NYR Fan 116894

Marlon Mack 2018 Outlook

Marlon Mack (ankle) was downgraded to "DNP" on Thursday.

It's possible Mack is just getting extra treatment, but mid-week downgrades are never good news. For now, Mack should be considered genuinely questionable. The Colts would return to a three- or four-man committee in Mack's potential absence against the Raiders. If Mack can go, he will be an RB1 against the Raiders' soft and tanking defense.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Good news for luck owners. Not good for mack owners. He looks like a good back, never seems to be able to stay on the field though.

He came back just in time to put up 30 points against my team. Now he's hurt again. He should have just stayed hurt.

1 minute ago, Panamared said:

And people told me not to panic yesterday.

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5bd204814143667951

Edited by ff062018

DNP doesn’t automatically mean he won’t play. People are acting like it’s a foregone conclusion now. They could legitimately just be resting him since they play Oakland and he already has a history of injury. I think resting him is wise considering all the facts. Obviously there’s still a chance he doesn’t play, but at no point did he appear to be injured in that game. Can’t see it being a severe ankle injury 

• Thanks 1

He's just getting treatment today, he finished the game his final TD came with like 6 min left in 4th quarter, not a peep about an injury so obviously his ankle was just tender and they didnt wanna overwork him in practice as he's now their bellcow.

If he doesnt get limited in on Friday and beat writers suggest he will sit then post the crying gifs but from where I am sitting he should play. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

He's just getting treatment today, he finished the game his final TD came with like 6 min left in 4th quarter, not a peep about an injury so obviously his ankle was just tender and they didnt wanna overwork him in practice as he's now their bellcow.

If he doesnt get limited in on Friday and beat writers suggest he will sit then post the crying gifs but from where I am sitting he should play. 

i normally agree, but it's the downgrade i'm concerned with, and it doesn't fit the narrative of getting treatment.  if he was a DNP yesterday and today, i wouldn't be concerned.  but that he was limited and then a DNP that is concerning.  and has my ears tingling for news tomorrow. 

1 minute ago, DoomedRBs said:

Dont take a chance, they should rest him till after his Bye

nooo i need him this week :( 

4 minutes ago, Panthor said:

i normally agree, but it's the downgrade i'm concerned with, and it doesn't fit the narrative of getting treatment.  if he was a DNP yesterday and today, i wouldn't be concerned.  but that he was limited and then a DNP that is concerning.  and has my ears tingling for news tomorrow. 

Well all owners should be concerned, I just feel there isn't a reason to panic because there isnt any evidence that suggest this is an injury that would keep him sidelined. 

He was limited in practice yesterday and his ankle probably flared up a bit so treatment today makes sense.  A few days of treatment with NFL sports doctors makes a huge difference.  They will tape him up for Sunday and work him out, if he looks reasonable he should be a go.  Not buying he's sitting due to the Raiders 'tanking', that just isn't a thing in NFL week 8 lol Indy isn't resting players who are able to play.  If he can cut he will play. 

Edited by Zak0221

It’s only Thursday. I’m concerned about the downgrade, but not panicking yet. Maybe he started out practicing yesterday but it got sore & they cut him short? Then a treatment day today? My fingers are crossed we see him in the walkthrough Saturday

The Return of the Mack was short-lived 

24 minutes ago, Zak0221 said:

Nah, the concern is a practice injury, not from the game.

The injury could have came Wednesday, hence limited since he didn’t practice the entire time and now he’s DNP. That’s how midweek injuries usually work.

Withr the open date, maybe he’s held out. The bad thing is what makes us think Indy doesn’t go right back to a four-man committee in week 10 when Turbin is expected back

Why are people talking a 4 man committee? Turbin isn’t playing and Wilkens is solidified trash. If Mack doesn’t play, Heines would get most the touches. 

Should Mack owners add Jordan Wilkins as a plug and play if Mack doesn't go?  The Raiders' run defense is awful.

6 minutes ago, sjm76 said:

Should Mack owners add Jordan Wilkins as a plug and play if Mack doesn't go?  The Raiders' run defense is awful.

I'd probably roll with Hines instead

I have a feeling they're being cautious with him as opposed to this being something new. Didn't he get a limited practice in yesterday? What if today was his "Wednesday day off"? 

Edited by kidsgotsoul
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

I have a feeling they're being cautious with him as opposed to this being something new. Didn't he get a limited practice in yesterday? What if today was his "Wednesday day off"? 

don't think that is how it is typically done.  activity is increased as the week goes, not decreased or ceased in the middle only to start up again the next day.  don't think i've ever heard of that being a plan of action going into a week.