• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
Saucy

Devonta Freeman 2018 Outlook

ha traded for him after week 1 for ajayi and package. only got to use him once in my lineup. that whole thing crashed and burned real quick. 

9 hours ago, MarielJr said:

I literally lost Ajayi and now Freeman...it's been a disgusting season..

And you have a Mariota avatar.

Triple fail.

• Haha 3

Well that sucks....I was able to pick up Michel for cheap so my RB situation ended up being ok despite wasting a 3rd round pick on Freeman.  Looking at the WR's that were available at that point though (Thielen!) makes me sick.

We've got an IR spot so he'll just sit there just in case he comes back and has a big game at end of season....don't want those points going to a potential opponent.

Edited by Luckystrike7

3 minutes ago, Padilla814 said:

Any chance he comes back yet this season? 

I was trying to move past Freeman's monumental bust of a season, but seeing this thread made me relive all the horrors.

I believe he is eligible to come back for Week 15. My best guess is they shut him down if their season is over before then. If they are still competing then there is a chance he plays. I have not heard any injury news but you will probably have wait til it gets closer to Week 15 to get an idea if he plays.

52 minutes ago, King Gonzo said:

I was trying to move past Freeman's monumental bust of a season, but seeing this thread made me relive all the horrors.

I believe he is eligible to come back for Week 15. My best guess is they shut him down if their season is over before then. If they are still competing then there is a chance he plays. I have not heard any injury news but you will probably have wait til it gets closer to Week 15 to get an idea if he plays.

You know it Gonzo.  Thought I was set at Rb drafting Freeman, Cook and Elliott.  Then picked up Conner.  Still 4 and 4.  Weird season.

4for4 still recommending picking this guy up if your 100% making the playoffs. (Albeit for $1) Might be a little early to stash him.

If he's healthy he plays, I don't buy the shut him down if they are out of the playoffs.

The key date here is that while he is eligible to practice in  week 12.  If he starts practicing  in any way, this news will hit Sleeperbot mid-week (~Weds) and that's when he'll get picked up by the majority of owners.  I think the time to stash him will week 11 or prior to practice reports in week 12 (Tuesday)

Edited by Rnock

Just now, Rnock said:

The key date here is that while he is eligible to practice in  week 12.  This news will hit Sleeperbot mid-week (~Weds) and that's when he'll get picked up by the majority of owners.  I think the time to stash him will week 11 or prior to practice reports in week 12 (Tuesday)

I thought he couldn't play until Week 16.

• Like 1

Yep your right week 16. So have to bump up everything I said by 1 week.

You are going to gamble the fantasy championship game on a guy who hasn't played in two months and would be likely worked into a timeshare anyway?  And hold this guy for a month for that "opportunity?"  

Better advice: Don't do it.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, KennyWoo said:

You are going to gamble the fantasy championship game on a guy who hasn't played in two months and would be likely worked into a timeshare anyway?  And hold this guy for a month for that "opportunity?"  

Better advice: Don't do it.

This. But most people who are considering this are unlikely to have the opportunity to use him in the title game anyways

• Like 1

And I thought we were pretty desperate in the Fournette thread. Talking about this guy’s 2018 outlook takes the cake

• Thanks 1

i was lucky enough to grab Lindsay and Chubbs of the WW and drafted J White but Devonta was my first RB taken at the end of the 2nd round. What an utter disappointment to the fans. if he had an average season i would have been happy but getting pretty much 1 loss from week 1 sucks. I hope he gets healthy and i will not draft him again. Good luck to all.

1 minute ago, luckBbrady said:

Royce Freeman (ankle) is practicing Wednesday.

His cousin Devonta wishes him well...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1