• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
SpecialFNK

2018 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

Red Sox have nothing to trade but low minors players so they can't afford Beltre and they need another outfielder (JBJ is a disaster with a bat) and a middle infielder anyway, not a 3B.

The trade rumor they have been discussing the last two days on Boston sports talk shows revolve around Oakland and involves sending a low end minor league guy for Mark Canha who is a good hitter against leftys which is where they have a major black hole.  (He sucks against righties but the Sox are loaded vs righties already).  He also plays all three outfield positions.  He'd probably end up the majority of his time in a platoon with JBJ if they do that deal. 

Also while giving Billy Beane cheap bodies for his low minors they may try for Jed Lowrie since it doesn't look like Pedroia will be back this year and they need more than Nunez and Holt with one playing 2B and the other filling in otherwise over the infield.  Right now they called up Lin who is good defensively but can't hit at all and made an error his first play up which messes with his good defense label.  So they have a hole to fill there. 

Both Oakland players would cost them next to nothing since Lowrie's red hot start is way way over and neither he (age) nor Canha are in Oakland's future plans especially since Canha can't hit righties so Billy will take about anything for them to get them off the payroll.

If it happens it would be very minor trades for fantasy players unless you have Canha on a 20 league team say or Lowrie on your bench in a 16 team league.  Weird if it happens though since Jed Lowrie came up with the Sox originally.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Both Oakland players would cost them next to nothing since Lowrie's red hot start is way way over and neither he (age) nor Canha are in Oakland's future plans especially since Canha can't hit righties so Billy will take about anything for them to get them off the payroll.

Jed's hot start might be in the rearview but he has 3 HRs in the last week and appears to be heating back up again.

• Like 2

Here are some trades i'd like to see 

Machado and Britton for Schwarber, Happ and Russell

J.A. Happ for Corey Lewis or Clint Frazier

Donaldson for one of the Braves arms Gohara or Fried or to the Cards for O'neill

Abreu to the Nats for Kieboom and Feede or to the Yanks for Frazier and German or Loaisiga or to the Rockies for Lambert and Welker

Hamels to the Brewers for Santana and Corbin Burnes

Osuna to the Indians for Mejia

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Donaldson for one of the Braves arms Gohara or Fried or to the Cards for O'neill

Abreu to the Nats for Kieboom and Feede or to the Yanks for Frazier and German or Loaisiga or to the Rockies for Lambert and Welker

These are pretty realistic.  God i don't want to have to root for Osuna

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Happ for Frazier would be awesome, but who is Corey Lewis?

Just now, smeeze said:

Happ for Frazier would be awesome, but who is Corey Lewis?

OF for the Mariners, he was a top 10 pick 2 years ago but had a knee injury

Just now, azeri98 said:

OF for the Mariners, he was a top 10 pick 2 years ago but had a knee injury

Ohhh. Kyle Lewis. Yeah, I'd do that deal too.

24 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Ohhh. Kyle Lewis. Yeah, I'd do that deal too.

Ya sorry Kyle

50 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Rangers should pull a deal like this asap

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Would love to have Abreu playing at Coors.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ToO_BaD said:

I have convinced myself that Abreu for Tapia makes too much sense.

33 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

That’s a lot for the cubs to give up for half a year of machado 

Hey genius Theo gave up Torres for half year of Chapman.

anything is possible 

46 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I think the Dbacks have a short window to go for it this year and go get Machado. 

For who?  Goldy?  Their minor league isn't exactly filled with top prospects.

3 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

That’s for them to figure out. Lamb could be a piece to give. 

11 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Remember what JD went for last season? There wasn’t a huge market for a 1/2 year of a slugging OFer. Also possible most not willing to pay for 1/2 year of Machado, knowing he’ll walk.

An elite arm, for the record, is much more valuable to a contending team. The cost will be higher.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

That’s for them to figure out. Lamb could be a piece to give. 

O's have Ryan Mountcastle going forward at 3B and even Tim Beckham in the mix.  O's want pitching.

4 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

O's have Ryan Mountcastle going forward at 3B and even Tim Beckham in the mix.  O's want pitching.

Send Godley then ??

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Send Godley then ??

But seriously. Maybe Duplantier. 

Edited by Members_Only_76
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ToO_BaD said:

Is this actually a possibility?  I'd love to see him play somewhere with a solid lineup 

It feels like to me though - like the White Sox are planning on building around him.  And that he likes Chicago from the bits and pieces I've gathered watching his ABs on their telecast 

10 hours ago, azeri98 said:

Nice list.

Posted (edited)
On 6/23/2018 at 10:03 PM, absknicks said:

I completely disagree. They should absolutely trade him. They have arguably the worst farm system in baseball and a complete dearth of young talent. They're not going to compete while deGrom is under contract, so why not trade him now while his value is at its apex and get back an organization changing prospect haul in return? They don't need one pitcher or one position player, regardless of how good, they need a large scale influx of young talent if they want to be competitive in the next 5 years. 

Imagine for a second they don't trade him and he tears his UCL in August? It's a no-brainer for me. One caveat I have is that they need to fire (or neuter, at least) Alderson before moving deGrom. Can't have Alderson choosing the talent that comes back given his track record. 

Alderson held out for an extra piece (Syndergaard) in the Dickey trade, so there's that.

The Mets absolutely should absolutely trade Degrom before injury. The nerve surgery he had has decent results overall but the issues can reoccur. 

Edited by itaos
  • Like 1