Geaux Saints

Jamaal Williams 2018 Outlook

It isn't that he lost the job, but that the Packers refuse to ride a single RB. And he is a RB that needs volume. I think it will be tough to predict the value of any GB RB this season. Never know which one will hit each week.

1 minute ago, devaster said:

And he is a RB that needs volume

He's averaging 3.4 ypc.and has literally forced 0 missed tackles.  Jones is averaging 6.3 and has forced 8, on 30 less carries.  Jones is the guy to own here, and it's not even close.  The CS would have to be blind to not give Jones 18+ touches going forward.

7 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

He's averaging 3.4 ypc.and has literally forced 0 missed tackles.  Jones is averaging 6.3 and has forced 8, on 30 less carries.  Jones is the guy to own here, and it's not even close.  The CS would have to be blind to not give Jones 18+ touches going forward.

Jones is still a TD dependent RB3. They spread the ball around too much. At this point Jones need a Williams or Montgomery injury to be comfortable starting him as more than a flex in a standard league or deeper leagues.

16 minutes ago, devaster said:

I think it will be tough to predict the value of any GB RB this season.

I predict Jones will out rush, out score, and out pruduce Williams for the rest of the season, but Williams will be the better blocker (apparently).

not that tough...

Edited by Onyx
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Droppable. I don't think any of these backs carry value except in leagues with more than 12 teams. Too much committee action and too volume/TD dependent. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Droppable. I don't think any of these backs carry value except in leagues with more than 12 teams. Too much committee action and too volume/TD dependent. 

You dont think Aaron Jones has value after seeing him run circles around the other two today?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Onyx said:

I predict Jones will out rush, out score, and out pruduce Williams for the rest of the season, but Williams will be the better blocker (apparently).

not that tough...

Wish I could give this 100 likes.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

You dont think Aaron Jones has value after seeing him run circles around the other two today?

Not really. I mean Jones is the one to own out of this group for sure. But I don’t think he’s a must start 

1 hour ago, JoeJoe88 said:

I think you hit the nail on the head.....

7 minutes ago, ak427 said:

Not really. I mean Jones is the one to own out of this group for sure. But I don’t think he’s a must start 

So he's droppable because he's not a must start?  First off nobody said he was a must start, and you are the only person saying he's droppable and that he only carries value in 14 teamers or bigger.  14 fantasy points today with upside to eat more as season goes on is droppable?  I'd strongly suggest you try to reconsider unless you have some serious upside guys on the wire.  

40 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

So he's droppable because he's not a must start?  First off nobody said he was a must start, and you are the only person saying he's droppable and that he only carries value in 14 teamers or bigger.  14 fantasy points today with upside to eat more as season goes on is droppable?  I'd strongly suggest you try to reconsider unless you have some serious upside guys on the wire.  

Well I don’t own Aaron Jones and I’m not talking about him, especially since this isn’t his forum. I’m talking about dropping Williams. I’d hold Jones as well, but you asked me if I thought Jones has value, and I dont think he really does. But again, this isn’t his forum, so...not sure what your point is. 

41 minutes ago, The G Man said:

What's his value now with Ty Montgomery now in Baltimore? He was just dropped in my league.

James White without the reception yardage

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Is he the PPR back to own here? 

I don’t think so.  His role so far has been to help protect the quarterback so more talented players can catch footballs.  I think the big uptick in value from Monty’s trade will go to Jones.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigbluecrew56 said:

Is he the PPR back to own here? 

He has immense value if Jones gets injured, like he did last season. But I would strictly view him as a handcuff right now.

2 minutes ago, Power-O said:

yeah i picked him up today to handcuff jones....he is a healthy plodder...he plods very well

only Jones to deal wif now, just one bump away from taking owners for a ride ...

Image result for running with refrigerator gif

• Haha 2

On 10/31/2018 at 10:20 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

only Jones to deal wif now, just one bump away from taking owners for a ride ...

Image result for running with refrigerator gif

Looks like you were into something. even though this image is ridiculous lol

Pretty quiet in here for a RB2 probably available in most leagues. I'm going to try and grab him off waivers to plug in my flex. Not very often are you able to get a RB2 off waivers during championship week.

Edited by RoseLin23

I doubt Aaron Jones will finish the year, so I'm thinking of picking up Williams, who I've cursed out this season more times than probably any other player in history