murraygd13

May Closer Thread 2018

Just now, InMyBagYo said:

Is Holland really worth rostering? It seems Norris has run away with the closing gig. 

No. I don't see why he would be rostered in any league.

• Like 2

I say WTAF Kapler. Ramos strikes out Schoop and Trumbo, and Kapler couldn't leave him in to face Davis with a 4-1 lead. come on. I could see maybe a 1 run lead, but it was a 3 run lead and it was terrible AVG Chris Davis. if Kapler can't leave in Ramos after striking out 2 batters then how could he have confidence in Ramos to close in the future. hashtag ridiculous.

I see this explanation from Kapler.

https://www.mlb.com/news/edubray-ramos-hector-neris-both-pitch-ninth/c-277015348

"I actually think it's just the opposite," said Kapler, who likes how Neris' splitter plays against lefties. "I think we're playing what we believe is most likely to happen.

"Let's be very clear. I just want to be clear about one thing: This is about the talent of the players. Once we've established the talent of the players, we want to really know what that talent looks like. So we know that Ramos' slider is very effective against right-handed hitters. It's been true for over a year. So we give him that opportunity. That creates that confidence. He's going to walk out of there feeling like a million bucks.

"Guess who else is going to feel like a million bucks? Hector Neris. He just got a huge out for us. It's not always going to work out like this. But this is what we believe, putting our pitchers in the best positions to have success."

so basically Kapler doesn't think that Ramos can get out left handed batters. Ramos may have confidence against RH batters but lets be very clear because Kapler apparently wants to be clear about things, so why should Ramos have any confidence in getting out LH batters when the manager removes him for someone else.

`

Edited by SpecialFNK
  • Like 1

So the best reliever is Seranthony Dominguez.

23 minutes ago, SpecialFNK said:

I say WTAF Kapler. Ramos strikes out Schoop and Trumbo, and Kapler couldn't leave him in to face Davis with a 4-1 lead. come on. I could see maybe a 1 run lead, but it was a 3 run lead and it was terrible AVG Chris Davis. if Kapler can't leave in Ramos after striking out 2 batters then how could he have confidence in Ramos to close in the future. hashtag ridiculous.

I see this explanation from Kapler.

https://www.mlb.com/news/edubray-ramos-hector-neris-both-pitch-ninth/c-277015348

so basically Kapler doesn't think that Ramos can get out left handed batters. Ramos may have confidence against RH batters but lets be very clear because Kapler apparently wants to be clear about things, so why should Ramos have any confidence in getting out LH batters when the manager removes him for someone else.

`

If Ramos is a competitor, he will seek to prove to his manager that he can get lefties out (because he will get opportunities to do so) and that there's no need to remove him against a lefty in a key situation. 

I hate you, Gabe Kapler. ?

• Like 1

Just now, Dislimb said:

I hate you, Gabe Kapler. ?

Your not on his Christmas card list either.

• Haha 2

Ken Giles with 6 saves so far. Seems as if his job is safe for now. I have Peacock just in case he implodes though. 

1 hour ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

ill tell you what

Brewers would be extremely dangerous team if they got to the playoffs

bullpen is Royals WS team level

Very underrated pen with Jeffress, Hader, Albers and Knebel (when he gets back into things). Barnes has shown some nice things too!

How about what Kapler did today with Ramos/Neris haha. 

“Here hector get this last out so you can feel like a closer again”. 

Edrubay could be top 10 ROS he has that good of stuff if his manager wasn’t a dummy

Braves took the lead here in the bottom of the 8th, Viz threw yesterday and gave it up. Minter just threw the top of the 8th..

Does winky get the call? 

Vizcaino warming up bottom 8 2-1 Braves runners at the corners 1 out, how about a double play.  I want the Cubs to break him

• Like 1

Winkler is not warming in the Braves pen. Freeman and Viz are. Freeman would likely come in if the lead is extended to a non save opp. Viz obviously if it remains one. 

Unfrigging real another bases loaded walk 4-1 Braves get an out sCrUBS!!!!

Ok inning over, Vizzy coming in for the Cubs rally

The breaking of the Cubs is now complete...

Viz is the closer...nothing to see here unless he blows 3 straight

• Like 1

7 hours ago, knuckleheads said:

What Kapler did today was pretty smart.  See if it works now but the attempt makes sense.

Why was it smart? It's a 3 run lead with nobody on base.  Was the lefty going to score 3 runs by himself with the bases empty? 

Edited by kittenmittons

Vizcaino looked awesome just now, hitting 98mph with tons of movement. He now has a 2.6ERA  with  more K's than innings. I have absolutely no idea what the Braves are expecting or wanting here. 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, kittenmittons said:

Why was it smart? It's a 3 run lead with nobody on base.  Was the lefty going to score 3 runs by himself with the bases empty? 

Because Kepeler is managing egos, not fantasy stats.  Because Neris is sitting at home probably feeling a little better about himself.  Because Kapler may have to call on Neris at some point in the future. 

He put Neris in an a position to succeed when he likely needed it.  All that kind of stuff we don't worry about here...

Edited by knuckleheads
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, knuckleheads said:

Because Kepeler is managing egos, not fantasy stats.  Because Neris is sitting at home probably feeling a little better about himself.  Because Kapler may have to call on Neris at some point in the future. 

He put Neris in an a position to succeed when he likely needed it.  All that kind of stuff we don't worry about here...

I see your point, though I think the boost to Neris' confidence may be overstated.  That said, I don't know the egos and personalities and Kapler does... 

7 minutes ago, kittenmittons said:

I see your point, though I think the boost to Neris' confidence may be overstated.  That said, I don't know the egos and personalities and Kapler does... 

I can't figure out another explanation.  I don't think he would have done this in a tighter situation (say 1 run lead) but rather stick with Ramos to close it out.   We'll see what tomorrow holds...

Edited by knuckleheads