Geaux Saints

Jamaal Williams 2018 Outlook

2 minutes ago, bro-lo el cunado said:

Lets forget the quality (or lack thereof) of your league for a second...why did YOU pass on him for that long? 

hehe, I hear ya. But it's a 10 team IDP league. I had to make sure my IDP's were drafted (LB, DL, DB, D-FLEX). I already had 4 solid PPR RB's. Jamaal was there late, so I took him.

2 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

hehe, I hear ya. But it's a 10 team IDP league. I had to make sure my IDP's were drafted (LB, DL, DB, D-FLEX). I already had 4 solid PPR RB's. Jamaal was there late, so I took him.

Figured it was an IDP league with you taking him that late.

• Like 1

No way I'm touching him in the 5th-6th round. You can get much more reliable RB's in those rounds. I have one share of him in my five leagues. Should have snatched him up in a couple others earlier on, but I just worry that he's Eddie Lacy in an offense that COULD be playing Ty Montgomery a lot in the passing game. 

9 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

This makes a bit more sense... still 17th round for a starting RB is insanity.

• Like 1

What’s not being talked about enough is the significance of the opportunity for Williams with a healthy Rodgers vs a Hundley type low level backup. There is zero in between for Williams if Rodgers remains upright....he’s a complete bust, or a complete league winner. A chance I’m absolutely willing to take at his relative cost. I actually just traded A Robinson straight up for him in a $$ ppr league. Robinson could be a stud or a bust. Williams could be super stud or a bust. Both floors are zero. I’ll take the higher ceiling. Not making this about my trade but I am saying if you have a safe medium upside “name brand player” sitting on the shelf or in your flex....use them to buy this guy now. And for what it’s worth McCarthy is not a hype guy like Pete Carrol. When he speaks I’m willing to take it seriously 

Edited by Joe Odam

5th-6th round seems like quite a reach to me though. I'd be far more comfortable taking him in the 9th-10th round range. When did he climb that high into the 5th?

Starting to wonder if Williams getting the first two games to himself could backfire. Obviously if he looks great he can run away with the job. But the converse is also true. If he looks subpar for two games and the run game struggles that could really open the door for Jones upon his return.  If Jones immediately brings the run game to life and brings an obvious spark he could take over the backfield. Interesting situation. For fantasy purposes, hopefully one of them takes the bull by the horns.

25 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Ok lol more understandable with the IDP league. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, smeeze said:

This makes a bit more sense... still 17th round for a starting RB is insanity.

Lol agree man

33 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

Starting to wonder if Williams getting the first two games to himself could backfire. Obviously if he looks great he can run away with the job. But the converse is also true. If he looks subpar for two games and the run game struggles that could really open the door for Jones upon his return.  If Jones immediately brings the run game to life and brings an obvious spark he could take over the backfield. Interesting situation. For fantasy purposes, hopefully one of them takes the bull by the horns.

Draft both off them!!

2 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

Draft both off them!!

Easier said than done.  For me, it seems like as soon as I grab Williams in the 7th-8th or whatever...someone grabs jones almost right afterwards.    

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Easier said than done.  For me, it seems like as soon as I grab Williams in the 7th-8th or whatever...someone grabs jones almost right afterwards.    

My money is on Jamaal and that’s high risk for that jones owner knowing that there’s other positions to be filled. If your the packer and want to control the temp of the game, Jamaal is your guy for smash mouth. You can see the difference between the runners on how they finish there runs.

Edited by Watitdookie
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, TPowell said:

No way I'm touching him in the 5th-6th round. You can get much more reliable RB's in those rounds. I have one share of him in my five leagues. Should have snatched him up in a couple others earlier on, but I just worry that he's Eddie Lacy in an offense that COULD be playing Ty Montgomery a lot in the passing game. 

who are these more reliable RBs you are talking about?

image.png.0f93054b653fe42a27eef1a0b25c23bb.png

there isn't a single name there that is a no brainer pick  ahead of Williams.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Panthor said:

Hyde is, and arguably Coleman

Edited by lolcopter
  • Like 1

Just now, lolcopter said:

Hyde is

not a no brainer pick though, williams is certainly part of the conversation with Hyde.  he is not head and shoulders above Williams

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Panthor said:

who are these more reliable RBs you are talking about?

image.png.0f93054b653fe42a27eef1a0b25c23bb.png

Great post

2 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

Let’s put it this way guys! Packers RBs always eat in fantasy can you say that about the ones in the chart

They do?

people forget this:

20 carries, 67 yards. 1 catch 7 yards

18 catches, 57 yards. 4 catches for 38 yards

21 carries, 66 yards, TD. 4 catches, 69 yards, TD

21 carries, 113 yards, TD. 2 catches, 10 yards

15 carries, 49 yards, TD. 7 catches 69 yards, TD.

Crappy YPC, yes, but this was all as a rookie, with Hundley at QB, behind a banged up O-line. 

He was MONEY during that stretch. With Rodgers under center and a full offseason of preparation, I expect Williams to be a better, more efficient player.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Nickstaa said:

I drafted him at 80th in a standard league. Am i insane?

Not at all. My money is all in with Jamaal but to make sure you get Aaron jones just in case of injury in which he has history of

My question if we knew Jamaal as undeniably their starter for the whole season. What rd would you pick him in?! Think it to yourself. Wouldn’t blame no RB strategists getting him after the 5-6 rd. Means that they did they’re dilligence

34 minutes ago, Watitdookie said:

Packers RBs always eat in fantasy can you say that about the ones in the chart

tenor.png

• Haha 1