NYR Fan 116894

Marlon Mack 2018 Outlook

3 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

But the only ones who should get work are Mack (if healthy) & Hines. I would say it’s fairly obvious who the better players are, but you just need to look at GB & the Jones situation to see we just won’t know what the coaches are thinking until the game is played

3 minutes ago, lvsaint429 said:

But the only ones who should get work are Mack (if healthy) & Hines. I would say it’s fairly obvious who the better players are, but you just need to look at GB & the Jones situation to see we just won’t know what the coaches are thinking until the game is played

Can't compare the Packers situation to this. McCarthy had came out multiple times that he likes all 3x RBs and that Williams would "start"... To state that he didn't keep true to his words is a fallacy...

The only ones that kept on screaming for Jones as a lead back are the Fantasy Fooros on your fav ESPN/Yahoo/etc websites

In this case for Mack, we will soon find out what exactly is meant by a "starter" with the Colts.

Edited by Szer0

Just now, Szer0 said:

Can't compare the Packers situation to this. McCarthy had came out multiple times that he likes all 3x RBs and that Williams would "start"... To state that he didn't keep true to his words is a fallacy...

In this case for Mack, we will soon find out what exactly is meant by a "starter" with the Colts.

Not comparing the backfields, only the coachspeak. 

4 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

No tears or tantrums. I’m after facts. It’s not personal. I’m less interested in winning Roto battles than my fantasy battle. Thanks for the info!

Dv7bZ2A_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Just now, lvsaint429 said:

Not comparing the backfields, only the coachspeak. 

Hence, the coach speak at GB being consistent with what you see on the field... A 3-man rotation

Just now, lolcopter said:

Dv7bZ2A_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

Exactly what happens when you're stuck with Hines.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

Hence, the coach speak at GB being consistent with what you see on the field... A 3-man rotation

Hence, all I’m saying is let’s see him follow through on making Mack the guy, that’s all. We can see who’s more talented & should be playing more, in both backfields. You would think they would too 

A reminder, team and league specific roster and trade advice is not permissable in the player threads. It will be removed from said threads. Please take such content to the AC Forum. 

• Sad 1

Good grief. So much weeping and gnashing of teeth and arguing in this thread. Lol. It's fine to speculate, but none of us really knows what will happen until they strap it up Sunday. 

I get what Reich said about Mack. But if I had a nickle for every time a coach made a public statement about his team and then did the opposite...I'd have a crapload of nickles and probably would find something better to do than hang out on a FF forum. LOL. I honestly don't care what Reich said...I care what he will do. And we'll get a glimpse of that on Sunday. Maybe Mack becomes the bellcow...maybe it's a full-blown committee...maybe Hines still catches a lot of passes...maybe Hines only gets 15 snaps. Who knows at this point? Heck, would it really shock anyone if Jordan Wilkins put up a 20-100-1 line? It would be pretty typical, right? So much consternation and arguing about Mack and Hines, only to see another player in the backfield go off and just screw everybody up. Sounds about right. Lol. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Flyman75 said:

Good grief. So much weeping and gnashing of teeth and arguing in this thread. Lol. It's fine to speculate, but none of us really knows what will happen until they strap it up Sunday. 

Could not agree more.  But I think that’s every single thread on this forum.  

Maybe not the Saquan Barkley thread.  Because he’s just awesome.  Gurley is cool, too.  

25 minutes ago, poofinger said:

Could not agree more.  But I think that’s every single thread on this forum.  

Maybe not the Saquan Barkley thread.  Because he’s just awesome.  Gurley is cool, too.  

Don't forget CMac.  All the critics have departed for the winter.  

• Haha 1

He isnt the sexiest add.....

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Proto24 said:

Holy committee

Wow that is literally the complete opposite of what I wanted to hear. Lol. Outlook looking bleak. 

I'm sticking with the "Mack is the lead back" and should get the majority of the carries scenario until proven otherwise.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Anybody else probably starting this joker on Sunday? Don't have much choice due to injuries.

1 hour ago, nonstopfan said:

I'm sticking with the "Mack is the lead back" and should get the majority of the carries scenario until proven otherwise.

We are always together in this trash can Backs situation since the Buck Allen days... Glad to see you here too :lol:

He'll have the opportunity to be lead back.  If he stays healthy and produces, he'll stay the lead back.

There's two big problems with him: health and vision. 

Hopefully, he's past his health problems.

Hopefully, he's learned, or learning, to be more patient and not bounce outside immediately to try for a homerun on every carry.

We'll see.  I give it 40/60 shot, but that's why we were able to pick him up this week.

He's more unlikely than likely to be useful, but it's a great pick up if he pans out.  Worth rostering for a few weeks to see what happens. 

5 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

We are always together in this trash can Backs situation since the Buck Allen days... Glad to see you here too :lol:

You say it like he doesn't play anymore :lol:

2 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

You say it like he doesn't play anymore :lol:

He does, but the haters got to almost zero. No excitement there now:lol:

You’d have to be desperate to start anyone in this backfield.  Hines should be a flex in PPR (for now). The rest are stashes...

It’s a RBBC until proven otherwise.  Doesn’t Mack have the best chance of breaking out of the RBBC? Yes

I’m not sure the Colts can afford to run the ball much this season.  They need Lucks heroics to stay in games.  The injuries have devastated this roster... they’ll be playing from behind (almost always).

Mack was pretty good in the passing game in 2017.  He needs to outperform Hines, and take that role.

Mark this post. Marlon Mack will be the guy by week 10.

Hammy injuries aren't easy. Just ask Saquon Barkley, who missed the entire preseason with a hammy injury.

Just have to let it heal. (Ask Fournette.)

50 minutes ago, bsong71 said:

Mark this post. Marlon Mack will be the guy by week 10.

Hammy injuries aren't easy. Just ask Saquon Barkley, who missed the entire preseason with a hammy injury.

Just have to let it heal. (Ask Fournette.)

He might be the guy week 6. 

• Like 2

"Last year, Mack was rated #2 for his breakaway run rate and #14 for his juke rate (playerprofiler.com). He was rated #9 for yards against stacked boxes. The point is this: Mack has breakaway ability, can truck and juke, and can fight through negative game script and a stacked box. These data combined with his role as a first and second down back is promising"

Found this interesting.

• Like 1