Homerj24

Anthony Miller 2018 Outlook

9 minutes ago, ReCover said:

While I want to agree with you, wouldn’t Gabriel and/or Cohen also see some looks. It seems the bears rotate big-play players week to week. Any Chicago homers care to chime in?

Miller has been playing out of the slot, with Gabriel and ARob on the outside.  This offense is about scheming people open, and layering plays.  In the first few weeks, Trubisky missed some throws, and Miller dropped a few as well but you can see the connection growing.  Miller's talent is off the charts, and in the next few weeks vs some tougher defenses, I think ARob will take the better CB over all the place with Miller working the middle of the field.

No one in the offense will dominate looks, but on offense they have people running WIDE OPEN down the field so there is fantasy love to be had.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, potatoetree said:

Might be in line for a decent week. Trubisky will be looking to the slot in this matchup.

Im not sure how good Vikes slot CB is but I’m pretty sure AM wont be drawing their top CB. So, even though Minny has a good secondary I’m sure the guys not as good get exploited. I haven’t done an analysis of all slot receivers who played against Vikes because honestly I don’t know all the WRs positions, but I’m pretty sure the slot CB may be someone to target against.

28 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Im not sure how good Vikes slot CB is but I’m pretty sure AM wont be drawing their top CB. So, even though Minny has a good secondary I’m sure the guys not as good get exploited. I haven’t done an analysis of all slot receivers who played against Vikes because honestly I don’t know all the WRs positions, but I’m pretty sure the slot CB may be someone to target against.

A Rob will be blanketed by Rhodes and A Miller will covered by Mackensie Alexander in the slot. 

On paper, this is a very good match-up for the slot with Rhodes shutting down the WR1 and Alexander giving up good numbers to slot receivers this year. 

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, ADDwithFF said:

A Rob will be blanketed by Rhodes and A Miller will covered by Mackensie Alexander in the slot. 

On paper, this is a very good match-up for the slot with Rhodes shutting down the WR1 and Alexander giving up good numbers to slot receivers this year. 

This was my thinking as well. I actually think Miller will outpoint ARoB this week, unless ARob manages to get a TD. 

3 minutes ago, ADDwithFF said:

Thanks Brother....you sound like you know what you are talking about, so I’m now SERIOUSLY considering AMiller vs. KGolladay for my flex position this week. 

5 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Thanks Brother....you sound like you know what you are talking about, so I’m now SERIOUSLY considering AMiller vs. KGolladay for my flex position this week. 

Well, with Marvin Jones looking to be out this week, Golladay should see a lot of targets again. IMO, he is a safer play (even though DET offense is sputtering while CHI offense is rolling). Tough call there...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ADDwithFF said:

Well, with Marvin Jones looking to be out this week, Golladay should see a lot of targets again. IMO, he is a safer play (even though DET offense is sputtering while CHI offense is rolling). Tough call there...

Yeah, that is what makes FF so interesting...these tough calls.  To be honest, I’m not too concerned about this week as I am looking down the road a bit. I don’t like to get ahead of myself but I think no matter who I put in this week..KG or AM (after what you said) I should do okay (no guarantee of course). 

Im looking at weeks 14-16 in particular, so both KG and AM are now being analyzed for who can I trust down the stretch the most. Of course match ups are important too, but I’ve noticed this around the league....slot receivers usually don’t have a GREAT or the best CB covering them. So, if you have a very good slot WR like Thielen, Tate, and hopefully Miller, these guys seem to have a BETTER likelihood of producing.  

Im watching very closely..........

1 minute ago, TennisMenace said:

Yeah, that is what makes FF so interesting...these tough calls.  To be honest, I’m not too concerned about this week as I am looking down the road a bit. I don’t like to get ahead of myself but I think no matter who I put in this week..KG or AM (after what you said) I should do okay (no guarantee of course). 

Im looking at weeks 14-16 in particular, so both KG and AM are now being analyzed for who can I trust down the stretch the most. Of course match ups are important too, but I’ve noticed this around the league....slot receivers usually don’t have a GREAT or the best CB covering them. So, if you have a very good slot WR like Thielen, Tate, and hopefully Miller, these guys seem to have a BETTER likelihood of producing.  

Im watching very closely..........

My opinion can change over the next couple of weeks depending on targets and production, but as it stands right now, I like the weeks 14-16 match-ups for AM (LAR, GB, @SF) a little more than KG (@ARI, @BUF, MIN). I also like the CHI offense much more than the DET offense. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ADDwithFF said:

My opinion can change over the next couple of weeks depending on targets and production, but as it stands right now, I like the weeks 14-16 match-ups for AM (LAR, GB, @SF) a little more than KG (@ARI, @BUF, MIN). I also like the CHI offense much more than the DET offense. 

Wow......I had forgotten about KGs playoff schedule. Yikes....it doesn’t get any worse than that, especially if he draws the opponents top CBs....Peterson, Rhodes, and I forgot the great Bills CB....is it Smith....those are some super heavy weights. Yikes.....Gulp! 

Edited by TennisMenace

2 minutes ago, mjb03003 said:

Tre'Davious White. 

Thanks mate. I knew Tre was the first name although I forgot about Davious.......I knew the last name was a common name too, so I went with Smith. Pretty common, wouldn’t you say?  Lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Thanks mate. I knew Tre was the first name although I forgot about Davious.......I knew the last name was a common name too, so I went with Smith. Pretty common, wouldn’t you say?  Lol

For sure, I know you had it somewhere in the back of your head, just needed a little assist. Cheers. 

6 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I’m happy with the td....but only one target into the third quarter is concerning. 

Yeah... he has been on the the field almost every offensive play though. The ball is getting spread around a lot. 

He should get a couple more looks.  

Drop for me since he was a stash and I’m going to use his spot for one of the guys on bye (Elijah or Gost)

Hard to base much off this game, the Bears never trailed and were pretty much just trying to control the clock all night.

I believe in the talent but this offense is impossible to predict outside of Cohen.  They just spread it out too much. The snap  % looked really good and obviously the TD is nice if you want some positives.

edit: Even Cohen didn’t have a good game. Yikes. 

Edited by Yanksfan06

Bears passing attack is tricky to predict, and Trubisky may sit so now we have the added unknown of Chase Daniel behind center. 

However... Miller has proven to have a very steady floor this season. Since the Bears bye week (week 5):

Week 6 - 1/29/1 (4 targets)

Week 7 - 2/35/0 (7 targets)

Week 8 - 3/37/1 (7 targets)

Week 9 - 5/49/0 (6 targets)

Week 10 - 5/122/1 (6 targets)

Week 11 - 2/25/1 (3 targets)

The Lions secondary has been getting roasted lately, including by Miller in his career best game (see Week 10 above). 

Here are some of the notable games the Lions secondary has allowed since week 5:

Marquez Valdes-Scantling - 7/68/1 (10 targets)

Davante Adams - 9/140/1 (12 targets)

Equanimeous St. Brown - 3/89/0 (5 targets)

Danny Amendola - 6/84/1 (7 targets)

David Moore - 4/97/1 (4 targets)

Tyler Lockett - 2/34/1 (2 targets)

Allen Robinson - 6/133/2 (8 targets)

Anthony Miller - 5/122/1 (6 targets)

D.J. Moore - 7/157/1 (8 targets)

Curtis Samuel - 5/55/1 (7 targets)

That is a LOT of TDs allowed to wide receivers...

Slay is back for the Lions, but he should be on Robinson primarily. Even if Miller does draw Slay at times, Slay hasn't really been his dominant self of late. 

2 minutes ago, SvanE42 said:

Anyone rolling Miller out tomorrow?  Lots of short passes from Chase Daniels in order? 

Sitting him for Sutton and DJ Moore.

Will be starting Cohen though.