Sign in to follow this  
taobball

Mitch Trubisky 2018 Outlook

1 minute ago, CrimsonGhost said:

Why would you focus on the first three games of the season for anything meaningful?   Please continue to analyze the 2018 season looking at weeks 1-3, while ignoring the last 7.  Clearly they both can do things better, everyone in the nfl can, the guys will continue to improve or no longer be employed.  

wow, hungry? What's with all the sass. 

Just now, psygolf said:

It's an average starting point...it paints the picture that Mitch has driven his offense down the field with more prowess than you care to admit.

You are the only one attempting to twist the production here.  

You painted the picture that Mitch starts at the 30 every drive. The team has the 2nd most turnovers which helps the offense. you can disagree with that if you'd like I don't care 

4 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

wow, hungry? What's with all the sass. 

You painted the picture that Mitch starts at the 30 every drive. The team has the 2nd most turnovers which helps the offense. you can disagree with that if you'd like I don't care 

I suggest that you hang on to the "doesn't pass my eye-test" argument...it is all you currently have.

But if you can find stats that show the Bears offensive scoring drives have been sig. shorter efforts than other teams (because of their strong defense), I'm sure the forum would enjoy seeing them.

2 minutes ago, psygolf said:

I suggest that you hang on to the "doesn't pass my eye-test" argument...it is all you currently have.

But if you can find stats that show the Bears offensive scoring drives have been sig. shorter efforts than other teams (because of their strong defense), I'm sure the forum would enjoy seeing them.

Care to backup your claim that GB Minn and Detroit have the better D?

also care to answer my question on turnovers?

54 minutes ago, Jaw1 said:

I take objection to this point. No doubt the Bears offense and Trubisky have benefitted from the Bears D but I don't see 3 wins that wouldn't have happened if they weren't so dominant. The defense completely shat the bed against the Dolphins though in a loss that shouldn't have happened. 

The funny thing is against GB and MIA the Bears were up by 2 touchdowns or more in both games. Kind of hard to pin the loss on the offense under those circumstances. I mean, for MIA and NE you would have a stronger argument that special teams lose them those games.

1 hour ago, bhawks489 said:

Care to backup your claim that GB Minn and Detroit have the better D?

also care to answer my question on turnovers?

Now you are confused about which thread you've tied yourself up in.

I didn't mentioned GB, Minn, Det.

I answered your turnover question, you couldn't respond.

Edited by psygolf

46 minutes ago, psygolf said:

Now you are confused about which thread you've tied yourself up in.

I didn't mentioned GB, Minn, Det.

I answered your turnover question, you couldn't respond.

I do not accept that faulty answer. You got that dementia old man

23 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

I do not accept that faulty answer. You got that dementia old man

lol...let us know when you have #s that back up your claim of Mitch's poor play.   Feel free to stick around for this week's celebration of top play until then.

8 minutes ago, psygolf said:

lol...let us know when you have #s that back up your claim of Mitch's poor play.   Feel free to stick around for this week's celebration of top play until then.

Poor play? now I know you have that dementia.

38 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Poor play? now I know you have that dementia.

I'm fine with that...now, let's get back to what's important, celebrating Mitch

...$

9 hours ago, fakespike said:

Mitch is the number 2 QB since week 4, in my scoring at least.  Haven’t seen a top FF QB get this much hate in a while. 

The majority of hate comes from either:

True bears fans who thought the bears overpaid for him on draft night 

Or

Jordan Howard owners who thought they had a RB2 with RB1 upside before the bears became pass happy

41 minutes ago, Guwop said:

The majority of hate comes from either:

True bears fans who thought the bears overpaid for him on draft night 

Or

Jordan Howard owners who thought they had a RB2 with RB1 upside before the bears became pass happy

Or if your name is Michael Lombardi.

On 11/12/2018 at 4:53 PM, bhawks489 said:

Cardinals / Seahawks game. The GB game the offense crumbled in the second half but I blame most of the on Nagy.

The team has definitely good lately and it's a changing tune from what I saw in the beginning of the year. 

Overall I'm pumped going forward for the bears (trubisky/cohen in dynasty) there are just things they can do better 

SHOCKINGLY that just might happen with a full first year starting QB, first year in a complicated offense that he's still learning and takes 2+ years to master (as Alex Smith & Mahomes both commented on).  Again... I really don't know where Trubisky nets out long-term - high end QB1 or someone like Blake Bortles who plays as a high end QB1 one week and looks like he can't be a backup in the league.  That's a direct correlation to the fact that he's still learning and growing.  What we do know is that he is indeed growing & his pure physical tools jump off the page.

Edited by IlliniGuy76
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, IlliniGuy76 said:

SHOCKINGLY that just might happen with a full first year starting QB, first year in a complicated offense that he's still learning and takes 2+ years to master (as Alex Smith & Mahomes both commented on).  Again... I really don't know where Trubisky nets out long-term - high end QB1 or someone like Blake Bortles who plays as a high end QB1 one week and looks like he can't be a backup in the league.  That's a direct correlation to the fact that he's still learning and growing.  What we do know is that he is indeed growing & his pure physical tools jump off the page.

Agree.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2018 at 9:57 AM, daethfromabove1979 said:

Trubisky has a great schedule coming up too, all either weak defenses or teams that should make the games competitive. He’s pretty much a lock to finish as a top 10 QB.

Agree. Schedule looks great...AFTER the MN game.

I look at what Trubisky has done and it looks like he's performed when the matchup has been there, but not so much when it hasn't. MN is a tough matchup...whether home or not. Lot of the so called experts seem to be ignoring the matchup this week. Don't feel comfortable starting him at all.

1 hour ago, DemonFF said:

Thinking about starting Mitch over Rodgers this week. Crazy?

I say yes.

Really regret passing up this guy earlier this year when I thought one game was a fluke. This is a prime example to always pick up someone who just went en fuego (with decent enough reason and opportunity obviously) 

• Like 1

My prediction -

Passing: 280 yards, 1TD, 1 INT

Rushing: 45 yards

19 points in standard, maybe 17 with a second turnover.  I can’t recall him losing a fumble, it’s gonna happen at some point.

Howard & Cohen both get rushing TDs, and Cody Parkey gets his confidence back up with 2 field goals.  Bears score 27.  That should be enough for the victory.

2 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

Agree. Schedule looks great...AFTER the MN game.

I look at what Trubisky has done and it looks like he's performed when the matchup has been there, but not so much when it hasn't. MN is a tough matchup...whether home or not. Lot of the so called experts seem to be ignoring the matchup this week. Don't feel comfortable starting him at all.

His only really bad games have been vs Arizona in which he just played bad and vs Buffalo where they probably could have won with my grandma at QB, they got a couple defensive touchdowns so it was over after that.

Is Minnesota’s defense really that good? The only games I’ve seen of theirs, they were destroyed by Buffalo, Rams, and Saints so i don’t know what to make of them. I just don’t think it’s a bad matchup, it will be competitive so I think he puts up lots of points.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

My prediction -

Passing: 280 yards, 1TD, 1 INT

Rushing: 45 yards

19 points in standard, maybe 17 with a second turnover.  I can’t recall him losing a fumble, it’s gonna happen at some point.

Howard & Cohen both get rushing TDs, and Cody Parkey gets his confidence back up with 2 field goals.  Bears score 27.  That should be enough for the victory.

Holy eff Parkey better at least hit the xp 

Edited by bhawks489

Starting him over Big Benjamin. I have a feeling he’ll put up numbers in catch up mode. I think this game is higher scoring than most think and Howard will be rendered useless 

3 hours ago, DemonFF said:

Thinking about starting Mitch over Rodgers this week. Crazy?

2 hours ago, kyoun1e said:

I say yes.

I don’t think this is crazy at all. Rodgers on the road, Thursday night against a team that’s been very good against opposing QB’s. Plus over the past 3 games, Rodgers has put up just average numbers with 2 of the opponents having poor pass defenses. 

Safety valve in Cobb out too. 

I think Trubs outscores Rodgers this week. 

Mitch will have to be a game manager in this one, don’t expect anything more than high teens in standard.

I know he’s gonna have that at halftime but don’t expect it!

13 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Mitch will have to be a game manager in this one, don’t expect anything more than high teens in standard.

I know he’s gonna have that at halftime but don’t expect it!

Sounds like a reasonable prediction for this one.

Mark Potash of Chicago Sun-Times: 

"The Bears come in on a roll — over the past seven weeks, they are fifth in the NFL in offensive points scored (32.0 per game) and fourth in yards per play (6.6).

But the Vikings are on a similar roll defensively. After allowing an average of 25.7 points and 381.5 yards in their first four games, they have allowed 16.0 points and 274.8 yards per game in their last five, with 20 sacks and two defensive touchdowns. Even in the only loss in that span, they held the red-hot Saints to a season-low 270 yards and Drew Brees to 120 passing yards — his fewest passing yards in a full game in 13 years with the Saints."

Edited by The Joey Harringtons