely be leading, meaning the 49ers will be forced to throw it more.

*BONUS* - Nick Mullens is averaging 39 Passing Attempts per game over his past 3 games...the likelihood that Pettis maintains 7-10 targets is VERY HIGH.

If there was ever a "under-the-radar dart-throw" who could help you win your first playoff week, it's this guy...against a now Chris Harris(less) Broncos seconday...

DEN ranked in the Bottom-10 in passing yards allowed per-game...

Pumping heat with those stats, Pettis is gas this week. 

Hot hand in the dice game about to make quick work of that dog s--- Denver secondary. 

With three house calls in his last two weeks, he's bound to find pay dirt again. 

Take a seat Edelman. 

3 minutes ago, The Gridiron Assassin said:

Pumping heat with those stats, Pettis is gas this week. 

Hot hand in the dice game about to make quick work of that dog s--- Denver secondary. 

With three house calls in his last two weeks, he's bound to find pay dirt again. 

Take a seat Edelman. 

giphy-downsized.gif

Sitting Edelman...Loving this guy.

• Like 3

If I'm Nick Mullins, I'm trying to ball out and get traded out from behind Jimmy G in a QB starved league. 

Pettis and Mullins have it goin on, on Pettis's 70 something yard house call last week he saw the safety was down low and cut his route, Mullins saw the same thing and hit him on time, boom, house. 

Balls on the table, Pettis on the starting card. 

Let's go cuzzo! :ph34r:

After reading the last few pages I may have been convinced to start this dude over Landry.  Is that a wise move? If it weren’t for the matchup I wouldn’t even be considering Landry since he’s screwed me big time 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Silkk1211 said:

Start him over gus edwards or ware? PPR

Not sure if i'd start him over Gus Edwards....but maybeee Ware going against a good BAL team.

14 hours ago, KCJONES said:

After reading the last few pages I may have been convinced to start this dude over Landry.  Is that a wise move? If it weren’t for the matchup I wouldn’t even be considering Landry since he’s screwed me big time 

After reading the last few pages I'm fully expecting Pettis to bomb this week :D. Way too much confidence out there. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

After reading the last few pages I'm fully expecting Pettis to bomb this week :D. Way too much confidence out there. Hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

We definitely should temper expectation. We're depending on a third string underrated rookie (i know it's his second year, but it's his first season) to get the ball out. The O-Line is not great, Denver is elite away getting to the QB.

I won't be surprised if Pettis bombs. And, i don't think anyone sees him as a FF WR1. Hopefully he's the flex play. Everyone I'm starting him over has the same floor. His ceiling is crazy high, that's the cause of optimism. I don't think many of us will be let down by him, because we understand the risk. 

I expect him to be more dependable next year. Still the best all around WR in this rookie class,  IMO.

2 hours ago, Silkk1211 said:

pettis or zay jones? PPR

Am I just getting old and risk adverse? I don't get why these 2 are such hot names this week. Pettis is much more understandable although I'm still surprised these 2 are getting so much love with many people's season on the line. Pettis' last game looks a lot less stellar if you takeaway his 75 yd TD catch in the 4th quarter of a game that was well in hand (I'm not saying garbage time numbers don't matter but when predicting future performances I don't think they should hold equal weight). Additionally, although Garcon is still out Goodwin is back after being out the past 2 games which doesn't bode well for Pettis' outlook with additional competition for those valuable deep targets. 

Last week was a pretty bad week for WRs and it looks like people are getting too caught up in "what have you done for me lately" and going after two guys who were among the top 5 at the position this past week but have very little track record and aren't in favorable offenses. I guess each situation is unique but I'm surprised that this many playoff teams are willing to put their fate in guys who they claimed off waivers like a week ago and have had like 2 good weeks all season. 

• Thanks 1