Saucy

Devonta Freeman 2018 Outlook

On 10/9/2018 at 7:23 PM, Pat Patriot said:

Hate to sell low on the guy but considering offers in standard of James White and the like. What do people think is acceptable value in a trade?

Hope you took that offer

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MrPositive said:

I feel responsible lol :(

No worries on that, no one could foresee his most recent ailment before it was announced. This forum is great for information and educated opinions. I agreed with your assessment and held off. If he were to return to form his value would’ve been higher.

Hopefully he can return close to his old self at some point and I can make that deal in the future. It’s interesting since it’s a shallower 10 team league and he owns Coleman and I own Sony.

1 hour ago, ponchsox said:

Biggest fantasy bust besides Fournette and Howard 

Cook is more of a bust than Howard. Howard was decent til the bucks game

I'm going to say he's at least out through the week 8 bye at minimum. That's my guess anyway.

I feel like we've heard this once too many times...

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports the Falcons do not believe Devonta Freeman's foot injury is a "long-term" concern.

Freeman's status for this week remains up in the air, but it does not sound like he will miss as much time as he did with his knee injury, which cost him three games. Even so, he is coming off an offseason in which he sat out until training camp with a knee issue and has now suffered two injuries in two games. Fantasy players certainly have reason for concern beyond just this week.
Oct 11 - 10:42 AM
  • Like 2

Valuewise, I see this guy as a sell. His name will get some attention but I'm not confident in him getting nice scoring weeks. Personally, I'm trying to trade for Michel

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, g1sk8terz said:

Valuewise, I see this guy as a sell. His name will get some attention but I'm not confident in him getting nice scoring weeks. Personally, I'm trying to trade for Michel

Lol good luck with that, his value closer to Lamar Miller at this point

• Like 1

Just now, g1sk8terz said:

Does the michel owner have a learning disability or ??

• Like 4

So this guy is basically out this week then next week we are probably back to easing him back in with a 3 man committee which is followed by a bye afterwards.

What a bust :(

2 hours ago, urban2014 said:

The optimism is just flowing through here. Cool off

What should they be optimistic about? 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, cheezor42 said:

Does the michel owner have a learning disability or ??

Hahahaha. I sure hope so. I'm just fishing. So far no luck. 

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Lol good luck with that, his value closer to Lamar Odom at this point

fixorated. 

yeah it's a bummer so far, big time. especially for those how invested a high pick on him. 

but it's still not out of the realm that he comes back soon and does fine.

His value isn't high at all and has diminished. The second injury has me concerned but I feel the emergence of Smith and the timeshare along with Coleman will play a big part as well. I guess it depends on your roster as well since I've been shopping him aggressively all week. I finally sold him so I'm glad to be off this train but I wish the rest luck for anyone holding. 

unfortunately can't risk waiting for him on sunday due to now good back ups so i have to sit him over corey clement tonight. if he doesn't get right after his bye on week 8, it's going to be a lost year. 

1 hour ago, brosephd said:

unfortunately can't risk waiting for him on sunday due to now good back ups so i have to sit him over corey clement tonight. if he doesn't get right after his bye on week 8, it's going to be a lost year. 

Clement on a snap count brother, but at this point it's too late lol

Well, it's Friday and he still hasn't been ruled out. I mean he does have a dream matchup if he gives it a go....This game has 45-42 written all over it.

I love the positive thinking, but I think Devonta is done. The leg injuries are catching up to him. It's not like he was awesome even when theoretically healthy in the first game.

The hard part is that he was drafted so high that no one will drop him, so most likely he sticks on the bench with hopes that he has one big game that can be leveraged into a trade.

Of course, the coaches and he will continue to say it's no big deal. Because, what do you expect them to say? Be honest like Baldwin and say that the injury will probably affect him all season long?

8 hours ago, MrPositive said:

Well, it's Friday and he still hasn't been ruled out. I mean he does have a dream matchup if he gives it a go....This game has 45-42 written all over it.

You really want him to play?  He won't make it out of the first quarter.

19 minutes ago, Bastardo! said:

You really want him to play?  He won't make it out of the first quarter.

Weelll, my options are insanely limited :/