thecomebackkid907

Jalen Beeks LHP Red Sox

Last 2 outings haven’t been as dominant. I’m wondering if some of the hitters are catching on to him. It’s been noted he hasn’t had his best stuff his last 2 times out but he has still pitched pretty good. 

1 hour ago, LarryDavid said:

Well, here’s to hoping Pomeranz gets rocked by the Braves today and Beeks keeps it going in his night start. 

didn't last four

Pomeranz was not just walking guys, he was missing by feet. 90 mph lazy fastball, not the same guy IMO. Looks hurt, or uninterested. No confidence. 

Final line, 3.1 IP, 6 H, 3 BB, 5 ER.  :D

Edited by LarryChip10

1 hour ago, LarryChip10 said:

Pomeranz was not just walking guys, he was missing by feet. 90 mph lazy fastball, not the same guy IMO. Looks hurt, or uninterested. No confidence. 

Final line, 3.1 IP, 6 H, 3 BB, 5 ER.  :D

Dude has looked hurt all year. 

2 hours ago, 96mnc said:

Dude has looked hurt all year. 

Getting another start, says Cora

I thought it was going to be an injured Price that Beeks replaces but now my money is on Pomeranz. Sox can’t afford to play around with letting their 5th starter get blasted every time out if they want to hold off the Yankees. 

Beeks went 6innings, 4 earned, 4BBs, 8Ks.

I watched the start and he didn’t have his best stuff. Weirdly, this sort of start actually made me feel better about him long term. Even more so when he gets to the bigs. I think most guys are going to have days they aren’t throwing their best stuff, and they need to figure out how to get through.

He gave up 2 homers tonight. They scored 3 in the 2nd inning and 1 in the 3rd. After that point, they didn’t score. The Ks again were the best part for our guy here. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LarryDavid said:

Beeks went 6innings, 4 earned, 4BBs, 8Ks.

I watched the start and he didn’t have his best stuff. Weirdly, this sort of start actually made me feel better about him long term. Even more so when he gets to the bigs. I think most guys are going to have days they aren’t throwing their best stuff, and they need to figure out how to get through.

He gave up 2 homers tonight. They scored 3 in the 2nd inning and 1 in the 3rd. After that point, they didn’t score. The Ks again were the best part for our guy here. 

Did he look like he was trying out a pitch or anything new?  Possible he might just be bored with AAA and needs a new challenge to regain focus.  

• Haha 1

On 5/26/2018 at 1:46 PM, LarryDavid said:

Well, here’s to hoping Pomeranz gets rocked by the Braves today and Beeks keeps it going in his night start. 

I agree that like said above, knuckleballer Steven Wright is most definitely next up and has looked really good cleaning up Pomeranz' messes of late.

After him is probably Hector Velazquez then Brian Johnson.  Both along with Wright are all in the Sox pen already giving them three starters by trade stuck in the bullpen looking for longer innings which would turn Kevin Cash in TB green with envy.

So absolutely zero buzz at all about Beeks in real life Sox Nation. 

Why?  Don't know but he isn't on the radar in any baseball discussion on sports talk shows or by the NESN booth announcers and/or pre/post game shows or any front office interviews or mention by local reporters that I ever recall.  Compare that with endless discussions over other prospect pitchers in the past most of whom were not only touted by way over the top touted and it is like no one even knows he exists.  Honestly if it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't know he exists either.

Again I have no idea why.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

I agree that like said above, knuckleballer Steven Wright is most definitely next up and has looked really good cleaning up Pomeranz' messes of late.

After him is probably Hector Velazquez then Brian Johnson.  Both along with Wright are all in the Sox pen already giving them three starters by trade stuck in the bullpen looking for longer innings which would turn Kevin Cash in TB green with envy.

So absolutely zero buzz at all about Beeks in real life Sox Nation. 

Why?  Don't know but he isn't on the radar in any baseball discussion on sports talk shows or by the NESN booth announcers and/or pre/post game shows or any front office interviews or mention by local reporters that I ever recall.  Compare that with endless discussions over other prospect pitchers in the past most of whom were not only touted by way over the top touted and it is like no one even knows he exists.  Honestly if it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't know he exists either.

Again I have no idea why.

The only conclusion is it must be intentional to keep his emergence hush hush. Otherwise, why would they not be talking about this guy?

They're in such a good position right now. They got rid of Kopech in the Sale trade but now they have Beeks who's arguably a better quality pitcher than Kopech. Idk, either way, I just wanna see this guy in the majors. I'm glad I found him and could get your guy's attention on here. Literally would not know about him if it wasn't for me scanning the MiLB stats page and noticed he had a sub 1.00 ERA with a ridiculous K/9 in the first couple weeks of the season. 

3 hours ago, thecomebackkid907 said:

The only conclusion is it must be intentional to keep his emergence hush hush. Otherwise, why would they not be talking about this guy?

They're in such a good position right now. They got rid of Kopech in the Sale trade but now they have Beeks who's arguably a better quality pitcher than Kopech. Idk, either way, I just wanna see this guy in the majors. I'm glad I found him and could get your guy's attention on here. Literally would not know about him if it wasn't for me scanning the MiLB stats page and noticed he had a sub 1.00 ERA with a ridiculous K/9 in the first couple weeks of the season. 

Well the Sox aren't trying to keep him hush hush.  And the Boston media is not exactly shy shall we say.   And these days of everything and everyone analyzed by everybody all the other teams know about him and already have a book on him no doubt.  There just simply are three starting pitchers ahead of him in line.  If they all fail and/or everyone gets injured and the Sox need him to contend this year they will use him.  But it would be a long shot at this point.  Maybe next year.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

It would be nice to see him soon.  Its hard to hold on to minor leaguers and compete in my league.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2018 at 7:12 PM, terminator10 said:

Guy is totally wrong and you can tell he is wrong when he even says that if a "spot starter" is needed he is the next man up.  Everyone knows that man is Steven Wright period.  And he is followed by Hector Valazquez if Wright takes over Pomeranz's place in the rotation while Drew goes off to get himself together again.  Then Pomeranz turns around and gets right back in line when he gets himself together again.  This writer knows nothing of the Boston situation.

11 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Guy is totally wrong and you can tell he is wrong when he even says that if a "spot starter" is needed he is the next man up.  Everyone knows that man is Steven Wright period.  And he is followed by Hector Valazquez if Wright takes over Pomeranz's place in the rotation while Drew goes off to get himself together again.  Then Pomeranz turns around and gets right back in line when he gets himself together again.  This writer knows nothing of the Boston situation.

It's a shame as it would be really nice to see what Beeks could do in the majors now, but there's too many mediocre pitchers in his way unfortunately. Maybe someday...

Beeks scratched from his start today in AAA. An option to replace Drew Pomeranz in the Red Sox rotation for Thursday's start.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, davidgoretiz said:

Beeks scratched from his start today in AAA. An option to replace Drew Pomeranz in the Red Sox rotation for Thursday's start.

Pomeranz reportedly felt the injury after his last start, and the Red Sox aren't going to take any chances with the left-hander. Brandon Workman will reportedly get the call-up to replace Pomeranz on the 25 man roster. The southpaw was scheduled to start on Thursday, but there's no word on who will start that game now.

• Like 1