smeeze

Michael Gallup 2018 Outlook

No Dez. No Witten. Don't be surprised if Gallup is Dallas' #1 WR by the end of the season.

d1e5FOw.png

Like this dude a lot.  Very productive career at Colorado State.  Dallas' receving corp outside of Gallup is very pedestrian.  Williams isn't good, Beasley is a move the chains slot guy, and defenses seemed to key on him last year as Dak's go to.  Allen Hurns is a serviceable #2.  The Dallas run game should be top notch once again, leaving Gallup 1on1 probably almost all the time.  I think he has a real chance to be the most productive rookie WR this year.

• Like 1

Isn't he basically Terence Williams 2.0?

14 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I like him a lot more than Williams which isn’t necessarily saying much since Williams stinks out loud.

30 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Better hands.

15 minutes ago, petekrum said:

I like him a lot more than Williams which isn’t necessarily saying much since Williams stinks out loud.

I was real surprised to see the #s Williams put up his senior year in college.

10 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I was real surprised to see the #s Williams put up his senior year in college.

Gimmick offense at Baylor and garbage Big 12 Ds.

But he showed as a much better college prospect than he has been as a pro.   Guy hasn't progressed at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 96mnc said:

Gimmick offense at Baylor and garbage Big 12 Ds.

But he showed as a much better college prospect than he has been as a pro.   Guy hasn't progressed at all. 

Mountain West Conference is...tougher?

12 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Ha, no idea. 

48 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Colorado and Alabama give him tougher secondaries faced than any Big12 team except OU.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

Colorado and Alabama give him tougher secondaries faced than any Big12 team except OU.

2 teams that he failed to cross the 100 yd mark & endzone...just saying.

Edited by psygolf

20 hours ago, psygolf said:

2 teams that he failed to cross the 100 yd mark & endzone...just saying.

5/81 at Alabama with that surrounding talent (+ a solo tackle for the IDP guys) is nothing to sneeze at, nor is 5/67. 

It's not MIke Evans senior season against Alabama/Auburn (600 combined yards), but then we'd just be complaining that he put up all his stats in 2 games.

Hoping his at least a target hog... what kind of threat is hurns in anyone's opinion? 

On 5/3/2018 at 11:42 AM, smeeze said:

No Dez. No Witten. Don't be surprised if Gallup is Dallas' #1 WR by the end of the season.

d1e5FOw.png

I certainly won't be surprised. He's my #2 ranked rookie WR, poised to get more targets than any rookie receiver this season.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, joshua18 said:

I certainly won't be surprised. He's my #2 ranked rookie WR, poised to get more targets than any rookie receiver this season.

Good thing to keep noticed. I dont like who’s throwing to him though.

Edited by CABLE87

4 hours ago, hard1 said:

Hoping his at least a target hog... what kind of threat is hurns in anyone's opinion? 

I would assume he's the primary (and only visible) threat to hurns. 

Tavon Austin will get his here and there rendering Beasley insignificant and Rico Gathers is gonna FEAST (jk), but I greatly doubt they threaten for the role of best fantasy receiver in this offense. 

I'm betting on Hurns and intend to put my money where my mouth is. Even so, I foresee WR3 for Hurns. 

Gallup, JAG in redraft leagues. Looking long term and I think there might be something here though. 

If Dallas throws the ball 500 times, what do we think is a reasonable target share for the WRs?  Is 25% each for Hurns and Gallup unreasonable?  There's no TE worth much on the roster, and I'm sure TWill, Beasley, and Austin will get some looks.  But I consider Hurns and Gallup to be the top 2 options in the offense.

Honestly looking at that and no TE... why couldn't both get 120 targets? I agree and if camp reports are true of Gallup looking like Dez as far as tenacity and playing violent... then he's def in best rookie wr talks this year...but that's asking a ton...

• Like 1

I'm not sure what to expect but at his current price I don't mind drafting him and finding out. There are a lot of targets there for the taking and with defenses stacking the box to slow down Elliot there should be plenty of opportunities. Between he, Ridley, Moore, Miller and Williams (not a rookie but missed a lot of time last year) there are a lot of young WR who could carve out a solid role for themselves. Gallup has the least resistance though and where most of these guys are likely #2 WRs Gallup could become #1 before the season ends. 

I think Dak is possibly being sold short as a passer so I'm definitely interested. 

Hurns has produced just fine as the second fiddle in the past, so I think he is a safer pick. 

Oh yeah, I guess there's a kid named Lance Lenoir who put in time with Dak during the off season.  He's no lock to make the squad, but I'm keeping his name in mind through preseason.

Gallup actually looked pretty good in the YouTube clips, but they all do.

Preseason may be telling.

Posted (edited)

He's got a lot of comps...hopefully he's his own dude and just does his thing on the field... projections?

55 receptions 600 yards 4 TD's 

Edited by hard1

1 hour ago, GhostOfCap said:

I mean, he's Nelson Agholor.

Not at all. He can actually win outside of the slot.