WTP333

Mike Soroka 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Soroka already has Sanchez's spot.  Gohara might get some starts now if Teheren misses time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4.1ip 7ks 1er 3h in todays rehab start. i assume he will have one more go in the minors before hes back up. get em' now while you still can. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

4.1ip 7ks 1er 3h in todays rehab start. i assume he will have one more go in the minors before hes back up. get em' now while you still can. 

 

Teheran's injury might push him along a bit faster, actually.  Soroka threw 73 pitches in yesterday's game after throwing 45 in his first rehab start.  He should be fine to go 85+ in his next start, which might end up in Atlanta with Teheran on the DL.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you guys starting him vs. the Shmets or waiting to see how he looks his first start back? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jeremy Childress said:

Soroka is good. I feel good about starting. Not sure if he will be on a pitch count though.

Manager Brian Snitker considered Max Fried and Kolby Allard, but elected to pitch Soroka. The Canadian righty can throw 85-90 pitches, Snitker said Tuesday.

https://www.ajc.com/sports/baseball/mike-soroka-returns-from-first-stint-faces-mets-again/vzN7zA22kAuufYgxE7k3gP/

Edited by DidiFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, DannyMcPot said:

Are you guys starting him vs. the Shmets or waiting to see how he looks his first start back? 

 

I’m not benching anyone against the Mets.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad he is back.  Now I have to play "drop a player" to get him back on my active rosters though. 

 

BTW who is being replaced by Soroko?  I know it isn't Gohara since he is doing the bullpen thing or in the minors or something like that right now.  So who just lost his job to Soroka?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He is going against deGrom, FYI

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Such a young Stud.

 

Going to be Horse for many many years to come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sign him now and you get the next start...good luck with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hate to start a guy on his first outing coming off the DL, so I missed out on this one.

 

Kid looked damn good, even if it was the Mets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He certainly had control issues today and I really think the Mets are that bad. His stat line would’ve looked a lot different if it was against any respectable team today.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Shortnphat said:

He certainly had control issues today and I really think the Mets are that bad. His stat line would’ve looked a lot different if it was against any respectable team today.

I mean I'm only looking at the final line so please forgive me if it's misleading but... only 1 walk in 6.1 IP seems like decent control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Shortnphat said:

He certainly had control issues today and I really think the Mets are that bad. His stat line would’ve looked a lot different if it was against any respectable team today.

What are you talking about? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Glad he is back.  Now I have to play "drop a player" to get him back on my active rosters though. 

 

BTW who is being replaced by Soroko?  I know it isn't Gohara since he is doing the bullpen thing or in the minors or something like that right now.  So who just lost his job to Soroka?

 

I'm guessing it's McCarthy (who's been terrible since his hot start) or Sanchez. Soroka has an unusually high amount of innings for a guy of his age, so the spot is likely his all year if he pitches well. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rrrrich46 said:

Guess I should have activated him. Smh

Me too....

 

36 minutes ago, bigbossman said:

Such a young Stud.

 

Going to be Horse for many many years to come.

You don’t know what his future holds 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Me too....

 

You don’t know what his future holds 

yes i do

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Red Sox Nation said:

 

I'm guessing it's McCarthy (who's been terrible since his hot start) or Sanchez. Soroka has an unusually high amount of innings for a guy of his age, so the spot is likely his all year if he pitches well. 

 

Soroka took Sanchez's spot. McCarthy is still in the rotation. Teheran's in the DL so Sanchez is in the rotation for the time being. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dynasty wise where what tier is he in?  Forget auction or contract leagues. In a straight dynasty format with no salaries where would a talent like him rank considering his age?

 

25-30?

31-40?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GJDHouse said:

Dynasty wise where what tier is he in?  Forget auction or contract leagues. In a straight dynasty format with no salaries where would a talent like him rank considering his age?

 

25-30?

31-40?

Overall? Or as an SP?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.