Geaux Saints

Jamaal Williams 2018 Outlook

i honestly am amazed at my own opinion, i just really dont think so.

Darnold played well last week against an actual defense, now he's playing a very suspect GB team. 

Rodgers has been average, and Darnold is not far off all things considered. 

If Kizer starts i think Williams' value actually skyrockets.

Just now, viciousphilpy said:

i honestly am amazed at my own opinion, i just really dont think so.

Darnold played well last week against an actual defense, now he's playing a very suspect GB team. 

Rodgers has been average, and Darnold is not far off all things considered. 

If Kizer starts i think Williams' value actually skyrockets.

Kizer starts and the defense may try and force him to make throws by stacking the box. 

30 minutes ago, gullit18 said:

Why are you guys arguing about Kizer, Philbin already said Rodgers will be starting. 

Coach Joe Philbin was noncommittal when asked about Aaron Rodgers' (groin) availability for Week 16 against the Jets.

"I'm hopeful he's going to practice, and I'm hopeful he's going to play," said Philbin. Rodgers did end up coming out for individual drills at Wednesday's practice, taking the first reps. But the Packers' season is lost, and there's really little incentive to play Rodgers. DeShone Kizer is next man up.

Dec 19 - 1:22 PM
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, gullit18 said:

Why are you guys arguing about Kizer, Philbin already said Rodgers will be starting. 

Coach Joe Philbin was noncommittal when asked about Aaron Rodgers' (groin) availability for Week 16 against the Jets.

"I'm hopeful he's going to practice, and I'm hopeful he's going to play," said Philbin. Rodgers did end up coming out for individual drills at Wednesday's practice, taking the first reps. But the Packers' season is lost, and there's really little incentive to play Rodgers other than pride, which is still obviously enough to put him out there. DeShone Kizer would be next man up.

You were saying?
  • Like 1

The line on this game shifted huge telling me that Rodgers is not playing.  Right now Jets -2.5. If you only trust williams if rodgers plays, better be looking for another option.

2 minutes ago, viciousphilpy said:

ten receptions incoming

Yup. Hoping it's check down city.

2 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

The line on this game shifted huge telling me that Rodgers is not playing.  Right now Jets -2.5. If you only trust williams if rodgers plays, better be looking for another option.

lol. Are you suggesting someone has inside info. or knows the future? Because the only reports are uncertainty about whether he plays. 

1 minute ago, ShowStopper said:

Gonna be tough to decide between Elijah McGuire and Jamaal Williams.... who’s run defense sucks more? Lol 

I may be playing both :mellow:

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, RxD said:

Yup. Hoping it's check down city.

Cheeeaaaap Luuuuuvvv as I like to call it

• Like 1

theres no way u can feel confident starting williams with no rodgers.. i think hes only playable if rodgers plays..

1 hour ago, mbell317 said:

lol. Are you suggesting someone has inside info. or knows the future? Because the only reports are uncertainty about whether he plays. 

If you haven't yet learned how to use vegas to your advantage then you still have a lot to learn.  But a line that shifts that much tells me the odds are on the wrong side for him to play.  You're the type they make money off of lol.

Edit:  And as I say that Rodgers says he's going to play and these games mean something :lol:

Edited by Wytchclt55
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

If you haven't yet learned how to use vegas to your advantage then you still have a lot to learn.  But a line that shifts that much tells me the odds are on the wrong side for him to play.  You're the type they make money off of lol.

and tomorrow when Rodgers is practicing and in line to play, Vegas will adjust again.

1 hour ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I may be playing both :mellow:

Samesies

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Edit:  And as I say that Rodgers says he's going to play and these games mean something :lol:

"They" don't make money off of me because I'm not dumb enough to bet and think I can make money betting on sports (unless I made it a full time job like Billy Walters). 

Good call on Rodgers though :lol:

I lost out on J. Williams to the guy I beat last week, we both had no FAAB money left but he was the lower ranked team so he got em.  I still think he is a decent FLEX play whether ARod is playing or not.  

I'm starting to think this might not be an easy peasy start. Jets have been stout against RBs lately. And Williams isn't exactly Jones.

Edited by street sharks
  • Like 1