We have a loaded field this year.  I could see about 30 RBs making a case for top 20 status.  Really hard to rank once you get past the 2nd round.

9qMKezZ.jpg

Here's my first crack, if I was drafting today.

Tier 1: Zeke, Gurley, Bell, DJ.  Superstars.

Tier 2: Fournette, Barkley, Kamara, Gordon, Cook.  Happy to be my RB1.

Tier 3: Hunt, McKinnon, Mixon, Ingram, Howard, McCoy.  RB1 prices, would prefer as my RB2.

Tier 4: Michel, Henry, D Freeman, McCaffrey, Miller, Drake.  Should suffice as RB2.

Tier 5: Ajayi, Collilns, Jones, Williams, Penny, Guice, Mack.  Good flexes.  

Tier 6: Kerryon, R Freeman, Chubb, Crowell, Martin.  Hard to see a path to relevance this year.

I'm lower on D Freeman.  Offense has regressed and so has his volume.

I'm lower on McCoy.  The offense will suck and father time can strike at any moment.

Who's starting in Oakland and Denver?

• Like 3

I'd move Michel down, and Penny up.  Other than that, I like your list a lot.  I think Rolls Royce will be the dude in Denver. 

Even though i don't like Jets players in fantasy, Crowell could easily have 250 carries this year. I wouldn't ignore him as a low RB2 type of option. 

And Ronald Jones has the best situation of any rookie RB. I'd have him a lot higher, but that's just me.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

Here's my first crack, if I was drafting today.

Tier 3: Hunt, McKinnon, Mixon, Ingram, Howard, McCoy.  RB1 prices, would prefer as my RB2.

Tier 4: Michel, Henry, D Freeman, McCaffrey, Miller, Drake.  Should suffice as RB2.

Tier 6: Kerryon, R Freeman, Chubb, Crowell, Martin.  Hard to see a path to relevance this year.

I'm lower on D Freeman.  Offense has regressed and so has his volume.

I'm lower on McCoy.  The offense will suck and father time can strike at any moment.

Who's starting in Oakland and Denver?

I usually go zero-RB, but in looking at you’re list I’m thinking I’d go RB-RB in my 1.10, 1.11, and 1.12 slots (and corresponding 2.03, 2.02, 2.01), if I drafted tonight...

Higher on Freeman, wondering if your lowness is more about recency and last year, less about this coming year. I see him in your tier 2, opportunity to earn that contract money.

Who's starting in Oakland? Who isn’t starting in that 4-RB backfield?

I’d rank Henry in that tier 1 / tier 2 if only he was alone in the backfield (not just saying this to inspire Cleats to return from his depression), but paired/shared with Lewis it might even be more towards tier 6...

Standard? Many PPR names missing from this list.  Thompson, Cohen, Lewis, Coleman, Duke Johnson etc. are all at least solid flexes. 

8 hours ago, Lord_Varys said:

I play PPR only.

I have McKinnon in Tier 2.  Yes, I like him that much.

I would swap Jones and Penny for Henry and Michel.  

I like R. Freeman a tier higher too.  Booker won't hold him off.

Good work otherwise.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rolling Thunder said:

I play PPR only.

I have McKinnon in Tier 2.  Yes, I like him that much.

I would swap Jones and Penny for Henry and Michel.  

I like R. Freeman a tier higher too.  Booker won't hold him off.

Good work otherwise.

My list is standard. 

I think McKinnon should end up where you say. I will draft the other guys first because I've seen them do it before, and that's all. 

I'm getting higher on Penny the more I think about it.

Disagree on Michel.  Don't see how he doesn't finish at least where I have him ranked if he stays healthy. Pats RB1 always gets there.

Henry is risky. I'm probably wrong to have him that high. 

Don't think Jones can handle the volume.  Could be wrong about that too. 

9 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

Higher on Freeman, wondering if your lowness is more about recency and last year, less about this coming year. I see him in your tier 2, opportunity to earn that contract money.

Reputation was built on his breakout year, and as Shanahan's lead back.  I guess it might be recency bias, but the one year with Sark had him finish behind Zeke (who missed 6 games), Dion Lewis... just ahead of Lamar Miller.  Granted he missed time with concussion, but that's one of the knocks on him -- that he's too small and runs to violent to hold up over time.  Arrow feels like it's pointing down.

1 minute ago, Lord_Varys said:

Reputation was built on his breakout year, and as Shanahan's lead back.  I guess it might be recency bias, but the one year with Sark had him finish behind Zeke (who missed 6 games), Dion Lewis... just ahead of Lamar Miller.  Granted he missed time with concussion, but that's one of the knocks on him -- that he's too small and runs to violent to hold up over time.  Arrow feels like it's pointing down.

One never knows, and certainly one concussion more, or two, could knock Freeman out for half a season. Still, an injury to Coleman and Freeman getting a lion’s share could propel him to top 5 at season’s end. He’s no slouch out of the backfield, always had that extra fuel. I hope more people take your stance though in seeing his better days behind him; I prefer his angry running, and not just because I’m a ‘Nole.

4 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

Still, an injury to Coleman and Freeman getting a lion’s share could propel him to top 5 at season’s end

Not really a valid argument.  Same could be said for tons of RBs, Coleman included (Coleman moreso, since Freeman is more injury prone of the two).

He's a real good player, extra fuel and all that like you say.  Agree.  But you have to look at the situation.  It's trending down. Last three years:

Rushes per game: 17.6 > 14.2 > 14

Recs per game: 4.8 > 3.4 > 2.6

TDs: 14 > 13 > 8

Maybe he rebounds some as Sark gets more comfortable calling plays.  Just can't get excited about him though.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Maybe he rebounds some as Sark gets more comfortable calling plays.  Just can't get excited about him though.

I have wondered for sometime now, what has Sark really done to prove that he's one of the best NFL OCs out there?  Yes, he keeps getting hired, so he's probably competent for sure, but we could very easily learn in the fullness of time that he's only half the OC at the NFL level that Shanahan has clearly proven he is.  If that is really the case, then it is a mistake to wait for Atlanta's offense to return to its 2016 zenith.

Edited by Rolling Thunder

2 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

I have wondered for sometime now, what has Sark really done to prove that he's one of the best NFL OCs out there?  Yes, he keeps getting hired, so he's probably competent for sure, but we could very easily learn in the fullness of time that he's only half the OC at the NFL level that Shanahan has clearly proven he is.

I don't think anyone is considering him "one of the best".

Sark actually has most of his experience in NCAA football.  I really can't say why he got hired, other than desperation.  Certainly not because he's demonstrated competence.

2 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

I don't think anyone is considering him "one of the best".

Sark actually has most of his experience in NCAA football.  I really can't say why he got hired, other than desperation.  Certainly not because he's demonstrated competence.

If I recall, last year was his first year calling plays at the NFL level.  He took over an offense and was asked to keep a lot of Shanahan's scheme in place.  He probably put some of his stamp on it and it didn't lead to the same level of success that came before.  I'll be interested to see how they do with the addition of Ridley and if that opens up the running game more than last year.  I won't write off Sark's offense yet, but i'm not optimistic about the offense.

18 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Not really a valid argument.  Same could be said for tons of RBs, Coleman included (Coleman moreso, since Freeman is more injury prone of the two).

He's a real good player, extra fuel and all that like you say.  Agree.  But you have to look at the situation.  It's trending down. Last three years:

Rushes per game: 17.6 > 14.2 > 14

Recs per game: 4.8 > 3.4 > 2.6

TDs: 14 > 13 > 8

I can see a lack of excitement for Freeman from where you stand, and it would be amazing if leaguemates also saw it from your perspective driving down his ADP. Seems like Rotoworld is waay more excited about unproven rookies, and I tend to be more cautious with rookies; I prefer proven pros. SportsInjuryPredictor is set to update this month, but I’m pasting last year’s info below until they do. Coleman missed one game last year, Freeman two, but other than that brief note, review what they said last year in reconsidering your comment regarding “Freeman is more injury prone of the two.” Unless the league takes him out (i.e. concussion), Freeman keeps playing.

Coleman has missed a combined 7 games through his first 2 NFL seasons. He was sidelined for Weeks 3 and 4 of his rookie year with a fractured rib and then sat out the final 2 outings with a concussion. A hamstring injury got him for 3 games this past season. That's a worrisome resume for a guy who's handled just 238 touches as a pro.

Dec 7, 2017 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Coleman missed 1 game.
Feb 5, 2017 NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Coleman was injured in the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl.
Oct 23, 2016 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Coleman missed 3 games. 
Dec 23, 2015 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 2 After slipping in the shower and banging his head, Coleman was diagnosed with a concussion. He missed 2 games.
Sep 20, 2015 NFL Chest Rib Fracture  Coleman suffered a fractured rib. He missed 2 games but played only 9 snaps in his Week 5 return. 
Aug 4, 2015 NFL Thigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2 Coleman didn't return to practice until August 17. 
Oct 4, 2014 Non-NFL Pedal Toe Fracture Coleman fractured the sesamoid bone in his big toe in October. He did not miss a game but needed surgery in the offseason and missed the NFL Combine.
Nov 9, 2013 Non-NFL Pedal Ankle (high) Sprain Grade 3 Coleman sprained his ankle and missed 3 games at the end of the season.

Freeman has missed just 1 game through 3 NFL seasons -- a Week 12 outing back in 2015 with a concussion. He's been remarkably durable otherwise, especially over the past 2 years. Freeman is the only RB to finish among the top 6 in PPR and non-PPR points in both of the last 2 seasons.

Dec 31, 2017 NFL Knee PCL Sprain Grade 2 Freeman played through a sprained PCL in the postseason. 
Dec 31, 2017 NFL Knee MCL Sprain Grade 2 Freeman played through a sprained MCL in the postseason.
Nov 12, 2017 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Freeman suffered his 2nd concussion since the summer, this time against Dallas. 
Aug 13, 2017 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Freeman didn't clear the concussion protocol until August 29. 
Oct 30, 2016 NFL Inguinal Hip Strain Freeman played through a hip pointer against Green Bay.
Nov 22, 2015 NFL Head Cranial Concussion Grade 1 Freeman took a brutal hit against the Colts when Clayton Geathers dropped his helmet on a tackle. He was immediately ruled out and missed the following game.

4 minutes ago, JHM_13 said:

If I recall, last year was his first year calling plays at the NFL level.  He took over an offense and was asked to keep a lot of Shanahan's scheme in place.  He probably put some of his stamp on it and it didn't lead to the same level of success that came before.  I'll be interested to see how they do with the addition of Ridley and if that opens up the running game more than last year.  I won't write off Sark's offense yet, but i'm not optimistic about the offense.

What did Sark really do at the collegiate level?  What I know of his NCAA record is mixed.  To my mind, there is a danger that this guy is overrated as an OC at any level.

Just now, Rolling Thunder said:

What did Sark really do at the collegiate level?  What I know of his NCAA record is mixed.  To my mind, there is a danger that this guy is overrated as an OC at any level.

Partied?  I agree and I'm not defending his resume at all.  I'm only saying i'll give him a chance to try and prove himself.  I completely avoided this offense last year and will likely be an observer this year as well.  

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, cohenstantinople said:

Where does this kid fit in?

1289238789_middle-school-football-trick-

One tier ahead of Latavius Murray. Murray would burst through that hole with a little more quickness and acceleration but once at the second level would get tackled by #19 breathing on him.

Edited by Gohawks
  • Like 1

NFL suspended Saints RB Mark Ingram four games for violating the league's PED policy.

Bump Kamara up

Posted (edited)

1- Bell

2- Gurley

3- Johnson

4- Elliott

5- Kamara

6- Gordon

7- Hunt

8- Fournette

9- Howard

10- Cook

11- Freeman

12- Barkley

13- McCoy

14- McCaffrey

15- Ajayi 

16- Miller

17- McKinnon

18- Henry

19- Penny

20- Mixon

21- Drake

22- Michel

23- Collins 

24- Ingram

Edited by Dislimb

7 hours ago, Dislimb said:

1- Bell

2- Gurley

3- Johnson

4- Elliott

5- Kamara

6- Gordon

7- Hunt

8- Fournette

9- Howard

10- Cook

11- Freeman

12- Barkley

13- McCoy

14- McCaffrey

15- Ajayi 

16- Miller

17- McKinnon

18- Henry

19- Penny

20- Mixon

21- Drake

22- Michel

23- Collins 

24- Ingram

Format?

36 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Format?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that.

0.5 point PPR.

I think Joe Mixon has a break out year as the clear lead back and finishes top 10 in ppr.  Will be solid rb1. 

• Like 1

My updated standard list as of now...

1: Gurley, Zeke, Bell - Superstars.

2: DJ, Kamara, Gordon, Fournette, Barkley - Happy to be RB1.  Either could easily end up in the top 3.

3: Cook, Hunt, Mixon, McKinnon - Low end RB1 that I'd prefer as my RB2.   Each has high end upside.

4: Howard, McCoy, Freeman - Fine RB2s.  Don't have high end upside anymore.

5: Penny, Michel, Guice, Henry, McCaffrey, Drake, Ajayi, Jones, Miller.  The last of the RB2s (for now).

14 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

My updated standard list as of now...

1: Gurley, Zeke, Bell - Superstars.

2: DJ, Kamara, Gordon, Fournette, Barkley - Happy to be RB1.  Either could easily end up in the top 3.

3: Cook, Hunt, Mixon, McKinnon - Low end RB1 that I'd prefer as my RB2.   Each has high end upside.

4: Howard, McCoy, Freeman - Fine RB2s.  Don't have high end upside anymore.

5: Penny, Michel, Guice, Henry, McCaffrey, Drake, Ajayi, Jones, Miller.  The last of the RB2s (for now).

Why so high on Mixon?  I’d rather have Howard or Freeman, maybe even McCoy.

I’m not trolling, would like to hear your argument for him.  I don’t get what he did last year to suggest he has “high-end upside.”  Didn’t they also draft another RB which to me suggests they don’t have 100% confidence in him?  

• Like 1