Dislimb

Mark Ingram 2018 Outlook

It’s official. Suspended for the first 4 games of the season.

New Orleans running back Mark Ingram is suspended for the first four games of the 2018 season for performance-enhancing drugs, the league announced Tuesday.

Ingram will be eligible to return to the Saints' active roster on Monday, October 1 following the team's September 30 game against the New York Giants.

Around The NFL will have more on this shortly.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000931997/article/saints-rb-mark-ingram-suspended-four-games-for-peds

25% of fantasy season gone I wonder what the haircut is on him

Posted (edited)

I always get burned trying to get a suspension discount.  By the time the guy gets back in the lineup the team has usually moved on without him, unless you're talking about the centerpiece of the offense like Brady during the Deflategate suspension (which actually did turn out to be a nice value pick).  Wouldn't touch Ingram until the 5th or 6th round and I doubt he lasts that long.  We already had to worry about Kamara stealing more touches and now he's been gift-wrapped a full month to audition for a much bigger role.

Edited by eg4190

With the Saints being on a bye in week 6, he essentially going to be available once in the first 6 weeks.

Easy DND for me. 

• Like 2

It will probably get reduced on appeal.  It's his first offense.  I bet 2 games.

1 minute ago, raltherr said:

It will probably get reduced on appeal.  It's his first offense.  I bet 2 games.

that significantly changes the calculus

4 minutes ago, raltherr said:

I don't think there is reduction on PED'S 

I think it's a concrete set suspension levels for what number offense.

This hurts. I was looking forward to my Ingram & Kamara combo rolling in dynasty. Not only am I missing out on point, I'm kinda worried Kamara may get overworked as the lead back. Any word on what kind of substance he was tested positive on ? 

I'd start doing drugs too if i had to try and keep up with Kamara.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

57 minutes ago, raltherr said:

Can PED suspensions even be appealed?

Posted (edited)

Look how the Saints treated Snead after his suspension last season. I'm staying far away from Ingram. Something tells me they sign a vet (Murray?) and Ingram has a bit role when he comes back. 

Edited by ajs723

5 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Look how the Saints treated Snead after his suspension last season. I'm staying far away from Ingram. Something tells me they sign a vet (Murray?) and Ingram has a bit role when he comes back. 

AP 😂

• Haha 3

he already appealed and lost from what i read 

i guess we will see if kamara can handle the load, he might have had 20 touches once last year and thats including kickoffs 

18 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

It's because Willy Snead came back in out of shape and out of practice. If Ingram comes back in football shape there is no doubt in my mind he will be back in the mix unless Kamara is just completely lighting the world on fire and they don't really need Ingram.

• Like 1

Ingram will get his share of snaps when he comes back. He’s the longest tenured guy on that offense besides Drew Brees.

6 minutes ago, metalmat said:

It's because Willy Snead came back in out of shape and out of practice. If Ingram comes back in football shape there is no doubt in my mind he will be back in the mix unless Kamara is just completely lighting the world on fire and they don't really need Ingram.

I mostly agree.  

I expect Ingram to put up RB2 numbers after returning.  There’s no reason to give the 2017 workload of both to just Kamara all season.  It’s better to give Kamara 200 carries + 100 catches over the regular season, and make sure he has something left for the playoffs.  Ingram will get his...  

I’ll take Ingram in the 6th for a duel role as RB + cuff.

He’s going to start looking like a value pick pretty soon, once people start dropping him in their rankings. I’m curious to see where he’ll start going once legit drafts start in 2-3 months.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, seanismorris said:

I mostly agree.  

I expect Ingram to put up RB2 numbers after returning.  There’s no reason to give the 2017 workload of both to just Kamara all season.  It’s better to give Kamara 200 carries + 100 catches over the regular season, and make sure he has something left for the playoffs.  Ingram will get his...  

I’ll take Ingram in the 6th for a duel role as RB + cuff.

I like how this comment seems to be implying 300 touches is chump change.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

I like how this comment seems to be implying 300 touches is chump change.

Ingram had 230 carries + 58 receptions last year last year.

Kamara had 120 carries + 81 receptions 

If Kamara took both he’d be at almost 500.  That would be a ridiculous (impossible) workload.

Kamara with 200 carries + 100 catches would be top5.... possibly #1 RB in the league in fantasy.

That’s easily over 2000 total yards... no chump change here.

Edited by seanismorris

•  
  • Don't hurry back Mark. Alvin can carry the load :D
  • Like 1

here is a wild thought, Saints sign Demarco Murray and trade Ingram, making Kamara the feature rb

Posted (edited)

Kamara isn’t going to get 300+ touches. 240-250 (15-16 per game) seems to be more realistic. He’s a 10 carry, 5 catch per game kind of back.

Ingram, on the other hand, is much more likely to get 20 or so carries in any given game. He’s been terrific in the passing game for the last three seasons as well.

Even after sitting out for 4 games, I still think Ingram will have around the same amount of touches as Kamara will. That’s just how the Saints’ offense is built.

Edited by Dislimb

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

here is a wild thought, Saints sign Demarco Murray and trade Ingram, making Kamara the feature rb

That actually makes sense. They could save a ton of money. Demarco would probably sign for a free lunch. And in a limited roll is still very good. 

Ingram just had a career year though and Murray is pretty much finished. I don’t like this idea.