NYR Fan 116894

Marlon Mack 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

Starting to see good value here.  Hines is almost a cut candidate at this point and Wilkins has been pretty ineffective so far.  I think it's his job once he gets back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Starting to see good value here.  Hines is almost a cut candidate at this point and Wilkins has been pretty ineffective so far.  I think it's his job once he gets back.

I sure hope so.  I drafted him later in my draft to compete for my 2nd rb position.  Hopefully the hamstring injury doesn't linger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RMJ_12 said:

Starting to see good value here.  Hines is almost a cut candidate at this point and Wilkins has been pretty ineffective so far.  I think it's his job once he gets back.

 

Mack is winning a virtual war of attrition here, as per the two rooks ... now, what say us about CMike?

 

Image result for hmmmm gif

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I took him too early in one draft just because he's ranked high on yahoo's draft board and I don't believe in the backs competing with him. I'm worried I might have reached though after looking more closely at his mediocre stats last year. I also took Luck and Hilton in that draft just gambling that this offense will take off with Luck being back. My theory was Mack will take over all the RB stats from last year, and those stats will be even better because Luck is back. Argue with me though, I may have just made a drunken rushed pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He had mediocre stats, sure, but he showed a couple things I was impressed with. His pure running ability and athleticism, mainly. I'm willing to sink a pick into that in an Andrew Luck ran offense and see where it takes me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Colts fan?

I'm a Redskins fan, but Luck has helped me in fantasy in the past and I hope he bounces back this year. I feel like his absence last year has made all the Colts offense undervalued, and I hope I'm right. Still not sure about Mack though, curious where he went in other people's drafts. I took him around 108 (accounting for keepers) which I think may have been too high.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Colts fan?

I don’t think you have to be a Colts fan to believe in this offense rebounding . I’m a Bears fan. But Andy Lucks career average is about 1300 more passing yards and 17 more passing TDs than the team had last year. I’m not a Mack guy personally, but hell yeah am I willing to buy into low-risk, low-cost options like a Ryan Grant and Wilkins in an offense that should at the very least produce much more volume this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Marlon is a cheap high upside rb with no real competition on his team.I grabbed him as a cheap flier due to the hammy issue

1. The Colts didnt add a legit rb in FA

2. The colts didnt add a rb in the draft until the 4th rd

3. Assumming he stays healthy Mack will have the most opportunity because he is the best pass protect in the backfield and has every down skill sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For what the RB situation on this team is, I think he's the guy to own.  He could be a real nice pick for where he's currently going.  Long term bet on the more talented player winning out, and in this group I think he's clearly the most talented RB the Colts have.  There is a clear path to playing time when he's healthy.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, dicka24 said:

For what the RB situation on this team is, I think he's the guy to own.  He could be a real nice pick for where he's currently going.  Long term bet on the more talented player winning out, and in this group I think he's clearly the most talented RB the Colts have.  There is a clear path to playing time when he's healthy.

 

Curious but any reason you don’t think a guy like Wilkins in almost no sample is as talented?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has Mack practiced once this entire offseason?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anything earlier than a top 110 pick imo is foolish for this guy. Still no one of the other colts running backs ran away with the job in the off season. I still think life is too short to bother to roster a colts rb at any price in a 10 or 12 team league. but if he got 14 carries and 3 catches per game he is a top 17 fantasy rb with upside for more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seen him slip past 120 recently. At that range he is a no brainer.  GM loves him, has Luck throwing to him, and the other backs have failed to seize the opportunity while he's been hurt.  He still has pretty high upside if everything falls right.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 rb's no one in my draft wanted

1. Penney

2. Marlon mack

 

both cost me nothing but maybe 1 returns enough  value to trade or start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, dashoe said:

 

Marlon is a cheap high upside rb with no real competition on his team.I grabbed him as a cheap flier due to the hammy issue

1. The Colts didnt add a legit rb in FA

2. The colts didnt add a rb in the draft until the 4th rd

3. Assumming he stays healthy Mack will have the most opportunity because he is the best pass protect in the backfield and has every down skill sets.

 

Sure but this argument has gone around on this thread a few times. The fact of the matter is the Colts had a lot of holes and a finite number of resources. Particularly in the draft. That's like saying the Colts thought Chester rogers and Ryan Grant were a great secondary receiving core because they didn't use a pick.... they couldn't have gotten Saquon and it just wasn't as high of a priority as numerous other spots on their team. FA Money for some of these guys isn't worth it unelss you believe they are the perfect scheme fit. Jordan Wilkins is legitimate enough an investment that I don't think we should be discounting the Colts stance at the RB position because they didn't spend more capital to do anything else. Their roster is still swiss cheese after getting Quenton Nelson and a lot of other fill in Draft picks and FAs. RB was not the position they should've been spending FA money or draft capital on no matter how much they liked Mack. 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, taobball said:

 

Sure but this argument has gone around on this thread a few times. The fact of the matter is the Colts had a lot of holes and a finite number of resources. Particularly in the draft. That's like saying the Colts thought Chester rogers and Ryan Grant were a great secondary receiving core because they didn't use a pick.... they couldn't have gotten Saquon and it just wasn't as high of a priority as numerous other spots on their team. FA Money for some of these guys isn't worth it unelss you believe they are the perfect scheme fit. Jordan Wilkins is legitimate enough an investment that I don't think we should be discounting the Colts stance at the RB position because they didn't spend more capital to do anything else. Their roster is still swiss cheese after getting Quenton Nelson and a lot of other fill in Draft picks and FAs. RB was not the position they should've been spending FA money or draft capital on no matter how much they liked Mack. 

 

 

 

and the end result is that the uncertainty of the Colts entire backfield make it available to draft for nothing or pick up off the waiver without having to have a strong view on the outcome. Assuming Luck returns to some of his former glory means the ball moves downfield and opens up red/endzone opportunities for the primary rb

My bet is on the guy that is in the 2nd yr of the team who played with Gore vs the guys brought in competing for a spot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2018 at 9:53 AM, taobball said:

 

Curious but any reason you don’t think a guy like Wilkins in almost no sample is as talented?

Oh, I'm not saying Wikins is a zero talent.  He's a rookie and I/we haven't seen him in a real game yet.  I have seen Mack a bit from last year and he showed some flashes of ability at times.  It could very well be that Wilkins is the more talented guy once the games are played, but based on everything I've read and heard about these players, or seen, the idea seems to be that Mack has the most ability.  That being said,  anything is possible in this group.  My money tho would be on Mack. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think the kids gonna be a steal this year, he has luck, his O-Line is improved. He’s gonna have a really good year IMO if he says healthy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I'd rather him sit this week and get fully healthy.  No sense in rushing it back for week 1 and having a setback.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...