Geaux Saints

Jamaal Williams 2018 Outlook

Just now, dropshadows said:

I doubt Aaron Jones will finish the year, so I'm thinking of picking up Williams, who I've cursed out this season more times than probably any other player in history

You're not considering Williams over Cook, Henry or Michel are you?

2 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

You're not considering Williams over Cook, Henry or Michel are you?

I'd most definitely consider Williams over Michel this week. That Patriots running back committee drags Michel's value way down. I'll be bringing that up in the Assistant Coach forum this week at some point.

Edited by dropshadows
  • Like 1

It's not 100% by any means, but there's a chance Rodgers won't play this week. If that's the case, the whole Packer's offense is not start-able.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

It's not 100% by any means, but there's a chance Rodgers won't play this week. If that's the case, the whole Packer's offense is not start-able.

The whole offense minus Davante Adams*

5 minutes ago, RoseLin23 said:

He’s playing for sure. That was al made up I think. 

Rodgers will be out there

Just now, PackerBacker555 said:

He’s playing for sure. That was al made up I think. 

Rodgers will be out there

Source?

Prob rolling with him over Michel Gus edwards and McGuire for reference, just love the workload of rushing/passing

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cnewbykkn said:

Source?

His groin is the only thing that would keep him out. Philbin wants the guys to play. 

Plus, they haven’t won on the road all year, you bet they want a W vs the jets. Plus, Rodgers said he wants to play as well. 

Interesting things on their website. 

Rodgers was shut down last year after they were eliminated

The interim head coach probably wants as good of a resume as possible though, but the GM might overrule anything he wants to do. 

Just now, jccouger said:

The interim head coach probably wants as good of a resume as possible though, but the GM might overrule anything he wants to do. 

That was a very different scenario last year though, as Rodgers rushed back from his collarbone injury that kept him out several weeks. Not to say that means he definitely is starting this week, just that last year was different. 

Just now, jccouger said:

Precisely.

1 minute ago, Corleone said:

That was a very different scenario last year though, as Rodgers rushed back from his collarbone injury that kept him out several weeks. Not to say that means he definitely is starting this week, just that last year was different. 

The injury last year was certainly more serious, but he is still injured this year and even admitted it. Hell he might have admitted it solely for the purpose of wanting to be shut down the rest of the year.

Saying that, I think he plays this week and I'm pretty confident in that. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

I don't care of Rodgers is playing or not, if I can get Williams off waivers, I'm starting him

Even if Rodgers is out? That is not a good idea....Williams is not this big bad RB that tears it up, Rodgers playing will open up the field for him...if Kizer plays it's a very risky move.

9 minutes ago, baleswb said:

so hes the number 1 claim..all in  here? there are decent options this week

I’m taking Ballage over him. Williams didn’t do anything with the starting job weeks 1 and 2. Ballage looks big and fast; reminded me of Ajayi. 

I can't see adding Ballage over Williams at all. Williams is the only guy getting touches there. Rodgers or not, it'd be virtually impossible for him to get less than ten points. Unless you're stacked he's a must add (and) start. Ballage could easily get 4 carries for 3 yards, and then Drake could take over from there. Williams is the clear add.

2 hours ago, dropshadows said:

All I'm gathering here for Williams is VOLUME.

he's gotta be good for a minimum of 12-15 touches and should get some catches too. I see they signed Bibbs, he was in for a lot of third down work in Washington so hopefully he doesn't see too much of the field.

3 minutes ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I can't see adding Ballage over Williams at all. Williams is the only guy getting touches there. Rodgers or not, it'd be virtually impossible for him to get less than ten points. Unless you're stacked he's a must add (and) start. Ballage could easily get 4 carries for 3 yards, and then Drake could take over from there. Williams is the clear add.

While I do think Ballage is a better player, Williams is probably the safer option for this week. Who knows what Adam Gase will do but I do think Ballage will get the majority of the carries - they hate The Drake. I would go Ballage if you're looking for a higher ceiling.

1 hour ago, BGDDYKWL said:

Agree with this. Drake hurts Ballage's workload way too much for me, and at this point in the season if you are looking on waivers for RBs you look for guaranteed volume, not risky situations. 

• Like 3

No sense saving anything at this point, I'm blowing the load on Williams.  There are plenty of guys I'd start him over this week- Ingram, Gus Edwards/Dixon, Jordan Howard, Ballage.  Even without Rodgers, he's going to get volume.  And hopefully a lot of checkdowns.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CooL said:

No sense saving anything at this point, I'm blowing the load on Williams.  There are plenty of guys I'd start him over this week- Ingram, Gus Edwards/Dixon, Jordan Howard, Ballage.  Even without Rodgers, he's going to get volume.  And hopefully a lot of checkdowns.

I like Williams over most of those guys this week.

Definitely a volume play, but he sucks and so does the GB offense. Plus it's a road game. Another guy you hope falls into the end zone.