• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
SpecialFNK

2018 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

12 hours ago, WahooManiac said:

These are pretty realistic.  God i don't want to have to root for Osuna

I can not see the Cubs giving up that much for Machado and Britton.  Not at all. 

6 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Hey genius Theo gave up Torres for half year of Chapman.

anything is possible 

Can't see it this time.   At least not those three for Manny.

That was one prospect for potentially the missing piece of a world series team.  

Russell for Machado alone I could see though. 

20 minutes ago, itaos said:

Alderson held out for an extra piece (Syndergaard) in the Dickey trade, so there's that.

The Mets absolutely should absolutely trade Degrom before injury. The nerve surgery he had has decent results overall but the issues can reoccur. 

I tend agree with this assessment IF the package coming back is actually fair value for a cost controlled top 10 sp.

4 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

But seriously. Maybe Duplantier. 

Duplantier

Matt Tabor

Someone else with arm talent...

• Like 1

On 6/24/2018 at 8:51 AM, SpecialFNK said:

This Kela and Diekmam stuff is interesting. 

Anyone have an opinion on who would close for Texas?  LeClerc?

15 minutes ago, 96mnc said:

Can't see it this time.   At least not those three for Manny.

That was one prospect for potentially the missing piece of a world series team.  

Russell for Machado alone I could see though. 

At that point Baltimore might as well just take a comp pick instead 

My own thoughts, not published rumors or anything:

I wouldn't be surprised if Drury gets moved by the yankees for an arm of some sort.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see SD trade Richards and/or Ross.

2 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

At that point Baltimore might as well just take a comp pick instead 

I'd rather have Russell than the comp pick.  Jmo.

2 hours ago, 96mnc said:

I can not see the Cubs giving up that much for Machado and Britton.  Not at all. 

I suppose that's a bit extreme,  but the list was pretty solid i thought.  

• Like 1

I can foresee a tepid trade market, one that carries over from this past offseason.

Clubs just seem loathe right now to part with their assets: prospects and cash.

6 hours ago, 96mnc said:

My own thoughts, not published rumors or anything:

I wouldn't be surprised if Drury gets moved by the yankees for an arm of some sort.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see SD trade Richards and/or Ross.

SD cashing in one of those guys would be wise before they turn back into pumpkins.  We saw the Padres do this last year with Cahill.

I agree that Drury likely ends up elsewhere.  Something that makes a lot of sense to me is Drury to Atlanta for McCarthy or Sanchez or both, and/or some other pitcher, though I don't see the Braves moving one of their strong prospect arms for a guy like Drury.  Durry just feels like the type of acquisition Atlanta needs to upgrade 3B and allow Camargo to play that super-util role.  Plus Drury's flexibility in the NL is ultra appealing, and he wouldn't block Riley for 2019 and beyond as he can continue to play that super-util role for the team.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Red Sox have nothing to trade but low minors players so they can't afford Beltre and they need another outfielder (JBJ is a disaster with a bat) and a middle infielder anyway, not a 3B.

The trade rumor they have been discussing the last two days on Boston sports talk shows revolve around Oakland and involves sending a low end minor league guy for Mark Canha who is a good hitter against leftys which is where they have a major black hole.  (He sucks against righties but the Sox are loaded vs righties already).  He also plays all three outfield positions.  He'd probably end up the majority of his time in a platoon with JBJ if they do that deal. 

Also while giving Billy Beane cheap bodies for his low minors they may try for Jed Lowrie since it doesn't look like Pedroia will be back this year and they need more than Nunez and Holt with one playing 2B and the other filling in otherwise over the infield.  Right now they called up Lin who is good defensively but can't hit at all and made an error his first play up which messes with his good defense label.  So they have a hole to fill there. 

Both Oakland players would cost them next to nothing since Lowrie's red hot start is way way over and neither he (age) nor Canha are in Oakland's future plans especially since Canha can't hit righties so Billy will take about anything for them to get them off the payroll.

If it happens it would be very minor trades for fantasy players unless you have Canha on a 20 league team say or Lowrie on your bench in a 16 team league.  Weird if it happens though since Jed Lowrie came up with the Sox originally.

Stop dissing Jed Lowrie like that ...

The dude has been awesome this year. He is universally owned in every league. From 8 team (MI) to your so-called 16 team leagues. If he ain't owned in your leagues I am shocked and very surprised.

Jed Lowrie 5x5 rotisserie ranked #87 in H2H he has a 81

11 minutes ago, JFS179 said:

SD cashing in one of those guys would be wise before they turn back into pumpkins.  We saw the Padres do this last year with Cahill.

I agree that Drury likely ends up elsewhere.  Something that makes a lot of sense to me is Drury to Atlanta for McCarthy or Sanchez or both, and/or some other pitcher, though I don't see the Braves moving one of their strong prospect arms for a guy like Drury.  Durry just feels like the type of acquisition Atlanta needs to upgrade 3B and allow Camargo to play that super-util role.  Plus Drury's flexibility in the NL is ultra appealing, and he wouldn't block Riley for 2019 and beyond as he can continue to play that super-util role for the team.

The Yankees don't have a need for arms like McCarthy/Sanchez. They're fine from a depth perspective, what they really need is a starter who moves the needle in the division race and October. 

5 minutes ago, absknicks said:

The Yankees don't have a need for arms like McCarthy/Sanchez. They're fine from a depth perspective, what they really need is a starter who moves the needle in the division race and October. 

Fair enough, but the cost of a starter like that from Atlanta (or maybe it's a guy like Tyson Ross from SD) is substantially less than trying to pry deGrom away from the Mets.  And is Hamels really moving the needle?

The Yankees should find a team that likes Greg Bird and move him...

17 minutes ago, JFS179 said:

those two are blah ... The Yankees have enough of those type of arms, they don't need anymore. absknicks is right a top of the rotation starter is the key

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Stop dissing Jed Lowrie like that ...

The dude has been awesome this year. He is universally owned in every league. From 8 team (MI) to your so-called 16 team leagues. If he ain't owned in your leagues I am shocked and very surprised.

Jed Lowrie 5x5 rotisserie ranked #87 in H2H he has a 81

Not everyone sets and forgets in roto.  Not if they want to win and Lowrie had been lousy after his red hot start compared to the tons of other options at 2B.  It looks like he has a good past week or two which should help Beane move him in real life as well as late to the table "sell high" owners..  And he certainly was sitting on benches in H2H leagues.  In dynasty and deep keeper leagues where an aging vet's last hurrah means it is time to sell quickly he has been on the trade block for sure.

But we are talking real baseball here.  He is totally useless to Beane now going forward but has value as a trade chip as a rental.  (I think he is a FA at the end of the year).  Thus he will be moved to either the Sox or some other team because it is time for non-contenders to sell high in real baseball too.  But a "rental" who is his age has less value then a younger player under contract for the next few years thus he won't bring back that much because of his lack of long term worth.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1

The Yankees have so much wealth (asset wise) and depth they could be both buyers and sellers at the deadline.

I mean, they could sell Drury for prospects. It doesn't have to for a player that's going to help them immediately.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, tcorb22 said:

Can Machado get traded already? 

yes. he CAN be traded at any time before the July 31st deadline. :ph34r:

2 hours ago, JFS179 said:

Drury isn’t enough of an upgrade to part with Sanchez or McCarthy

14 hours ago, The Waker said:

Drury isn’t enough of an upgrade to part with Sanchez or McCarthy

Ha, I think the opposite. 

Drury for Ross or Richards.

Who says no, SD or NYY?

5 hours ago, 96mnc said:

Who says no, SD or NYY?

I think SD could do better for Ross (not knowing contract details), but drury for Richards sounds fair and 6000% boring. 

That would be like swapping celery sticks for plain yogurt at the school lunch table 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

I think SD could do better for Ross (not knowing contract details), but drury for Richards sounds fair and 6000% boring. 

That would be like swapping celery sticks for plain yogurt at the school lunch table 

Good one.  And I agree no way would SD trade away Tyson Ross for some mere Drury-level guy.  Ross has been awesome on a lousy team all year.  He will fetch back a nice return should SD decide to deal him.

5 hours ago, 96mnc said:

Who says no, SD or NYY?

Tough to really gauge Drury's value right now. He's a 25 year old with a career 96 wRC+ in MLB but these vision issues that the Yankees seemed to have corrected have added a layer of intrigue to him, especially since he's absolutely demolished AAA ever since. Maybe that's just a case of an average MLBer doing what he should do against AAA pitching, or maybe it hints at a guy who's finally ready to take off now that he's 100% healthy.

I believe the Yankees also just coaxed an extra year of control out of him due to this added service time in the minors, so that doesn't hurt either.