12 minutes ago, Rh3l22 said:

Now that's interesting...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Trade Deadline drinking game:

Every time you hear the words "haul" or "system", do a shot

Nah, I like having a working liver. 

• Like 1

I understand that the Twins would want to sell him off, but honestly, does anyone really want Rodney???

5 minutes ago, 6Kill said:

I understand that the Twins would want to sell him off, but honestly, does anyone really want Rodney???

I don’t see why not. Wouldn’t cost much at all to get him, lots of high pressure experience. Contending team throws a fringe guy to Minnesota and uses him in middle relief somewhere. 

FWIW he’s always horrendously bad against Boston, so the bomb to Devers wasn’t exactly a surprise. 

28 minutes ago, Rh3l22 said:

I don’t see why not. Wouldn’t cost much at all to get him, lots of high pressure experience. Contending team throws a fringe guy to Minnesota and uses him in middle relief somewhere. 

FWIW he’s always horrendously bad against Boston, so the bomb to Devers wasn’t exactly a surprise. 

He’s been awful shaky the last few years... I know he’s been rock solid this year but I just don’t trust him late in the year or come postseason time 

1 minute ago, 6Kill said:

He’s been awful shaky the last few years... I know he’s been rock solid this year but I just don’t trust him late in the year or come postseason time 

I haven’t paid much attention, but the more pressure, the better Rodney seems to perform. Is there a track record of playoff failure for him? 

Ryan Presley just acquired by Houston. 

21 minutes ago, 6Kill said:

Oh I don’t trust him either lol. But as a Red Sox fan, we don’t have much for options behind Kimbrel and Barnes. If the twins asked for a 25-27 year old AAA arm with some semblance of upside, like a Bobby Poyner, I think theyd do it. 

Worst case scenario, they wind up with Eric Gagne 2.0 and just leave him off the postseason roster. 

But its definitely a buyers market right now. Someone will give up a marginal guy for him I’d think. 

24 minutes ago, mavsfan23 said:

I haven’t paid much attention, but the more pressure, the better Rodney seems to perform. Is there a track record of playoff failure for him? 

Eh, 4.97 ERA with 10 HA and 10 BB in only 12 2/3 IP in the postseason- his stuff ain’t what it once was either. I’m not buying him this late in his career to be my 7th or 8th inning guy

On 7/26/2018 at 7:52 PM, The Big Bat Theory said:

A new noun for baseball.  Orioles-esque.  Also more details on a trade.

That would be an adjective...just sayin'...

• Like 3

10 hours ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Theo is so living in the past.  First Darvish and now Hamels.  Cue up "Glory Days" as he goes into his Achilles' heel "feed the beast" mode.  Pssst, I hear Adrian Gonzalez is available too.

Could probably get Andre Ethier, too.

Moustakas to Brewers for Brett Phillips and Jorge Lopez.  Seems like a pretty damn good return for the Royals.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RenegadeGM said:

Moustakas to Brewers for OF Brett Phillips, RHP Jorge Lopez.

T Shaw out of a job?  Seems like it....

4 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Rumor has it he's moving to 2B

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Bateman said:

No. Why should he be.  He is having a really good year.  The Brewers aren't that dumb.  Just creative.

Brewers acquired 3B Mike Moustakas from the Royals for OF Brett Phillips and RHP Jorge Lopez.

Moustakas will take over as the everyday third baseman for the Brewers while Travis Shaw shifts over to second base, a position he has never logged an inning at in his professional career. He does lengthen an already deep and powerful Brewers' lineup though and gets to be reunited with longtime former teammate Lorenzo Cain. Moustakas' fantasy value gets a huge boost with this deal, as the Brewers' lineup and the offensive environment of his new home ballpark trump what he has been dealing with in Kansas City.                                     Jul 28 - 1:03 AM

And I agree.  A nice little return for KC.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Guess teams are sacrificing defense to add bats. Not so positive it will work out with Shaw at 2B, and now you have an even bigger group of corner IF/OF to split at-bats.

Stearns (crew GM) is saying that they are gonna shift around and make it work, but don't be surprised if Shaw goes in a big deal for pitching yet...be a sneaky move

Indians and Phils both rumored to be interested in Joey Gallo, per MLBTR.

Just now, NoHablaIngles said:

why are the dodgers in on all of these SPs? They already have a gazillion quality SP options

Maybe just trying to drive up the price for other teams. If that's an actual tactic... what if your offer wins? lol

Players of Chris Archer's caliber (a player who regularly produces 4-5 WAR per season) who is only owed $25M over the next 3 years, does not become available often in trade. It's obvious to see why any team, regardless of what their current major league roster looks like, would want to be involved in those discussions.

• Like 3