wayzupusc

Antonio Callaway 2018 Outlook

Biggest issue is fixing the drops. QBs don't like it when they put it where you can catch it and you don't.

Landry has also had some notable drops. Seems on at least a couple of instances like they're still getting used to his throwing motion and how quickly the ball gets to them.

42 minutes ago, bsong71 said:

Biggest issue is fixing the drops. QBs don't like it when they put it where you can catch it and you don't.

Landry has also had some notable drops. Seems on at least a couple of instances like they're still getting used to his throwing motion and how quickly the ball gets to them.

Hey hey hey hey hey. Hey bro. That's not narrative-adjacent. We are trying to tear down Callaway here. Not Landry.

4 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

1) You include time but no quarters

2) I asked you where you got the info. You said "from the game" which means nothing. Did you watch the game? Because the way these notes are written down it doesn't seem like something a person would write.

I watched the game, every play. He had one drop.

I also included times. And which quarter the clock was at that time, which is helpful.

You also claimed he didn't injure his knee on his 50+ yd recept vs the Raiders, and instead said he was winded from smoking weed, when he actually limped to the sideline after the play. Then you said his knee wasn't really hurt, it was something else. Then I pointed out he was on the next week's injury report with a knee injury.

Not a great batting average, chief.

edit - looking at my post (below -- again) i see i did not include a time on the first target. It was 4:16 in the 1Q. And it was uncatchable, over his head, for the record

It's clear that you're a Callaway fan, and that's great. So am I. But the continual insistence in your posts and blindness to specific plays presented by Sack Exchange is troublesome. Maybe you're unclear because you can't re-watch the plays (?), or maybe because you don't recognize the defenders (?), and therefore don't realize that Sack Exchange's first example concerns the Baltimore game, and examples two, three and four concern the Raiders.

1) When you copy data from GamePass, it lists the time as a reference; this reference allows you to easily re-watch the play. It's clear that you are not re-watching these plays, but you should: with each pass, Callaway gets two hands on the ball. Statisticians will not always list it as a "drop." This is the way it's always been.

2) You post, "Did you watch the game? Because the way these notes are written down it doesn't seem like something a person would write." THESE NOTES ARE COPIED DIRECTLY FROM NFL GAMEPASS. The game is Baltimore because the defender is Brandon Carr. It's clear that you're arguing your point from memory. Consider getting GamePass. Now, looking at the first play posted by Sack Exchange: "3RD & GOAL AT CLV 32  / (9:36) (Shotgun) B.Mayfield pass incomplete short left to A.Callaway (B.Carr)". The ball sails through Callaway's hands. It is a drop. Barr did not even touch Callaway. There is no controversy here.

Next play: " 2ND & GOAL AT CLV 25 / (10:11) (Shotgun) B.Mayfield pass short left through Callaway's hands INTERCEPTED for pick 6". Here, the ball goes through Callaway's hands into Conley's hands. Gareon Conley is a Raider. Conley was in poor position, playing behind Callaway, and it should have been a reception. Still, it is not recorded as a "drop" by a statistician, but the fault is entirely Callaway's. The Raiders defense is nothing special, and here they are essentially helped by Callaway.

Next play, again, the GamePass reference is clear: "GOAL AT OAK 2 12:35 (Pass formation) TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. B.Mayfield pass to A.Callaway". The ball goes into Callway's hands---he has the reception for the two-point conversion---and then he drops it. AGain, Gareon Conley is behind Callaway and does not affect the play.

Next play: " 1ST & GOAL AT CLV 19 / (5:28) (Shotgun) B.Mayfield pass incomplete short right to A.Callaway into and out of his hands." This may be the play statisticians record as a "drop" because it's horrible. Callaway is in motion, at the line of scrimmage, there are no defenders near him, and he has the ball in both hands and drops it.

When specific information is provided to you, and you discredit the poster by stating, "Did you watch the game?" your posts comes off as sophomoric. But more to the point here, Callaway is dropping passes and missing opportunities. Consider: is it possible that your love for Callaway has blinded you slightly? I'm a 'Nole, and I feel that way about FSU alums. I still like Callaway despite that he's a Gator. But when you write this, "I watched the game, every play. He had one drop," it's clear that your information is not correct, and it's this kind of blind bias in posts that undermines the authority of what these forums are all about: a place where we fantasy footballers can get key information to help us advance in our leagues.

4 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

You also claimed he didn't injure his knee on his 50+ yd recept vs the Raiders, and instead said he was winded from smoking weed, when he actually limped to the sideline after the play. Then you said his knee wasn't really hurt, it was something else. Then I pointed out he was on the next week's injury report with a knee injury.

Not a great batting average, chief.

I believe Sack Exchange gave you credit for your point regarding the injury report, though you bring it up again (to rub it in his face?).

Seriously, give it a rest Cotton Jones, as your posts approach belligerence. Let's stick to the facts on the field.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

It's clear that you're a Callaway fan, and that's great. So am I. But the continual insistence in your posts and blindness to specific plays presented by Sack Exchange is troublesome. Maybe you're unclear because you can't re-watch the plays (?), or maybe because you don't recognize the defenders (?), and therefore don't realize that Sack Exchange's first example concerns the Baltimore game, and examples two, three and four concern the Raiders.

Yeah dude, how the F was i supposed to know that when he didn't say it?

9 hours ago, Sack Exchange said:

my information comes from the game itself. i include the actual time callaway's error occurs during the game, so if you're breaking it down target by target, which of these four passes places the blame on mayfield? it's not complicated. watch these four plays and notice how the ball goes through both of callaway's hands:

3RD & GOAL AT CLV 32  / (9:36) (Shotgun) B.Mayfield pass incomplete short left to A.Callaway (B.Carr)

2ND & GOAL AT CLV 25 / (10:11) (Shotgun) B.Mayfield pass short left through Callaway's hands INTERCEPTED for pick 6

GOAL AT OAK 2 12:35 (Pass formation) TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. B.Mayfield pass to A.Callaway into his belly incomplete.

1ST & GOAL AT CLV 19 / (5:28) (Shotgun) B.Mayfield pass incomplete short right to A.Callaway into and out of his hands.

each of these four passes is catchable; the ball is well-thrown, callaway uses both hands, touches the ball with both hands, fails to complete the reception.

Why on earth would I think he is talking about 2 different games here?

Because "OAK" was tucked in there? Give me a friggin break dude. That is literally the only thing in his entire post that would even hint at the fact he is talking about 2 different games. "The game" this, "The game" that. Singular.

I did a target-by-target breakdown of the RAVENS game. I referenced it OVER AND OVER, and linked to my post about ONLY THE RAVENS GAME, twice. I said he had ONE DROP - OVER AND OVER. Referring obviously to the RAVENS GAME and not his entire season, or just a specific 2 games (??? Why would I do that, it makes zero sense when he has played in 4 games.)

Why the hell would I think he is talking about 2 separate games?

I give you an A+ on your novella & condescension. 

I am obviously talking about one game here, and in my other posts:

11 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

i don't know where you are getting your info, but i watched the game and broke it down target-by-target. he had one drop.

Edited by Cotton Jones

13 minutes ago, Cotton Jones said:

Because "OAK" was tucked in there? Give me a friggin break dude. That is literally the only thing in his entire post that would even hint at the fact he is talking about 2 different games. "The game" this, "The game" that. Singular.

I believe the post was answering this prompt, where nb009 posted: " I haven’t seen any of his games. Can you please elaborate on the frequency of the drops and how bad they were?" A polite request from nb009, and a response from Sack Exchange considering the "games" (i.e. more than one), including catch rate average, catch rate most-recent, and specific plays featuring drops from more than one game.

If you've learned that "OAK" means the Oakland Raiders there is hope, and we can call that progress.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

I believe the post was answering this prompt, where nb009 posted: " I haven’t seen any of his games. Can you please elaborate on the frequency of the drops and how bad they were?" A polite request from nb009

Oh 

13 hours ago, nb009 said:

I haven’t seen any of his games. Can you please elaborate on the frequency of the drops and how bad they were?

13 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

he had one drop last week that was a throw he extended for that was swatted out of his hands

can't remember how many targets

To which he replies

13 hours ago, Sack Exchange said:

credited for "one drop," yes, but each of the plays above should have been a catch: 

"each of the plays above" referring to his list of plays from a mix of the Ravens and Raiders games, which makes zero sense. Especially since he said, "credited for one drop"

This is obviously a run of the mill internet miscommunication but I'm glad you decided to inject yourself into it, we'd be lost without you

I referred to "the game" many times, and so did he, saying "the game" when he was talking about arbitrarily 2 different games. I guess that's on me though. Right.

12 hours ago, Cotton Jones said:

i don't know where you are getting your info, but i watched the game and broke it down target-by-target. he had one drop.

Edited by Cotton Jones

so has someone shown this guy how to hold on to a football yet?  would love to play him against LAC

1 minute ago, Panthor said:

so has someone shown this guy how to hold on to a football yet?  would love to play him against LAC

Wilkes is banged up so it looks like smooth sailing for targets to callaway, should see 8-12 targets,  but good luck predicting receptions. 

The only thing I can see hurt his targets is if Haley decides to go run heavy and feed duke+landry. 

Chargers at 10th best in rush defense on a YPG basis but you can throw on them for sure.

No Higgins and Wilkes is now questionable.  I think he's a safe bet for 8+ targets but the guy is not efficient and has the case of the drops.  

With that being said, I like this match-up and I may FLEX him.

Might have to find a way to get him into my line-up this weekend...the hail mary play that I need 

"Browns WR Derrick Willies, an unlikely hero in last week's win over the Ravens, fractured his collar bone in practice today. Out Sunday and will be re-evaluated next week."

I remember watching his performance against Oakland and thinking to myself how he just looked completely disinterested out there with zero focus. I’m afraid this will be the last week i hold onto him if he shows more of the same.

• Like 2

Rigging is the best WR on that team. Sad He got hurt , hopefully he come back next week to continue his break out season.

with all that said and done 

this is the Game for Callaway to put it together. 

15 minutes ago, krest509 said:

Rigging is the best WR on that team. Sad He got hurt , hopefully he come back next week to continue his break out season.

with all that said and done 

this is the Game for Callaway to put it together. 

Landry is by far the best wr on the team and who the hell is Rigging? Lol Higgins?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, 77georgec said:

Landry is by far the best wr on the team and who the hell is Rigging? Lol Higgins?

So you do know him...🤷🏿‍♂️ Don’t be that guy

Lol at Jarvis . 

Might be to you.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, krest509 said:

So you do know him...🤷🏿‍♂️ Don’t be that guy

Lol at Jarvis . 

Might be to you.

Do you really believe Rigging is the best? Never heard of him. I'll go with Landry.

41 minutes ago, TheAuthorityHere said:

Do you really believe Rigging is the best? Never heard of him. I'll go with Landry.

Riggins/Higgins , Landry is nothing Special 

yes he is the best player, outside of Landry Higgins close Second 

1 hour ago, krest509 said:
1 hour ago, krest509 said:

Riggins/Higgins , Landry is nothing Special 

yes he is the best player, outside of Landry Higgins close Second 

Dude, riggings is a run of the mill, ho-hum wr. Are you his agent?

Edited by 77georgec

**GUT ALERT**

Believe the universe has aligned for Antonio to have a monster this week...

- back-to-back near double digit targets Week 3/4 (11/9)...

- followed by the "dialing back" of his snaps Week 5...

- then the Riggins :lol: (Higgins) injury announcement...

- now this rookie Willies out for the season....

Despite the catch/ratio**, Callaway will be on the field the entire game with plenty of targets/opportunities against a defense who has been getting worked by opposing WRs to begin the year -- should be a high scoring affair with Antonio being a huge benefactor. I also keep getting this image in my head of Hue in Callaway's ear all week trying to challenge/motivate him into being something special.  

**yes, plenty of drops, BUT how many of those targets where catchable balls from Tyrod, and how different our views would be if only a he came down with a couple of those long receptions?

-BOLD PREDICTION-

12 Targets

9-134-2

Antonio Callaway's time is about to arrive.

Again, just a gut feel.

Side Note

- Thank you to the Mods for cutting my Month-Long Suspension in half -- never again with I criticize for shadow-banning, nor will I ever jokenly reference politics again.

Lesson Learned.

It's good to be back.

Where We Go 1, We Go All.

• Like 1

Sixth in Air Yards per Target, third-best QB delivering the ball under pressure, sixth-best team for explosive plays, and number-one in the league in downfield attempts...

It’s an ideal time to buy in here, folks.

• Like 1

dropped him last week due to roster problems, wish i didnt have to. Was scooped up on waivers

On 10/11/2018 at 3:27 PM, nb009 said:

Decided at the last hour to hold this guy rather than picking up Ito Smith. I pray that decision doesn’t backfire. He really needs to learn to catch the ball. I can’t remember the last time we’ve seen a young receiver this good at creating separation / opportunities but not being able to catch. Seems like he has the hard part covered but is sabotaging himself by missing the easy things.

Troy Williamson

10357.jpg

Browns signed WR Breshad Perriman, formerly of the Ravens.

With both Rashard Higgins (knee) and depth wideout Derrick Willies (shoulder) out Sunday, the Browns had no choice but to add a veteran off the streets. The No. 26 overall pick in the 2015 draft, Perriman never found success with the Ravens due to nagging injuries and consistent drops. It's unclear how much he'll play Sunday, but his presence alone likely keeps rookie Antonio Callaway from moving back into a full-time role. Cleveland will have Jarvis Landry, Rod Streater, Damion Ratley, Callaway, and Perriman available in Week 6 against the Chargers.
Oct 13 - 11:35 AM

3 minutes ago, kencav said:
10357.jpg

Browns signed WR Breshad Perriman, formerly of the Ravens.

With both Rashard Higgins (knee) and depth wideout Derrick Willies (shoulder) out Sunday, the Browns had no choice but to add a veteran off the streets. The No. 26 overall pick in the 2015 draft, Perriman never found success with the Ravens due to nagging injuries and consistent drops. It's unclear how much he'll play Sunday, but his presence alone likely keeps rookie Antonio Callaway from moving back into a full-time role. Cleveland will have Jarvis Landry, Rod Streater, Damion Ratley, Callaway, and Perriman available in Week 6 against the Chargers.
Oct 13 - 11:35 AM

This cements Calloways value and real need to “step up” for atleast a couple of weeks till Higgins returns.

Too bad on Willies.....he is not only out was placed on IR.......Perriman has visited other teams this past month and is a total stiff/bust.

I would NOT expect him to eat much into Calloway’s snaps.

Edited by kencav