SpecialFNK

2018 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

20 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Why have the Cards benched him?  Has he faded seriously?  If so why would any AL team want him right now?  I'm actually asking because I haven't be following him.

Defensively he is a fine hitter.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, duke of queens said:

Not really as I heard this directly from Joel Sherman on MLB Network and you are quoting Jerry Crasnick. I'll take Sherman over Crasnick any day of the week.

You remain incorrect.  If you prefer Joel Sherman as a source, here’s an excerpt from an article he authored about a week ago:

During the offseason, the Pirates requested not just Clint Frazier (with whom the Yankees were willing to part) but Andujar for Gerrit Cole and the Yankees rejected the overture. The Rangers are among several teams that have inquired multiple times about obtaining Andujar.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/07/13/yankees-privately-are-not-high-on-miguel-andujar-rival-execs/amp/

It’s time to just graciously admit you were mistaken, Duke.

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, duke of queens said:

To think they could've had Cole for Frazier+ probably still burns.

They couldn't have. The Pirates preferred Joe Musgrove and Colin Moran.

Edited by absknicks

32 minutes ago, BMcP said:

You remain incorrect.  If you prefer Joel Sherman as a source, here’s an excerpt from an article he authored about a week ago:

During the offseason, the Pirates requested not just Clint Frazier (with whom the Yankees were willing to part) but Andujar for Gerrit Cole and the Yankees rejected the overture. The Rangers are among several teams that have inquired multiple times about obtaining Andujar.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2018/07/13/yankees-privately-are-not-high-on-miguel-andujar-rival-execs/amp/

Im not saying this didnt happen. Im saying Sherman said Yanks turned down Frazier plus another prospect that wasnt gleyber or andujar. Ill need to get mlb network on the phone for the tape.

54 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Even if Houston asked for Fraz and Andujar its still a bad decision right now. They would be in first place with him as their #2. Fraz has no position and Andujar has been good offensively but not so good with the glove.

23 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Even if Houston asked for Fraz and Andujar its still a bad decision right now. They would be in first place with him as their #2. Fraz has no position and Andujar has been good offensively but not so good with the glove.

Who's to say Cole is even the same pitcher if he ends up on the Yankees??  He didn't really put things together until he started making some changes with the pitching staff in Houston.  You guys could of gotten the same version that Pitt had but he would likely have an even worse ERA.  

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

I see you are unwilling to just admit you were wrong.  Ok, believe what you like, it really doesn’t matter to me.  I was just trying to correct your mistake for the sake of others reading this thread.  At the time the decision had to be made, it was a sensible one and Yankee fans are not “kicking themselves” over it.

Edited by BMcP
  • Like 4

34 minutes ago, BMcP said:

I see you are unwilling to just admit you were wrong.  Ok, believe what you like, it really doesn’t matter to me.  I was just trying to correct your mistake for the sake of others reading this thread.  At the time the decision had to be made, it was a sensible one and Yankee fans are not “kicking themselves” over it.

They will be when they are playing in the wild card game and have to use Severino and their 2nd best pitcher throws 85.

17 hours ago, duke of queens said:

If Mets are dealing with Beane they are getting fleeced.

They also didn’t eat any money either like they said literally hours ago. Not surprised.

2 hours ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

They also didn’t eat any money either like they said literally hours ago. Not surprised.

Not sure on the return but seems like it is something

23 minutes ago, duke of queens said:

Not sure on the return but seems like it is something

They did get two humans who play baseball for a living so it definitely is something. Looks like another salary dump though a 26 year old AAA reliever and a 23 year old third baseman who was in A ball. That’s a tough sell. 

Rotoworld blurb says several teams are focused on Mike Fiers including the Red Sox who got an up close and personal view of him tonight.  He made mincemeat of their hard hitting line-up with soft curves and high fastballs.  He had them mixed up all night long.