NYR Fan 116894

Marlon Mack 2018 Outlook

11 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

I have a feeling they're being cautious with him as opposed to this being something new. Didn't he get a limited practice in yesterday? What if today was his "Wednesday day off"? 

yeah he did - so the injury most likely occurred then I would think. 

20 minutes ago, Panthor said:

don't think that is how it is typically done.  activity is increased as the week goes, not decreased or ceased in the middle only to start up again the next day.  don't think i've ever heard of that being a plan of action going into a week. 

Frank Reich is an innovator

• Haha 1

I also believe today is a personal maintenance day. If it was serious no way they have him practice at all this week. If they knew about the ankle injury, why would they have him practice at all? He went through what he needed to go through and got today off to get closer to 100 for Sunday's must win game against Oakland. Now that he has proven to be the feature back on that team, you give him the time he needs. Nobody is running the ball like him on that team and he opens things up for Andrew. 

12 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

I also believe today is a personal maintenance day. If it was serious no way they have him practice at all this week. If they knew about the ankle injury, why would they have him practice at all? He went through what he needed to go through and got today off to get closer to 100 for Sunday's must win game against Oakland. Now that he has proven to be the feature back on that team, you give him the time he needs. Nobody is running the ball like him on that team and he opens things up for Andrew. 

Or the injury occurred in practice..

20 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Maintenance day usually on Wednesday 

I’ll wait until tomorrow to panic. None of us are a part of an NFL team staff so I don’t really get the posts being so declarative about how “that isn’t how it’s done” regarding maintenance of a players health.

If Mack's ankle injury wasn't an issue to be concerned about, he would at least have gotten in a limited practice today.  I'm a Mack owner who was stoked after last week's game and looking forward to starting him this week in a must-win matchup in my league until I heard today's news.  Not sure I can trust him now even if he ends up playing.

1 hour ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Or he aggravated/injured something in practice on Wednesday. Teams don't usually have a maintenance day for players following a practice day. Wednesday is what they use those for.

Or he would have been out yesterday AND today if it was strictly rest related.

Edited by Deadpool
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, kidsgotsoul said:

I’ll wait until tomorrow to panic. None of us are a part of an NFL team staff so I don’t really get the posts being so declarative about how “that isn’t how it’s done” regarding maintenance of a players health.

well go ahead and look through the years for cases where maintenance days are in between practice days.  pretty widely accepted that a downgrade to DNP due to an injury on thursday or friday after full or limited practice leading up to that designation isn't a good sign.  there is no other way to spin it.  you don't need to be on NFL staff to know that.  does it mean he won't play this week no absolutely not,  he can still come back limited tomorrow and play sunday, but this development is not a positive and certainly can't be put in that phantom injury rest a player category

Edited by Panthor

1 minute ago, Panthor said:

well go ahead and look through the years for cases where maintenance days are in between practice days.  pretty widely accepted that a downgrade to DNP due to an injury on thursday or friday after full or limited practice leading up to that designation isn't a good sign.  there is no other way to spin it.  you don't need to be on NFL staff to know that.  does it mean he won't play this week no absolutely not,  he can still come back limited tomorrow and play sunday, but this development is not a positive and certainly can't be put in that phantom injury rest a player category

Like I said, I’ll panic tomorrow if I need to when we get more news.

• Like 1

I'm not an actual physician, I just play one in here. Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst. Simple as that. If Mack can't go, its next man up. Does Indy need him to beat Oakland? Are they shutting him down until after the bye? Your guess is as good as mine. 

25 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

I'm not an actual physician, I just play one in here. Hoping for the best, prepared for the worst. Simple as that. If Mack can't go, its next man up. Does Indy need him to beat Oakland? Are they shutting him down until after the bye? Your guess is as good as mine. 

Paging Dr. Chao

6 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

Paging Dr. Chao

That guy’s so money. Too bad he doesn’t get footage from injuries that happen in practice. 

Such bull**** if he’s out this week. This year has been abnormally brutal with injuries it seems 

9 minutes ago, pjbyrne707 said:

Such bull**** if he’s out this week. This year has been abnormally brutal with injuries it seems 

Abnormal, uhh no.  Last year probably saw the most NFL stars get injured in the last decade.  The year before that was very brutal as well and we are talking season ending injuries, not minor nagging injuries that knock players out for a game or two.

Minor injury wise it has been pretty bad, I've had three weeks straight of injuries knocking my players out of the game and costing me a win.  Watkins and Fuller with hamstrings, Cooper and McCoy with concussions, etc.

• Thanks 1

considering he is 4pm play,unless you have hines, i would consider starting someone else, dnp looks quite bad to me.

12 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Can you tell me next weeks power ball numbers?

9 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Being the only capable runner on a team ain't easy playa

He has 40 carries this year. It’s week 8. His injury prognosis was that he was supposed to be 100% ready by training camp with the torn labrum, didn’t practice all offseason, played sparingly in his first game, got hurt, missed another 4 weeks, played sparingly in week 7, plays his first full load game ever, and immediately the next week misses practice.

I thought you guys were delusional in this thread about his injury history but if you’re not seeing a trend here at this point then you’re really not looking hard enough.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Ruut6 said:

He has 40 carries this year. It’s week 8. His injury prognosis was that he was supposed to be 100% ready by training camp with the torn labrum, didn’t practice all offseason, played sparingly in his first game, got hurt, missed another 4 weeks, played sparingly in week 7, plays his first full load game ever, and immediately the next week misses practice.

I thought you guys were delusional in this thread about his injury history but if you’re not seeing a trend here at this point then you’re really not looking hard enough.

Thanks for your participation!

1 hour ago, Ruut6 said:

The truth hurts sometimes