Saucy

Devonta Freeman 2018 Outlook

Vaughn Mcclure reporting that he was in jersey at start of practice, then disappeared at start of individual drills and then reappeared later but with his jersey off and getting stretched out. 

So your'e saying there's a chance...goodness him playing this week would really save my A*&, because Bilal Powell doesn't look fun.

Edited by MrPositive

13 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

So your'e saying there's a chance...

giphy.gif

I do hope this is the last week, if they do indeed hold him out

Edited by JCDaly
  • Like 1

As an owner of Coleman and Freeman I hope he sits again this week because I'm not ready for the migraine I get when trying to decide who to start.

• Like 2

I can’t remeber the last time I’ve had a player (2nd round) been this big of a disappointment this quickly not due to a season ending injury. I’m sure there are many examples but I’ve been lucky I guess. Maybe it was just me, but when he was stuffed at the goal line in the opening drive of the season I just knew it was a lost season. There was just something eery about it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

I can’t remeber the last time I’ve had a player (2nd round) been this big of a disappointment this quickly not due to a season ending injury. I’m sure there are many examples but I’ve been lucky I guess. Maybe it was just me, but when he was stuffed at the goal line in the opening drive of the season I just knew it was a lost season. There was just something eery about it.

Plenty of names to go around this year. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

He had a knee problem to end last year which was the one he reaggravated. That + shared backfield + inconsistency week to week + concussion history made him an easy DND even in the 3rd.

Edited by Magoo

1 minute ago, Magoo said:

He had a knee problem to end last year which was the one he reaggravated. That + shared backfield + inconsistency week to week + concussion history made him an easy DND even in the 3rd.

Yea I immediately regretted it after the draft. Oh well. Have to hope he gets healthy and has some use in the future.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, griffin727 said:

Yea I immediately regretted it after the draft. Oh well. Have to hope he gets healthy and has some use in the future.

I get it especially with RB inflation. He does have huge games every year though so hopefully he takes his time so he can crush in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, Sonny_D said:

Plenty of names to go around this year. 

Who? In my  league he has the least points of anyone taken in the first 5 rounds (9.2 fantasy points). Only Leveon Bell has less...obviously (but taking him, you knew there was some risk).  Devonta is a total disaster to teams so far.

1 minute ago, MrPositive said:

Who? In my  league he has the least points of anyone taken in the first 5 rounds (9.2 fantasy points). Only Leveon Bell has less...obviously (but taking him, you knew there was some risk).  Devonta is a total disaster to teams so far.

Well you weren't actually playing each week were you? Total points are irrelevant. Fournette and Cook owners aren't a happy bunch right now either. 

6 minutes ago, nromn said:

Well you weren't actually playing each week were you? Total points are irrelevant. Fournette and Cook owners aren't a happy bunch right now either. 

? Dalvin Cook has 36 fantasy points in my league, total. Last time I checked, you win these leagues by scoring points haha

Ok Fournette has 11....who looks like he's gonna suit up with a far more clear injury in my opinion...

And I've never liked the 'well he's hurt, so he's not hurting you' adage. Dude, he's hurting me by not playing! It's kind of hard to win with Bilal Powell.

Edited by MrPositive

3 minutes ago, nromn said:

Yeah Fournette and Cook's ADP were higher than Freeman's

Just now, MrPositive said:

? Dalvin Cook has 36 points in my league total. Last time I checked, you win these leagues by scoring points haha

Ok Fournette has 11....

Glad you are up to date on how fantasy works, which is why you should play someone else that will get you points when you have a guy that is OUT, which we have known far ahead of time in Freemans case. RB's get injured. Would you rather they rush him back so he could potentially get you the 2 points Cook got owners last night?

Its not an ideal situation by any means, but you draft expecting your RB's to miss time.

1 minute ago, nromn said:

Glad you are up to date on how fantasy works, which is why you should play someone else that will get you points when you have a guy that is OUT, which we have known far ahead of time in Freemans case. RB's get injured. Would you rather they rush him back so he could potentially get you the 2 points Cook got owners last night?

Its not an ideal situation by any means, but you draft expecting your RB's to miss time.

You can almost never replace a 1st and 2nd rounder completely. What bothers me in this situation is he seems to lack the desire to even be out there. I don't know what the hell is going in the NFL with Vontae, then Rishard, but this dude literally did an interview after the game (I saw it) and said he's fine and will be out there in week 2. Maybe it flared up, who knows, but Jay Ajayi is playing with a freakin back fracture and Devonta bumped his knee....

9 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Yeah Fournette and Cook's ADP were higher than Freeman's

McKinnon? 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

You can almost never replace a 1st and 2nd rounder completely. What bothers me in this situation is he seems to lack the desire to even be out there. I don't know what the hell is going in the NFL with Vontae, then Rishard, but this dude literally did an interview after the game (I saw it) and said he's fine and will be out there in week 2. Maybe it flared up, who knows, but Jay Ajayi is playing with a freakin back fracture and Devonta bumped his knee....

Hm I think that's going a little overboard, who are we to judge their lack of desire to be out there. This was a re aggravation of the MCL/PCL injury he had last year and they signed him to a 6 year extension just last year, of course they're gonna make sure he's right before they play him.

5 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Hm I think that's going a little overboard, who are we to judge their lack of desire to be out there. This was a re aggravation of the MCL/PCL injury he had last year and they signed him to a 6 year extension just last year, of course they're gonna make sure he's right before they play him.

We can absolutely judge anybody's motivation. Why not? And the Falcons are 1-2 by 'saving him', and had almost 0 run game last week. RBs have a short shelf life, so I don't see the use in saving him long term. Hence why Ajayi is putting the helmet on and getting out there. It's just 3.5 weeks now with something he said he was 'ok' with, just freakin sucks, (and you of course have to use a bench spot for him through this entire time). Oh well.

Edited by MrPositive

4 minutes ago, MrPositive said:

We can absolutely judge anybody's motivation. Why not? And the Falcons are 1-2 by 'saving him', and had almost 0 run game last week. RBs have a short shelf life, so I don't see the use in saving him long term. Hence why Ajayi is putting the helmet on and getting out there. It's just 3.5 weeks now with something he said he was 'ok' with, just freakin sucks. Oh well

I saw somewhere that this injury is similar to Doug Baldwin's, but in Freeman's case it's a re-aggravation, should be back soon hopefully.

• Sad 1

I have decent depth so I’m ok with waiting for him to get fully healthy. My concern is whether he will return to a full workload