Sign in to follow this  
taobball

Mitch Trubisky 2018 Outlook

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, fakespike said:

Mitch is the number 2 QB since week 4, in my scoring at least.  Haven’t seen a top FF QB get this much hate in a while. 

 

People named Mitchell don't get much respect. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

If the bears D wasn't so dominant the bears would have a losing record.

Bears Offense...#5 scoring team in the NFL

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trubisky's rushing ability and this Nagy offense makes him a very intriguing fantasy option. Real-life he is far from perfect but he has come a long way in a short amount of time so his arrow is definitely looking up. He'll be perpetually compared to Mahomes and Watson since they went after him in the draft and Bears dealt up in order to get Trubisky so I think he'll always be "hated" and looked down upon. Given the early returns it definitely seems like a huge mistake but that has more to do with Mahomes and Watson being historically good and not cause Trubisky has been bad (given the history of early QBs he has been pretty good thus far). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

Trubisky's rushing ability and this Nagy offense makes him a very intriguing fantasy option. Real-life he is far from perfect but he has come a long way in a short amount of time so his arrow is definitely looking up. He'll be perpetually compared to Mahomes and Watson since they went after him in the draft and Bears dealt up in order to get Trubisky so I think he'll always be "hated" and looked down upon. Given the early returns it definitely seems like a huge mistake but that has more to do with Mahomes and Watson being historically good and not cause Trubisky has been bad (given the history of early QBs he has been pretty good thus far). 

 

DeShaun Watson on pace this season for:

4,200 yards passing, 30 TDs, 12 INTs, 476 yards rushing, 100,8 rating

 

Mitchell Trubisky on pace this season for:

4,100 yards passing, 34 TDs, 12 INTs, 568 yards rushing, 101,6 rating

 

Patrick Mahomes:

Having an unprecedented NFL All-Time season & not even worth comparing

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Cool stat

Cooler stat >>> the 3 teams with better ranked Defenses than the Bears...all have losing records.

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hes available on the wire in two of my leagues which I will be looking to snag him. aside from this MIN game coming up his ROS looks very favorable. only second in rushing to Cam

 

week11 MIN

week 12 at DET

week 13 at NYG

week 14 LAR

week 15 GB

week 16 at SF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Cooler stat >>> the 3 teams with better ranked Defenses than the Bears...all have losing records.

 

 

 

Bears have the 2nd most takeaways which boost the offense. Better field position = more offense = more points = better offensive rank

 

also where are you getting that Detroit GB and Minn have a better defense than Chicago?

Edited by bhawks489

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Bears have the 2nd most takeaways which boost the offense. Better field position = more offense = more points = better offensive rank

Cleveland has the most takeaways >>>> losing record, #22 in scoring.

Edited by psygolf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

 

DeShaun Watson on pace this season for:

4,200 yards passing, 30 TDs, 12 INTs, 476 yards rushing, 100,8 rating

 

Mitchell Trubisky on pace this season for:

4,100 yards passing, 34 TDs, 12 INTs, 568 yards rushing, 101,6 rating

 

Patrick Mahomes:

Having an unprecedented NFL All-Time season & not even worth comparing

 

Watson was more alluding to his historic start last season which in the court of public opinion still adds significant color to the situation. His health has been an issue though and he is far from a perfect QB as well (his o-line does him no favors). Stats aside I think Watson is the better QB but with the health taken into consideration I don't think I'd trade Trubisky for him in a hypothetical scenario. Now is Trubisky 2 3rds and a 4th rounder better than Watson? I don't think that is the case but it is worth discussing unlike Mahomes which you properly point out. 

Edited by Jaw1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Cleveland has the most takeaways >>>> losing record.

What was your initial point? I can't tell what you are trying to get at since none of this makes sense 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

What was your initial point? I can't tell what you are trying to get at since none of this makes sense 

That you might want to move on from this thread...you've been confused for weeks  :lol:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, psygolf said:

That you might want to move on from this thread...you've been confused for weeks  :lol:

it doesn't help that your posts look like someone ate up a bowl of alphabet soup and threw it up on the screen 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

What was your initial point? I can't tell what you are trying to get at since none of this makes sense 

You said the Bears offensive stats were skewed due to takeaways.

He showed you a team with more takeaways and a far lower offensive ranking.

It really wasn't that hard to follow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SamPayton said:

You said the Bears offensive stats were skewed due to takeaways.

He showed you a team with more takeaways and a far lower offensive ranking.

It really wasn't that hard to follow.

I believe they are. Defensive takeaways give the offense better position to score. Not my problem that Cleveland is a complete dumpster fire on offense.

You obviously need some offense to put up points but it helps when your defense is as good as the bears was my point. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I believe they are. Defensive takeaways give the offense better position to score. Not my problem that Cleveland is a complete dumpster fire on offense.

You obviously need some offense to put up points but it helps when your defense is as good as the bears was my point. 

 

 

 

Watch the Bears win the Super Bowl and this guy's gonna be like "If the Bears didn't do 'x' they would've sucked"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I believe they are. Defensive takeaways give the offense better position to score. Not my problem that Cleveland is a complete dumpster fire on offense.

You obviously need some offense to put up points but it helps when your defense is as good as the bears was my point. 

 

 

If you think they have benefitted from having a short field all game long, you'd be wrong again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

That trade was awful and trubs has had some awful decision making. If the bears D wasn't so dominant the bears would have a losing record.

 

But...trubisky is looking better and making better reads lately. I just want to see how well he does against Minnesota.

 

I take objection to this point. No doubt the Bears offense and Trubisky have benefitted from the Bears D but I don't see 3 wins that wouldn't have happened if they weren't so dominant. The defense completely shat the bed against the Dolphins though in a loss that shouldn't have happened. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Average starting position in the NFL is the 28 yard line.

 

To date, the Bears start their drives on average at the 30 yard line.

 

That's a heck of a head start Mitch is getting there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, drumr470 said:

 

Watch the Bears win the Super Bowl and this guy's gonna be like "If the Bears didn't do 'x' they would've sucked"

What does this even mean? I've complimented trubisky and the offense, is it not OK to be critical at times? 

 

5 minutes ago, psygolf said:

If you think they have benefitted from having a short field all game long, you'd be wrong again.

"All game long" 

 

do you always have to strawman to win an argument? I never said they had short field ALL game long 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, psygolf said:

Average starting position in the NFL is the 28 yard line.

 

To date, the Bears start their drives on average at the 30 yard line.

 

That's a heck of a head start Mitch is getting there.

6th best in the league. When you use average it doesn't look good since I believe factoring in all the punts and kick offs skews the data.

 

Heck of data manipulation you're doing there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

 

I take objection to this point. No doubt the Bears offense and Trubisky have benefitted from the Bears D but I don't see 3 wins that wouldn't have happened if they weren't so dominant. The defense completely shat the bed against the Dolphins though in a loss that shouldn't have happened. 

Cardinals / Seahawks game. The GB game the offense crumbled in the second half but I blame most of the on Nagy.

 

The team has definitely good lately and it's a changing tune from what I saw in the beginning of the year. 

 

Overall I'm pumped going forward for the bears (trubisky/cohen in dynasty) there are just things they can do better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bhawks489 said:

Cardinals / Seahawks game. The GB game the offense crumbled in the second half but I blame most of the on Nagy.

 

The team has definitely good lately and it's a changing tune from what I saw in the beginning of the year. 

 

Overall I'm pumped going forward for the bears (trubisky/cohen in dynasty) there are just things they can do better 

Why would you focus on the first three games of the season for anything meaningful?   Please continue to analyze the 2018 season looking at weeks 1-3, while ignoring the last 7.  Clearly they both can do things better, everyone in the nfl can, the guys will continue to improve or no longer be employed.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

6th best in the league. When you use average it doesn't look good since I believe factoring in all the punts and kick offs skews the data.

 

Heck of data manipulation you're doing there. 

It's an average starting point...it paints the picture that Mitch has driven his offense down the field with more prowess than you care to admit.

 

You are the only one attempting to twist the production here.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Cardinals / Seahawks game. The GB game the offense crumbled in the second half but I blame most of the on Nagy.

 

The team has definitely good lately and it's a changing tune from what I saw in the beginning of the year. 

 

Overall I'm pumped going forward for the bears (trubisky/cohen in dynasty) there are just things they can do better 

 

They lost the GB game (although the defense did enough they should've won) so even if Cardinals and Seahawks games were losses they wouldn't have a losing record. Regardless week 2 Seahawks and the Cardinals were 2 of the worst offenses in the league and the Bears didn't have "dominant" performances against either so I wouldn't directly say they only won either game because of the defense being elite. 

Edited by Jaw1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.