SpecialFNK

2018 MLB Trade Rumors and Deadline Thread

3 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Prediction: Washington holds out for an unrealistic haul for Harper, doesn't get it, and loses him in FA anyway.

I think they resign him. Walker, Gio, Wieters, and Madson become FA after this season frees up around 46M and you have an OF of Soto, Robles, and Harper. Switch Turner back to 2nd and promote Kieboom for SS. They could give Harper a 9M raise to 30M and still have a lot of room in the FA market over the offseason( close to 45M).

Or I could be way off.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Csiebert5 said:

Yes, he is a sinkerballer and therefore a “groundball pitcher”

Thanks.  Yeah a sinkerballer.  How could I have forgotten.  And a sinker is a good counter to some of these lift angle guys too.

Also, I thought Harper was adamant about wanting to get out of Washington.  The Phillies and Yankees have interest though the Phils want Manny for a big mega-contract #1 so the Yankees might have to settle for Harper if Machado is gone.  And both teams are on the rise and would be far more exciting to play for than a starting to slip Nats team as well as having more money to throw at him.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

As per RW blurb: ,"Bobby Nightengale of the Cincinnati Enquirer believes that Matt Harvey will still be dealt before Wednesday's trade deadline."

I guess the Reds have a different Trade deadline than everyone else.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

26 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Lance Lynn THIS year vs Boston -- 2 games:  4.64 ERA and 1.60 WHIP the first one. 

you are wrong or ESPN & MLB  is wrong in the game logs.

7/27 6IP 2ER

6/20 5IP 0ER

1.64 ERA 1.36 WHIP

Edited by shakestreet

7 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

I think they resign him. Walker, Gio, Wieters, and Madson become FA after this season frees up around 46M and you have an OF of Soto, Robles, and Harper. Switch Turner back to 2nd and promote Kieboom for SS. They could give Harper a 9M raise to 30M and still have a lot of room in the FA market over the offseason( close to 45M).

Or I could be way off.

This makes too much sense to actually happen.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Well then I guess they are out of the McCutchen rumors?

12 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Good for Martin getting on a contender.  The Indians needed almost any kind of outfield addition though I assume they got him for his glove since he is in the middle of a big long slump only batting .200 over the last month.  With all the OFers out there this is a bit odd hitting wise  but maybe it is all about the glove.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

32 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

You actually think I give a fig about how Lynn pitched a half decade ago?  You actually think he is the same guy as when he was with the Cardinals BEFORE his major injury.  He pitched against the Red Sox two games this season?  Did you not read my original post?  I was talking about THIS YEAR.  Last year he was still serviceable even.  Not so much this year.  The Yankees didn't get him with a Time Machine included.

Lance Lynn THIS year vs Boston -- 2 games:  4.64 ERA and 1.60 WHIP the first one.  Last one several days back - 5.10 ERA and 1.63 WHIP.  Which is identical to his season ERA and WHIP too so pretty much everybody is his daddy now.  Yep can't wait to see Lynn in pinstrips because he looked like he was pitching batting practice his last start I watched him.  But go ahead and keep living in the past and hope he has something left in his rather big and out of shape tank.

Did you look on Baseball Reference?  Because I think you actually were looking at his season ERA and WHIP after those two starts - not the ERA and WHIP of those two starts....

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Hmmm . Another mediocre outfielder ... Melky, Chisenhall, Nyquin, Davis & Allen 

Just now, ToO_BaD said:

Did you look on Baseball Reference?  Because I think you actually were looking at his season ERA and WHIP after those two starts - not the ERA and WHIP of those two starts....

Good point.  Thanks.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Is Martin a possible add now in Cleveland?

I doubt it. Even if he plays every day he's a .250 hitter with no power batting 8th or 9th.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Hmmm . Another mediocre outfielder ... Melky, Chisenhall, Nyquin, Davis & Allen 

Brantley is solid as long as he stays healthy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ToO_BaD said:

Brantley is solid as long as he stays healthy.

That is why I didn’t add him to the list. 

To date Brantley has had a successful year 

1 minute ago, shakestreet said:

That is why I didn’t add him to the list. 

To date Brantley has had a successful year 

Oh okay I just thought you were making a general reference lol.

If the Rays end up getting more good pitching prospects...... :o

Seriously if all their young arms get right next year, they'll have two rotations worth of guys on the cusp of the majors. Rays will be Rays.

I have a feeling Harper gets dealt or it could be IBS. Something tells me the Yankees will go hard to get him after losing out on Machado. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Armalite said:

I have a feeling Harper gets dealt or it could be IBS. Something tells me the Yankees will go hard to get him after losing out on Machado. 

irritable bowel syndrome?

• Haha 1