thecomebackkid907

Jalen Beeks LHP Red Sox

20 hours ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Also read where he’s modified his delivery to throw with less effort

anyone have a good highlight video on this recent change?

Price, Rodriguez, and Pomeranz have 5+ ERAs.  The team is winning so these guys will have a long leash. 

When are the deadlines that get the club another year?  Maybe he'll get a shot then?

after reading a few of this posts from very knowledgeable posters and a couple forum heavy hitters-ive been watching the archivs of all of beeks starts-one poster mentioned how his entire arsenal has become one effective unit couldnt be more on point-beeks throws all 4 pitches every inning-his changup is off the charts good as his knockout punch pitch

I think i found tge article that jack sarna mentioned about 2015 relying on 2 pitches then 2016 losing his changup and so on-that was a great catch as to what could have led to his walks in those times-the quote I found from it was this... 

"In '15, he had a really good feel for his fastball and changeup. In '16, his breaking balls took a little bit of a step forward and he didn't have quite as good of a feel for his changeup. And he put it altogether in '17 and really added to his pitchability and fastball command and deception

heres the link 

https://goo.gl/39ReeB

Edited by My Roy Williams Tramp Stam
  • Like 3

David Price has been scratched from his scheduled start Wednesday versus the Yankees due to numbness in his left hand.

Price experienced the same sort of numbing sensation in his hand last month. And while he didn't wind up missing a turn in the rotation, the 32-year-old southpaw has posted an 8.47 ERA over his last three starts. Rick Porcello will pitch in Price's place Wednesday at Yankee Stadium. Price is headed for tests.
Related: Rick Porcello

May 8 - 5:09 PM

Just saying. 

45 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

David Price has been scratched from his scheduled start Wednesday versus the Yankees due to numbness in his left hand.

Price experienced the same sort of numbing sensation in his hand last month. And while he didn't wind up missing a turn in the rotation, the 32-year-old southpaw has posted an 8.47 ERA over his last three starts. Rick Porcello will pitch in Price's place Wednesday at Yankee Stadium. Price is headed for tests.
Related: Rick Porcello

May 8 - 5:09 PM

Just saying. 

Beeks’ next scheduled start is tomorrow morning (oddly at 10:30am for some reason) so I’ll be curious to see if he gets scratched. I’m adding in redrafts all over the place just in case. I’m intrigued- he’s putting up video game stats at Triple A.

Pomeranz struggling right now with some sort of fingernail/blister issue. If he’s also forced to be pulled here tonight, I’ll wager Beeks will be scratched tomorrow

Pomeranz has stayed in....and settled down.  But still wouldn’t be shocked to hear of some move with the injury issues now

Well, he didn’t get scratched from this start, which would have been the most ideal. Thankfully, he also didn’t hurt his chances moving forward here. Trains keeps on moving.

Name IP H R BB SO ERA
Jalen Beeks 5.0 4 1 1 6 1.72

He did a nice job and he didn’t have all of his pitches tonight. Looked like he was struggling finding a feel for his changeup, his curveball, cutter wasn’t as used tonight. But he worked through, got six innings. Again, he didn’t have his best overall mix, that was one of things he is still able to get through the lineup a few times and very impressive on his part… I thought there was there was some little more fastball velocity tonight. But other than that, his secondary pitches, they weren’t as reliable as we have seen in the past.

Beeks’s final line was 6 innings allowing two earned runs on 4 base hits and two walks with 7 strikeouts which makes him the Minor League leader in strikeouts.

The fact that Beeks was able to get by without his best stuff speaks to how he has matured as a pitcher with an ability to get hitters out with a veteran type of mindset working hitters to get them out.

earlier in the article it said he got knocked around a bit. I was expecting to see 5 ER but his final line was fine. I guess he struggled with his pitches a bit. 

38 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

He did a nice job and he didn’t have all of his pitches tonight. Looked like he was struggling finding a feel for his changeup, his curveball, cutter wasn’t as used tonight. But he worked through, got six innings. Again, he didn’t have his best overall mix, that was one of things he is still able to get through the lineup a few times and very impressive on his part… I thought there was there was some little more fastball velocity tonight. But other than that, his secondary pitches, they weren’t as reliable as we have seen in the past.

Beeks’s final line was 6 innings allowing two earned runs on 4 base hits and two walks with 7 strikeouts which makes him the Minor League leader in strikeouts.

The fact that Beeks was able to get by without his best stuff speaks to how he has matured as a pitcher with an ability to get hitters out with a veteran type of mindset working hitters to get them out.

earlier in the article it said he got knocked around a bit. I was expecting to see 5 ER but his final line was fine. I guess he struggled with his pitches a bit. 

6 innings 2 earned runs and 7Ks, id take that everyday on my fantasy team and that was without his best stuff?

Im in

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rrrrich46 said:

Any Boston locals hearing anything about call-up timing?

Surprisingly, he’s never even mentioned around here. Didn’t really have much hype coming into the year either. Baseball chatter around here has basically been all about mookie crushing the ball, or David price playing fortnite. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rrrrich46 said:

My opinion - I'd call him up right NOW to take Pomenanz's spot. 

6 hours ago, rrrrich46 said:

BigBatTheory  can give a detailed answer to this. Haven't seen him around today, but I'm sure he'll chime in when he comes around.

3 hours ago, duke of queens said:

I saw Pomeranz's start is being pushed back, any chance Beeks is on the move?

I would love to see Beeks come up and get a shot. They said they were pushing Pom back to give him an extra day of rest. 

• Like 1

Pomeranz has been bad.  Unwatchable bad.  Too many pitches, not getting deep into games, etc.  Still-the way the other starters have been throwing, bullpen isn't taxed right now-they're still winning, and they gave up enough for him to give him a long leash.  I'd love to see Beeks up, and he MAY be the next up, though Wright/Johnson could throw a wrench in that.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrMartyBarrett said:

Pomeranz has been bad.  Unwatchable bad.  Too many pitches, not getting deep into games, etc.  Still-the way the other starters have been throwing, bullpen isn't taxed right now-they're still winning, and they gave up enough for him to give him a long leash.  I'd love to see Beeks up, and he MAY be the next up, though Wright/Johnson could throw a wrench in that.

Wright's been pretty bad himself and Johnson was bad until recently. Beeks is already on the 40 man so I assume it helps a little.

• Like 1

We have 3 bench spots in my limited keeper (keep 10 max). I generally use them for top prospects close to the majors.

About to give Beeks the recently vacated  spot #3 

limited amount of moved i can make per week...is this guy gonna start for the Sox this week? want to pounce b/c wire is bare! haha

40 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

limited amount of moved i can make per week...is this guy gonna start for the Sox this week? want to pounce b/c wire is bare! haha

He just pitched last night so probably not.