Geaux Saints

Jamaal Williams 2018 Outlook

8 minutes ago, dropshadows said:

Dropped Aaron Jones, picked up Kalen Ballage over Williams. I think that's my grudge I've had all year on Williams as a Jones owner.

Of course, my opponent this week picked up Williams and plugged him in.

At most I could see him amassing 80 total yds and 1 TD.

Starting Jamal W in 2 finals this week and ill take that and run! I have had to start Blount as my RB2 the past couple of weeks due to Hunt and Kerryon so the A jones injury came at a really good time for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pooskay said:

What exactly has Jamaal Williams done consistently to make an owner feel comfortable starting him this week?

Exactly...

I don’t feel like looking it but last year when he had the backfield to himself he was extremely valuable if I’m remembering correctly.

1 hour ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

are you debating playing him this week or just coming to say he sucks?

Both

3 minutes ago, Bmore86 said:

I don’t feel like looking it but last year when he had the backfield to himself he was extremely valuable if I’m remembering correctly.

He was very good week 11 thru 14 last year, horrible weeks 15 and 16 and good again week 17. He should get plenty of opportunity this week and am hopeful at least lol

He was actually better without Rodgers, believe it or not. 

I still wouldn't be surprised if he had 2 TDs this week. I'd say he has over a 50% chance to get at least 1. 

1 minute ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

So you're talking about how much he sucks but you're still debating to play him? If he's so bad then why don't you drop him?

When your other options are not so good, you have to look at every angle.

Please don't take offense.

9 minutes ago, Peens said:

He was very good week 11 thru 14 last year, horrible weeks 15 and 16 and good again week 17. He should get plenty of opportunity this week and am hopeful at least lol

And technically he got double digits week 10 too.  Anyway here's the thing though, in those bad games (wks 15 and 16) you have to look closer.  He still got double digit losses in those two games (which were losses).  Also, the entire team played bad week 16 and got shutout 16-0.  They also played tough matchups (@CAR and vsMIN).  So that leaves me room for optimism because some of the factors that lead to the bad games aren't characteristics of this matchup.  If he gets touches he'll be solid this week and they've already made it clear he'll be highly involved so his floor is extremely safe IMO.  I feel really safe playing him next to chubb as my RB2 and I'm ahead of David Johnson.  Now I just need to another one of these backup-types (DWilliams, Kelly, Ballage, Wilson Jr.) to hopefully give me a reason to bench DJ lol.

• Like 1

With Rodgers being less than 100% but sounding like he's going to play, let's hope he leans on the quick dump offs a bit more to Williams.  Last thing GB brass wants is Rodgers to get hit or injured in meaningless game so I could see some good stats in the receiving dept.  Slotting in as RB2 so not expecting huge production but as we all know, volume, opportunity and match up are all looking positive!  C'mon JW!!  

2 hours ago, Wytchclt55 said:

And technically he got double digits week 10 too.  Anyway here's the thing though, in those bad games (wks 15 and 16) you have to look closer.  He still got double digit losses in those two games (which were losses).  Also, the entire team played bad week 16 and got shutout 16-0.  They also played tough matchups (@CAR and vsMIN).  So that leaves me room for optimism because some of the factors that lead to the bad games aren't characteristics of this matchup.  If he gets touches he'll be solid this week and they've already made it clear he'll be highly involved so his floor is extremely safe IMO.  I feel really safe playing him next to chubb as my RB2 and I'm ahead of David Johnson.  Now I just need to another one of these backup-types (DWilliams, Kelly, Ballage, Wilson Jr.) to hopefully give me a reason to bench DJ lol.

Thanks for the context.   Too often stats are given as gospel without examining the “why”

owners should feel pretty good about 15+ touches, and if GB is any good he’ll get cracks at a short TD to boot.    Optimistic. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dropshadows said:

At most I could see him amassing 80 total yds and 1 TD.

He just went for 97 and a TD against a better D in less than a full game's work, so I'm not exactly sure why his ceiling would be less than what he just did last week. 

1 hour ago, LongBalls said:

This guy is like Rob Kelley except he catches a bit more.

disagree.

not saying Williams is elite or anything, but feel he's got better hands and speed than fat Rob.

On 12/21/2018 at 5:25 AM, Pooskay said:

What exactly has Jamaal Williams done consistently to make an owner feel comfortable starting him this week?

Exactly...

Well, if you’re considering starting him, it’s because your lineup has been hurt by injuries or just inconsistent play. Yes, it’s sucks to have to consider playing him in championship week. But when options are Gus Edwards, Ken Dixon, Doug Martin, Kenyon Drake, Zach Zenner, etc.- he doesn’t look all that bad given known volume.

I’m hoping for 15 carries for 60 and 5 catches for 40, with a 50% chance for a TD. That’s 15 PPR points with a shot at 21. I’ll take that from a plug and play flex.

20 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Him vs Sony Michel is driving me ******** crazy

Michel's been terrible lately and has a ton of competition, Williams is a pretty easy call here. 

Huh?  It's Monday morning, and nobody here to tout what a beast of a game this guy had?

27 PPR points carried me to the ship!

I guess all the CJA gushing has gotten this guy overlooked.

It may be Aaron Jones backfield, but this Williams showed he can play too.

Thank you, Jamaal!

Williams beastly 27 points in ppr help me win the ship. JAG or not... just goes to show you fantasy is about volume and opportunity and not always talent 

• Like 1

Also Rodgers stole 2 Td's from Williams. Packers were on the 1 yard line twice and Rodgers ran it in both times, could've been an even bigger day. Thanks for the ship tho Williams!