Sign in to follow this  
PhD Gator

Which struggling players to grab off Waiver / FA - WHIR

So there have been a few relatively big name / high draft pick types that have been dropped in my league due to either slow starts or injuries. Which of these would you recommend going after? And who would you drop for them? I'm currently middle of the pack with regards to waiver priority, so no guarantees on the ones that haven't cleared yet. If you could, rank them by order of attractiveness and state which you would go after vs which you wouldn't.

Adrian Beltre - 3b - DL - FA

Jonathan Schoop - 2b - DL - W

Kyle Seager - 3b - W

Michael Conforto - OF - FA

Jake Lamb - 3b - DL - FA

The main issue I'm seeing is that I already have injured studs who are due back relatively soon at 3b and 2b, where 4 of the 5 play. So, I'm afraid it just creates more of a logjam, but at the same time I hate to pass up free talent. Thoughts?

WHIR...leave link

I would definitely grab Conforto as he could provide some solid OF play.  Seager generally starts the season slow, so he and Lamb would be intriguing options.  But there is no way they will start over Arenado, and you have Turner eventually coming back as well, so I probably wouldn't bother with either of those guys.  That also eliminates Beltre.  If Schoop can come back and give any sort of production similar to last year, he would be an upgrade at 2B.  If you could afford to have him and Murphy benched, might be nice to see which of those three pan out the best, and then dump or trade the others.

I think Schoop will be an upgrade over Kinsler. I like Conforto as well. You don’t need Beltre and the others are no upgrades to what you have. Good luck. 

I believe schoop is a clear upgrade.  Conforto wouldn't be bad either.  Lamb would probably be my next choice, but inferior to arenado and equal at best to turner.